Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Final Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien Thread

The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
edited March 2010 in Social Entropy++
Starring:

CONAN O'BRIEN

TuWQeGIF9oj8zat765ogL2oao1_400.jpg

ANDY RICHTER

andybarker.jpg

JAY LENO

jay_leno___175584m.jpg

DAVID LETTERMAN

2006124143145_DavidLettermanCBS.jpg

CRAIG FERGUSON

vwr6s8.jpg

JIMMY KIMMEL

jimmy-kimmel-jay-leno.jpg

THE OTHER JIMMY

news_1109_jimmyfallon_neilyoung.jpg

AND CARSON DALY

marky.jpg

The Geebs That Got Bigtimed on
Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png

• BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS
    edited January 2010
    Okay Jimmy is pretty bad but QuestHATRED

SIG.gif
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    but you forget one thing!

I always smile when you post, goobs

4SMZq.jpg
  • BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    I hear Jay Leno explains his position on his show tonight.

Guess I'll catch that in 10 mins.

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

Wampa Milk lives!!!
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yo soy........ CONANDO

zw3k8eu.gif
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This thread title made me sad

I'm going to pour one out for Conan

do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • nateknatek Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    bogey, leno was on THREE HOURS AGO!

• The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    Bogey wrote: »
    I hear Jay Leno explains his position on his show tonight.

Guess I'll catch that in 10 mins.

I'll put it in spoilers for everyone that doesn't want to hear jay talk or lives in a place with a proper time zone:
    Spoiler:

• CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Conaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn

Saying goodbye to the only talk show host that could ever hold my interest! :(

polar-bearsig.jpg
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    can we talk some more about Norm too? I was gonna post some more Norm stuff.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    At least Conan's ratings are doing great now!

Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »

like anyone could say no to more norm

• scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Leno's still a swine.

japsig.jpg
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Haha ya, Conan is going to go off the air at #1 just like Jay!

• CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »

there is always room for more Norm

here is one of my favorite moments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBe-eYM0fGc

polar-bearsig.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    OP lacks
    vwr6s8.jpg

the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
    edited January 2010
    he's kind of...removed himself from the fray, I suppose

but then, so has jimmy fallon

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    did anyone post this norm appearance in the old thread?

anyway I like that appearance of norm macdonald on the late night with conan o'brien show

4SMZq.jpg
    edited January 2010

Jimmy's on NBC and probably doesn't want to risk his contract getting axed over something that he has had no part in.

Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • Frank BrakFrank Brak Registered User
    edited January 2010
    I just don't understand why Jay can't see that taking back the Tonight Show moniker is in such poor taste given the way this whole thing has gone down.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »
    Conaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn

Saying goodbye to the only talk show host that could ever hold my interest! :(

and you can say hello again when his Fox show debuts this fall

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I guess I just don't understand how people can not like conan.

Like we where talking about this whole thing and work and everyone who I consider cool where like "Man Jay Leno just isn't funny, Conan rocks" even one of the 45 year old managers who grew up with Leno likes Conan more. But then theres these two guys who...well there not like rednecks or anything but there as hillbilly as you can be out here, there all "NO WAY! Leno is amazing Conan sucks"

I just don't get it. What where people watching?

Can't you see it in my eyes, I'm the one I'm the ONE TWO THREE FOUR I'm not like the other guys, (he's not like anybody, well..) That's not completely right There's a few that I'm just like Steven and the Stevens, We're gonna make you smile. Me, myself, and I and him, Are all the same guy.Steven and the Stevens, Come on now don't be shy. Me myself and I and him (That's me!) Are all the same guy.
    edited January 2010
    Frank Brak wrote: »
    I just don't understand why Jay can't see that taking back the Tonight Show moniker is in such poor taste given the way this whole thing has gone down.

You really aren't giving him much credit. His speech is what you would call a positive spin.

• BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Jimmy's on NBC and probably doesn't want to risk his contract getting axed over something that he has had no part in.

People at the Golden Globes where like that. At lunch today I saw Inside Edition because it was on at the restaurant and they tried to talk to a bunch of NBC people and there all like "No opinion. I'm just glad to have work."

Can't you see it in my eyes, I'm the one I'm the ONE TWO THREE FOUR I'm not like the other guys, (he's not like anybody, well..) That's not completely right There's a few that I'm just like Steven and the Stevens, We're gonna make you smile. Me, myself, and I and him, Are all the same guy.Steven and the Stevens, Come on now don't be shy. Me myself and I and him (That's me!) Are all the same guy.
  • cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I hope when he takes back over the ratings drop.

