As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EVGA x58. Installed new HSF now no post code :(

king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
I have an EVGA x58 SLI mobo and an I7 920 cpu. My cpu was running a little hot when gaming so I ordered a cooler master V8 to cool her down and for possible overclocking in the future.

I installed it and now when I boot up, no beeps, no post codes, nothing. The leds on the board light up and all the fans kick on but that's it.

I took everything out of the board and took the baord out and sat it on a wooden table. Right now the only things connected to the mobo are the CPU, 3 ramsticks and the 2 power cables. I still get nothing when I turn it on. I unplugged the 8pin power connecter (the cpu power) just to see if that would do anything, and that gave me the FF post code (FF = 'booting') and then just hangs there.

So... CPU, PSU, or Mobo. Which one did I destroy? :/ Also, what could I have done to break one? Additionally, is there anything else I can do to test this stuff or maybe I'm missing something glaringly obvious and I'm somehow not screwed.

Bigsushi.fm
Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
king awesome on