Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Archer: BACK!!!!

1484951535488

Posts

  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Slowly riding Cyril like a weightless mule through a floating glob of Lana's half-digested lunch while holding his mouth open is so fucking Archer that it's just, it's just Archer.

    In fact, if Archer was a verb, that would be the exact nature of the action the verb would describe.

    ...Also presumably something having to do with bows and arrows.

  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    SMOKEBOMB!

    Figures Krieger's minute in the show was one of the best, heh.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    and i can WATCH! the door so no one can see ya doing the dirt

    borderline nsfw stuff from the past 2 weeks of archer
    Spoiler:

  • MimMim Well you paid the price, no doubt. And I wanna have your babies.Registered User regular
    Pam's "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat" had me going.

    FcJo3o0.png?1
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    You could almost hear the grin on Cranston's face when he did the last line of the episode.

    sig.jpg
    Last pint: Green Elephant IPA - Laurelwood
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    So Archer+ Pirates+ Space= Space Lacrosse?

  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    just finished.

    great episode. A zone that is great danger.

    SMOKEBOMB.

  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    maybe i dont get out enough but what does pam mean by moab... i was under the impression it is massive ordnance air burst but clearly that isnt what is implied here... do i need to head over to urban dictionary?

  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    maybe i dont get out enough but what does pam mean by moab... i was under the impression it is massive ordnance air burst but clearly that isnt what is implied here... do i need to head over to urban dictionary?

    Mother of All B___ - I don't know what the B could stand for in this case, but there are options.

  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good

    override367 on
    XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
  • MimMim Well you paid the price, no doubt. And I wanna have your babies.Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good

    don't jinx it!

    FcJo3o0.png?1
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good
    I like to believe that they produce three times as many episodes that we actually see. Then they watch them all, and those that aren't good enough are burnt to ashes, along with the writers that contributed to them.
    It's just a huge pyre of mediocrity that will never be inflicted upon the audience, joyfully offered up as a sacrifice to the gods of animation.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    They're fueled by green Russians and bear claws, all day everyday. How can you not produce quality on that kind of sustenance?

    PSN/Steam - Elderlycrawfish
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good
    I like to believe that they produce three times as many episodes that we actually see. Then they watch them all, and those that aren't good enough are burnt to ashes, along with the writers that contributed to them.
    It's just a huge pyre of mediocrity that will never be inflicted upon the audience, joyfully offered up as a sacrifice to the gods of animation.

    Sounds like a huge waste. They could easily sell those as another Adult Swim show.

    EmperorSeth.png
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    maybe i dont get out enough but what does pam mean by moab... i was under the impression it is massive ordnance air burst but clearly that isnt what is implied here... do i need to head over to urban dictionary?

    Mother of All B___ - I don't know what the B could stand for in this case, but there are options.

    The easy guess would be "blowjob", but that doesn't really seem to fit the situation...

  • FencingsaxFencingsax Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good
    I like to believe that they produce three times as many episodes that we actually see. Then they watch them all, and those that aren't good enough are burnt to ashes, along with the writers that contributed to them.
    It's just a huge pyre of mediocrity that will never be inflicted upon the audience, joyfully offered up as a sacrifice to the gods of animation.

    Aren't they all essentially written by Adam Reed?

    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    could just be 'bonings'

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • Bear CavalryBear Cavalry Registered User
    The third season of Archer has been so damn good, 'El Contador' is the high point for me. Cyril being vaguely competent is so funny to me.

  • SixSix Registered User regular
    Mouth on a butt

    XBL, PSN, & Steam: SixkillerNYC Twitter Flickr
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good

    Yes, about that...
    Spoiler:

  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    It weirds me out that Archer manages to make awesome things just seem so awesome.

    I want to go on the zero-g NASA plane now :(

  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    It weirds me out that Archer manages to make awesome things just seem so awesome.

    I want to go on the zero-g NASA plane now :(

    You mean the one that's as fast as a comet, that makes you sick or perhaps, vomit?

    Excision wrote: »
    My girlfriend is going down tonight!

    Steam:MichaelLC
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    It weirds me out that Archer manages to make awesome things just seem so awesome.

    I want to go on the zero-g NASA plane now :(

    You mean the one that's as fast as a comet, that makes you sick or perhaps, vomit?

    It also take you to a zone, which may be dangerous.

  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good

    They put all of their terrible into Frisky Dingo.

    Seriously J not only are you a monumentally umpleasant person when you start uttering the nonsense that passes for philosophy in your mind (shame on whatever institution you graduated in, and shame on your tutors for creating such a monster), but your sense of humor, such as it is, is awful.
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good

    They put all of their terrible into Frisky Dingo.

    I liked the first season of Frisky Dingo. I don't know WTF happened the second season.

