As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Art Books (availability question)

klokklok Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Do bookstores carry these or would I have to order them online from amazon or something? I'm interested in the Brutal Legend and possibly Guild Wars 2 but I doubt any bookstores would have them. My main question is would they have any?

klok on

• Options
    billwillbillwill Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    klok wrote: »
    Do bookstores carry these or would I have to order them online from amazon or something? I'm interested in the Brutal Legend and possibly Guild Wars 2 but I doubt any bookstores would have them. My main question is would they have any?

A simple search of the Barnes and Noble and Borders websites show that they don't have any. Did you even look there?

billwill on
    I hate you and you hate me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh hey thanks bud next time I want to learn how horribly fail at giving advice I'll throw you a pm. Maybe if you want to not be an idiot and tell me how exactly you waded through all 980 results when you searched for books relating to video games in 7 minutes I won't think of you as a huge tool bag!

klok on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    nice response

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I see them occasionally (a word I can NEVER spell right. Thank you, Firefox spellcheck) at my local Barnes & Noble, but only the more mainstream ones (such as Halo).

Amazon is probably your best bet.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If there are any specific ones you want, and buying them from a brick and mortar store is important for you, just note down the ISBN number from Amazon, and your local store can order them in for you.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks fellas!

klok on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    klok wrote: »
    Oh hey thanks bud next time I want to learn how horribly fail at giving advice I'll throw you a pm. Maybe if you want to not be an idiot and tell me how exactly you waded through all 980 results when you searched for books relating to video games in 7 minutes I won't think of you as a huge tool bag!

He looked up the two that you mentioned you were looking for. How about you relax? o_O

Esh on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If he didn't express the same laziness he accused me of having in his response I probably would have given him a lil mo r.e.s.p.e.c.t

klok on