As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Archer: BACK!!!!

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Sheryl said it, Archer was pleased.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Archer's
    reactions to finding out he banged El Presidente's wifey
    ? Oh man, I lost it there.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I wish Kazak had stuck around.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    I wish Kazak had stuck around.

"He thinks he's people".

We say that to our pets now when they do something human-like. I don't think they get the joke.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    MIKE DUCOCKLESS!

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    This episode felt like it lacked momentum.

It feels a little bit like Adam Reed is trying to preserve the setting a little too much to keep the story together, whereas previously they'd just assassinate the Russian premiere and not worry about it too much.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    It should have gone more places than it did. It was basically them standing around "trying to leave" the whole time. Although I still loved Cyrills bit trying to decide on what car to steal, and all of the Kreigers and a lot of the jokes were funny, I'm was just ready for something to happen this week since nothing really happened last week or the week before.

I'm still more excited for this seasons finale more than any other though. I really want to see how this seasons plot wraps up and where it leaves them.

• Options
    Oh yeah. My biggest objections are "why haven't they replaced the dictator yet and/or joined the rebels and unwittingly undermined them".

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    It should have gone more places than it did. It was basically them standing around "trying to leave" the whole time. Although I still loved Cyrills bit trying to decide on what car to steal, and all of the Kreigers and a lot of the jokes were funny, I'm was just ready for something to happen this week since nothing really happened last week or the week before.

I'm still more excited for this seasons finale more than any other though. I really want to see how this seasons plot wraps up and where it leaves them.

well they've essentially just taken over the country so that could be what allows them to get back into the spy game.

don't know about the rest of you, but despite not much happening till the end i found this episode to be pretty hilarious, especially the first half which just seemed to be gag after gag after gag. probably my favourite of the season so far.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Wraith260 wrote: »

well they've essentially just taken over the country so that could be what allows them to get back into the spy game.

don't know about the rest of you, but despite not much happening till the end i found this episode to be pretty hilarious, especially the first half which just seemed to be gag after gag after gag. probably my favourite of the season so far.

Me too! Archer is primarily a show about megalomanics bickering, and this episode was juuuuust right. And Pam stealing "Michael Ducockless" was amazing. o/`

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yea I can't say I watch Archer for "where the story is going"

I watch it to laugh. And it has been bringing that in spades this season.

• Options
    Since the rebellion is a communist rebellion which has already been stated to be backed by Moscow, I wonder if we'll get to see our cyborg duo in the finale.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I was surprised at how how shocked and sad I was when they shot Pam.

Then the whole "Not a pussy" sequence was hilarious.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I'm amazed Pam was able to get into cyrils vest. Despite her figure, Pam still has like 24 more inches to her chest than Cyril.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    One of the great things about the show is that they don't have to worry about aging. They can keep it going for a while. They just have to be concerned with Jessica Walter still being around. That is the beauty of animated shows.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I agree that it feels a little bit directionless this season. Like in previous seasons the whole accidentally-trade-drugs-for-weapons scenario would've been handled in one episode, rather than stretched over two.

I guess mostly the issue is that they set up this season with a lot of urgency (sell the cocaine! Make some money quick etc), so when it just returns to episodic-spy-tomfoolery it feels off somehow

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I've still loved a lot of this season. The Jungle Adventures of Archer, Ray, & Cyril two partner is probably my favorite. Especially everything in the second episode.I had the episode paused because I was laughing so hard collectively from the jeep falling down the cliff and everything on the raft that my cable box recorded enough to let me fast forward through all of the commercials in the episode.

Viskod on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the overarching (heh) plot has never been what's important. This season has been pretty funny, and that's what I'm looking for. I wonder if Algernop is going to have a change of heart, or whether the Russians get the bomb, or what. I'm pretty sure it's not going to do what Calderon thinks, though. Thanks to Krieger's idiot mods.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    If I had one criticism of the 'Archer Vice' thing, it's that if anything, they didn't go different enough with it. At times it barely feels like a change.

That said, this season has been really funny, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit, so it's not really much of an issue.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Since the rebellion is a communist rebellion which has already been stated to be backed by Moscow, I wonder if we'll get to see our cyborg duo in the finale.

I was sooo waiting for
    Barry, head of the KGB to pop out of the tank that was driven
    by Cyril!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Is it wrong I was cheering when Pam was shot?

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Yes.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Truly then, I don't want to be right.

:)

• Options
    I knew she wasn't dead. Because in an animated show where alligators can prove why they're the perfect killing machine, there wasn't enough blood.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I thought right away the joke was going to be that her boobs were so big, they stopped the bullet.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I saw a lot of cocaine fly from the entry wound, I thought it would be her smuggling her personal stash of cocaine bricks, or something...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I saw a lot of cocaine fly from the entry wound, I thought it would be her smuggling her personal stash of cocaine bricks, or something...

Also yes.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Also yes.

I'm a bit confused tho....are her tits now completely made of cocaine?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Duh and/or ¡Hola!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I've been kinda bored by the whole season. It lacks the manic energy of the earlier stuff

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I love Archer being so angry that someone stole it the one time he had something for this.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Finally caught up.

This was the worst episode in the whole series. I chuckled at the clones. And that was about it.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Considering what they've made her this season, I'd say "no".

Past Pam was great.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'd say this has been the weakest season, yeah. It was an interesting experiment, but I kinda hope they restore the status quo when all is said and done and they go back to zany espionage antics.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Or running the government of a small country caught in the middle of the cold war between communists and CIA interference. Just saying...

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Or running the government of a small country caught in the middle of the cold war between communists and CIA interference. Just saying...

-fuck yes-

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    It wasn't the change in concept (which was marginal, anyway) that made the season weaker than others. Not sure what it was, exactly, to be honest. Just sort of lacked energy.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    It all changed when Benson died in the FBI shootout in the beginning of the season :p

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I daresay the show has kind of run its course. But it still gets huge numbers so it'll keep on keeping on for another couple of seasons.

• Options
    I think the exact opposite. While I have enjoyed this season, and a couple of episodes in particular have been very funny, overall yes, as a whole it's not as good as others.

But, the reason being the creator just wanted to do something different, wanted to get them out of the office and didn't want it seem to be the same old thing over and over and getting stale. He changed up the show's setting and it was a gamble, and while it didn't pay off in a season that's better than the ones before it I still respect him for wanting to try it.

Just because this one foray into a different setting wasn't a huge success doesn't mean the show's over and there's nowhere else to go.