As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lego Universe - It's no more.

123457»

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Glal wrote:
    Players, not subscribers.

This is the key of what they said. Tons and tons of people were playing with the free stuff, but very few were paying for anything.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Wow, I remember hearing about this game a couple years ago and being pretty excited about it, but apparently I'd completely forgotten until I saw this thread pop up.

Then the thread brings news that it's closing!

Ahh well, it doesn't sound like I missed all that much, which is kinda sad as an online space to build a LEGO empire could have been quite awesome.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    The posts man.. lol. I feel bad for the kids.

It was a neat concept, but they focused on the wrong idea by trying to make an MMO-clone. Lego is about creativity and player imagination. Minecraft is a perfect example of how people just want to be left alone to make giant wangs and boobie(s) traps. They should have spent their focus on the creative aspect of the game rather than the MMO aspect. Simplicity always wins out in game design. Look at all the biggest Cinderella stories out there, most of their games consist of few assets and even less mechanics, but it sells hot. Lego already had a brand name and a concept, all they had to do was execute their product with a little polish.

When the Harry Potter MMO launches it's going to do the same thing and it too will fail.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    And now old memes are getting used. How cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a-8ACATnVA

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Ok, the calendar bit on that one was pretty good...

"Why are you worried when it's 1945?"
    "IT'S CURRENTLY 2011!"
    "I think you should see a calendar..."

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    If Lego Universe worked similar to minecraft, oh man. But it looks like they took that lego game from the 90s and made it multiplayer. Which was fun when I was like... 10. Plus 10 year olds can't support the game... so, make a lot of sense.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me