As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

cant connect my iphone to my xbox360 for music!

eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
a bloo bloo a bloo

the title says it all

for those in the know, i already downloade the optional music thing from the market place, but its still no go

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
eatmosushi on

• Options
    Cyd CycloneCyd Cyclone Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Was it working after you downloaded the music update off Live? If so, try re-downloading it to reinstall. I have to do this every single time I want to listen to my iPod on my 360. It's annoying as hell.

Cyd Cyclone on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    iPhones and iPod Touches just don't work with the 360. It's not a thing you can do.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thanks for the heads up, guys.

ok what if i want to take the music i bought on itunes and put it on a nondescript mp3 player and then put that in the xbox360?

how do i move the files off the pc to the mp3 player?

is that like, something i can do?

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, as long as the iTunes music is of the unprotected AAC format, you should be able to just save the music to a USB drive and then play the files off it from the Xbox. The Xbox won't play protected AAC files though (pre iTunes Plus music, basically).

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    so basically what i'm hearing is that apple is sheisty enough to sell me music but only if i use it on apple hardware.

I hope it is Monday everyday for Jobbs.

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    blakfeldblakfeld Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    so basically what i'm hearing is that apple is sheisty enough to sell me music but only if i use it on apple hardware.

Thats more or less true. One option is to burn your purchased music to a CD, then rip it back as a plain jane mp3

blakfeld on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Aren't most iTunes songs DRM-free now? If you change the "Import CD" settings in iTunes to import new tracks as mp3s, then you can pick a song in your iTunes library, right-click and pick "Create mp3 version".

KalTorak on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    blakfeld wrote: »
    eatmosushi wrote: »

Thats more or less true. One option is to burn your purchased music to a CD, then rip it back as a plain jane mp3

You can also rip directly from CD to the hard drive of the 360.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Aren't most iTunes songs DRM-free now? If you change the "Import CD" settings in iTunes to import new tracks as mp3s, then you can pick a song in your iTunes library, right-click and pick "Create mp3 version".

ALL songs currently sold on the iTunes Store are DRM-free.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    scratchy.

scratchy.

ok i'll have to try that out

eatmosushi on