As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No emails when PMd

pheknophekno Registered User regular
I'm not getting any emails when I get sent a PM. I have verified that my email address is correct and that I have that option enabled. I have also verified that messages are not going in to my email spam folder. I don't want to subscribe to threads, only to be notified when I receive a PM.

Suggestions?

steam_sig.png
phekno on

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This feature has been turned off for a while, I think the behavior is intentional.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If I recall correctly, auto e-mails were disabled intentionally because they were causing the legitimately important e-mails such as account activation to be spammed/bounced.

But Alpha would know for sure!

Jasconius on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2010
    I can't remember the reason for it, but PM emails are indeed turned off. I don't think there's any talk of turning them back on in the near future.

Tube on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    I just turned on the popup notification for PMs when the e-mails were turned off. If I get a PM, a dialog box pops up whenever I refresh any page on the forums.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png