This is not a love song
    Help feed animals
  • BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    Interesting. We've been waiting to hear Leno's position on all this, his silence over the last week seemed to only fuel the media's vitriol. I was honestly surprised at how positive he was towards Conan.

However, I still believe NBC's best step forward was to just cut Leno loose and buy him out instead of Conan. This current situation is only going to destroy both of them further. :(

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

Wampa Milk lives!!!
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I wish I had been old enough to watch Johnny Carson, now that looked like sum good tv.

• BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It was basically Leno but done by a charming mid-westerner

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited January 2010
    The thing is, Jay Leno can't say anything bad about Conan, really, and expect anything good to come of it. It's questionable how much of this was Jay's doing and how much of it was the network's, but there's no question that Conan is getting screwed here. Throwing any shit at Conan would pretty much ruin any goodwill people had for Leno.

• FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I saw Conan live when he was in Canada, he signed my GBA
    I wish I had a picture of that on this computer

edited January 2010
    I noticed the part were Leno says other networks were offering to Conan, which networks?

• JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Norm on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire was pretty amazing. One of the best parts was towards the end, where he's going for $500,000 and he's sitting there thinking through it, talking through and kind of out of nowhere just goes "Oh! Calcutta!, Final Answer" before Regis can make a worried face or talk him out of it. Regis looks so terrified, I think he had a small heart attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORgRYGCia3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNNEpvvusO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDkJCvUIhoY

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited January 2010
    Interesting. We've been waiting to hear Leno's position on all this, his silence over the last week seemed to only fuel the media's vitriol. I was honestly surprised at how positive he was towards Conan.

However, I still believe NBC's best step forward was to just cut Leno loose and buy him out instead of Conan. This current situation is only going to destroy both of them further. :(

Yes, but network executives don't get where they are by being open minded and rational.

They are stubborn, thick headed creatures.

And besides, I doubt Conan would want the job at this point even if they offered it to him. The relationship between them is damaged and there will never be trust between them. You'd basically have to reorganize the NBC executive staff and axe all the heads who were involved with this in order to move on.

• BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Franko wrote: »
    I noticed the part were Leno says other networks were offering to Conan, which networks?

I would imagine Fox
    Maybe CBS and ABC
    Remember this was a few years ago when Letterman wasn't doing so well and Conan was at 12:35

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited January 2010
    and then regis talks him out of the right answer on the million dollar question

• scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I love Norm, haha, those were great clips.

japsig.jpg
    edited January 2010
    BusterK wrote: »
    I would imagine Fox
    Maybe CBS
    Remember this was a few years ago

ABC, also, probably. They were sniffing around Jay Leno recently too, which may be part of the reason Kimmel hates him so much.

• FuzzFuzz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I feel like Conan and Fallon do their part to mix up the game, but Leno just plays it safe. The worst part of all this is I may never actually see Tonight Show in person.

Oh, and Bucketman, you're mixing up "were" and "where" as well as "they're," "there," and "their." I hope you don't take this the wrong way, just looking out :)

edited January 2010
    I would imagine Fox
    Maybe CBS

ABC, also, probably. They were sniffing around Jay Leno recently too, which may be part of the reason Kimmel hates him so much.

Probably
    I was a bit suspicious of his
    "ethical nobility"

edited January 2010

Yes, but network executives don't get where they are by being open minded and rational.

They are stubborn, thick headed creatures.

And besides, I doubt Conan would want the job at this point even if they offered it to him. The relationship between them is damaged and there will never be trust between them. You'd basically have to reorganize the NBC executive staff and axe all the heads who were involved with this in order to move on.

Conan's people were still trying to talk NBC out of the whole thing even as they were bargaining for his release. It's honestly not in his best interests to stay, especially the way things are right now at NBC, but it's still the Tonight Show. I think if they were to come up to him right now and say he can keep the 11:35 slot and still do the Tonight Show, he'd probably accept.

edited January 2010
    I would imagine Fox
    Maybe CBS

Probably
    I was a bit suspicious of his
    "ethical nobility"

well, and the fact that kimmel is a comedian, and all comedians apparently hate jay leno

the brilliant part of that all leno episode he did was how spot-on it was