    Nintendo Network ID: Warlock
    3DS Friend Code: 4983-4927-6699
    Steam ID: warlock82

    WarlockSoL.jpg
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good

    They put all of their terrible into Frisky Dingo.

    what? frisky dingo is amazing.

    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Spoiler:
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I kind of thought they might be hinting at Lana being pregnant in this last episode. They were taking her being useless really far for it being nothing.

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I think it's just a little bit of role reversal. She's so consistently the most effective/normal person on the show that it's funny if she has a useless day

    gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    if the rapture don't come cousin, then pass the guns
    I'll burn'em for the return of my investment funds
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    I think it's just a little bit of role reversal. She's so consistently the most effective/normal person on the show that it's funny if she has a useless day

    Also some foreshadowing, with her being useless and Cranston insisting that she come anyway.

  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Those make perfect sense. Particularly the foreshadowing one.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax Registered User regular
    I'm trying to figure out whether Cranston said "and two back on the shuttle almost as good" was ignoring Mallory because she couldn't have more kids, or because it's funnier if he's purposely ignoring her.

    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out whether Cranston said "and two back on the shuttle almost as good" was ignoring Mallory because she couldn't have more kids, or because it's funnier if he's purposely ignoring her.

    i was going to say you could have more, but you're all dried up down there.

  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out whether Cranston said "and two back on the shuttle almost as good" was ignoring Mallory because she couldn't have more kids, or because it's funnier if he's purposely ignoring her.

    i was going to say you could have more, but you're all dried up down there.

    He specifically picked her to go on the mission though. which makes things kind of creepy. better a hole then no hole it sounds like. On the other hand, colonizing a planet with one woman......... yikes. I guess you can use the "they are crazy" excuse, but thats pretty unsustainable.

    steam_sig.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    maybe i dont get out enough but what does pam mean by moab... i was under the impression it is massive ordnance air burst but clearly that isnt what is implied here... do i need to head over to urban dictionary?

    Mother of All B___ - I don't know what the B could stand for in this case, but there are options.

    The easy guess would be "blowjob", but that doesn't really seem to fit the situation...

    Whatever it is it's apparently something graphic or distasteful enough that Archer (!) doesn't want her to say it out loud. And none of the obvious things I could think of (blowjobs, bonings, etc) seem to fit that.

    1Slimus.jpg
  • MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    I loved archer trying o play catch by himself in the cargo hold this episode.

    That was a reference to Steve McQueen in "The Great Escape" where he bounces a baseball off of his cell wall.

    midshipman.jpg
  • JokermanJokerman Registered User regular
    Midshipman wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »
    I loved archer trying o play catch by himself in the cargo hold this episode.

    That was a reference to Steve McQueen in "The Great Escape" where he bounces a baseball off of his cell wall.

    It was total McQueen!

    Chanus wrote: »
    the best asians are white people
    My blog about Beer!
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good
    I like to believe that they produce three times as many episodes that we actually see. Then they watch them all, and those that aren't good enough are burnt to ashes, along with the writers that contributed to them.
    It's just a huge pyre of mediocrity that will never be inflicted upon the audience, joyfully offered up as a sacrifice to the gods of animation.

    Aren't they all essentially written by Adam Reed?

    All the ones that make it through are.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out whether Cranston said "and two back on the shuttle almost as good" was ignoring Mallory because she couldn't have more kids, or because it's funnier if he's purposely ignoring her.

    i was going to say you could have more, but you're all dried up down there.

    He specifically picked her to go on the mission though. which makes things kind of creepy. better a hole then no hole it sounds like. On the other hand, colonizing a planet with one woman......... yikes. I guess you can use the "they are crazy" excuse, but thats pretty unsustainable.

    I was wondering about the whole "International Space Agency" thing in Archer-times...the closest things I could think of were Interkosmos (I assume NASA organized similar things, I just don't know their name). Interkosmos included astronauts from Cuba, Mongolia, India, and Afghanistan--so, pretty varied group. Meanwhile, despite the mission commander's claims, it's entirely possible that all the astronauts that we've seen so far are Americans or at least from the Anglophone World.

    Which makes sense. The mission commander's full of shit, and these sort of crazy recolonization efforts, like those Civil War soldiers who tried to resettle in South America, tend to be a unified, more homogeneous group, culturally, ethnically, etc., in the first place.

    tl;dr--those astronauts are fucking crazy.

    EDIT: Also, Lana wearing high heel boots instead of combat boots (which I'm pretty sure she wears on occasion) in space? Hilarious given her dilemma.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 The style is radiation leak at mile island Also known as Chernobyl talk, listen for the sirensRegistered User regular
    Haha, Sealab reference. Pod 6 was jerks!

    y7dKgGy.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
Sign In or Register to comment.