As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Another X-Box 360 problem thread

TachTach Registered User regular
Hey, guys.

Started having an issue last night with my system. It's about 2 years old now, and for some reason, it won't boot up at all. It'll turn on, with both the controller and the front button, but won't do anything besides whirr and other noises. It isn't red-ringing, and the controller can't synch.

Anyone had this issue? Is it fixable?

Tach on

• nlawalkernlawalker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tach wrote: »
    Hey, guys.

Started having an issue last night with my system. It's about 2 years old now, and for some reason, it won't boot up at all. It'll turn on, with both the controller and the front button, but won't do anything besides whirr and other noises. It isn't red-ringing, and the controller can't synch.

Anyone had this issue? Is it fixable?

The controller can't sync, but you can use the controller to turn the unit on?

What kind of connection do you have to the TV? If it's HDMI, try component instead.

nlawalker on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, it's weird. I can turn it on, but nothing happens but the power light goes on, and various whirring noises eminate from inside. It won't boot up to the load screen or anything.

I'll try switching from HDMI to the component cables and see what happens.

Tach on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If you turn the 360 and the TV is not on the Input channel that the 360 is plugged into wont start I have noticed. Also the 360 should boot up by itself without the controller by pressing the power button the console fine. If its not doing that check the video cables. You can also try swapping the video cables... if your plugged into HDMI try plugging in your Component.

Jubal77 on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, I plugged in the components and it worked fine. This led me to check the HDMI cable, and it had indeed come loose from the switch box when I was dusting.

Case Closed.

Now, to determine why the blasted thing isn't playing nice with the wireless router!

Tach on