Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

GOTY poll 2006 RESULTS

1246

Posts

  • milathmilath Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dareth Ram wrote:
    milath wrote:
    Anyway, I think the real problem with any *OTY is memory. Games that came out at the end of the year have a much better chance of being in the top 10 or so than say, something that came out at the beginning of the year simply because people remember the more recent game better. Not saying Zelda or GoW didn't deserve to be up there, though, just that they are more fresh in everyone's minds.
    Our 2005 GOTY was Resident Evil 4, and that came out at the begining of the year.

    Maybe RE4 was just that memorable? Maybe nothing that came out at the end of the year was that good?

    Seriously though, I didn't make sweeping generalizations for a reason. I specifically didn't say 'ALL' games that come out at the end of the year will be number one. Or that ALL games that came out at the beginning of the year are ranked low. Just, in general, that seems to be a trend in any OTY poll. Memory is an issue in many cases. To go back to my other example, I'm sure there's movies that came out at the beginning of the year that have been nominated or picked for best picture as well. :D

    steam_sig.png
    "No.. I was wrong. This must be what going mad feels like."

  • mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Still, you cannot deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias
    I deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias.

  • mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Cullen wrote:
    mcc, out of interest what are the weightings on the positions? Just wondering how Dead Rising placed 2 above EBA when EBA has double the number of 1st place votes.

    IIRC, it works like this..

    If something gets voted #1, it gets 20 points. #2, it gets 19 points, etc. etc. until #20 where it gets 1 point. So basically, even if a game doesn't get a lot of #1 votes, it can still put up a strong showing if it frequently popped up as the #2 or #5 or whatever on peoples lists.
    Yes, that is correct. This is kind of a very close approximation of something called "condorcet voting", because I've never figured out how to do condorcet properly. I also did an IRV, just as an error check; The only effect was that Guitar Hero 2 and FF12 swapped places.

    If you don't know what condorcet and irv mean look them up on wikipedia.

  • EpiphyteEpiphyte Registered User
    edited January 2007
    milath wrote:
    Dareth Ram wrote:
    milath wrote:
    Anyway, I think the real problem with any *OTY is memory. Games that came out at the end of the year have a much better chance of being in the top 10 or so than say, something that came out at the beginning of the year simply because people remember the more recent game better. Not saying Zelda or GoW didn't deserve to be up there, though, just that they are more fresh in everyone's minds.
    Our 2005 GOTY was Resident Evil 4, and that came out at the begining of the year.

    Maybe RE4 was just that memorable? Maybe nothing that came out at the end of the year was that good?

    Seriously though, I didn't make sweeping generalizations for a reason. I specifically didn't say 'ALL' games that come out at the end of the year will be number one. Or that ALL games that came out at the beginning of the year are ranked low. Just, in general, that seems to be a trend in any OTY poll. Memory is an issue in many cases. To go back to my other example, I'm sure there's movies that came out at the beginning of the year that have been nominated or picked for best picture as well. :D
    I think the PS2 release late in the year helped out considerably in keeping the game fresh in people's minds. That, and it being fucking awesome.

  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sweet, the top 3 are the same as my top 3.

  • mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mcc wrote:
    Still, you cannot deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias
    I deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias.
    Well, we have a strong Nintendo bias in that we don't shout people down as "teh kiddie."

    If anything we have a "agree to disagree" bias, which is why this forum rocks.

    266.jpg
  • edited January 2007
    Dareth Ram wrote:
    milath wrote:
    Anyway, I think the real problem with any *OTY is memory. Games that came out at the end of the year have a much better chance of being in the top 10 or so than say, something that came out at the beginning of the year simply because people remember the more recent game better. Not saying Zelda or GoW didn't deserve to be up there, though, just that they are more fresh in everyone's minds.
    Our 2005 GOTY was Resident Evil 4, and that came out at the begining of the year.
    a biology professor once told me you tend to remember the beginning and end of things better than the middle of them because of the way our memory works

    besides which, because of the way publisher schedules work with regards to christmas and other holidays, most of the "big releases" come out at the ends of the year

    there doesn't seem to be such thing as summer blockbusters in gaming

    basically what i'm trying to say is that the reason that games in the middle of the year are often forgetten about is probably because they're generally not worth remembering

  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The important thing to remember is, even though through voting people decided Zelda was #1 that doesn't really make it #1.

    It's all up to the PA electoral college.


    Whose jobs were all recently outsourced to the 360 arcadians.

    Xbox Live: OGSirToons PSN: NoGreatName Bnet Tag: SirToons#1214 NNID: SirToons
    Steam ID: SirToons 3DS: 3024-5277-3254 Twitch: SirToons check.php?c=sirtoons
  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mcc wrote:
    Still, you cannot deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias
    I deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias.
    But you can't do that!

    rvcontre78 wrote:
    This game is all about the racism. I hate to think about all the backlash that will be involved but the truth must be told. The truth about a man who kills people by dropping them from his crane. Political correctness be damned. Damned to the max.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man, I just thought Zelda was really good.

    Hell, I bought and played some of NSMB but I did not vote for it.

    Per3th.jpg
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Graviija wrote:
    mcc wrote:
    Still, you cannot deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias
    I deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias.
    But you can't do that!
    I deny that the sun is hot

    WII U NNID- talios
    steam-taliosfalcon
    XBL-AdeptPenguin
  • ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Graviija wrote:
    mcc wrote:
    Still, you cannot deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias
    I deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias.
    But you can't do that!

    He can.

    He's wrong.

    But he can deny anything he wants.

    Edit: Just to clarify because on hindsight this can be construed as flame bait, I dont mind a Nintendo bias, Nintendo are my favorite company, Zelda is a good game, lord knows the Wii is superior in every aspect to the PS3 for me. So a Nintendo bias isnt a bad thing, if anything it shows the quality and integrity of these forums.

    But for GOTY polls it is a bad thing, as it skews results, which in my opinion this year meant a game (Zelda) won when it was not the best game of the year.

    Again this is just my opinion but whatever.

    He seems to project beyond himself, exerting a kind of Reggie Field that dogs and many birds find unpleasant. Hearing a man speak with this much drive and confidence about an imaginary plumber is sort of enthralling.
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Eh, I thought Gears was a better gaming achievement than Zelda, but both are damn fine games and worthy of #1. I would personally classify them as co-number one's in my own mind.

    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I dunno. The more I think about it, the more I'm of the opinion that no games released this past year deserve a number 1 spot. Then again, games in general are starting to disappoint me more and more. My standards are climbing, and games aren't getting better fast enough.

    FFXIV/Sargatanas/Wintry Ptarmigan
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Renzo wrote:
    I dunno. The more I think about it, the more I'm of the opinion that no games released this past year deserve a number 1 spot. Then again, games in general are starting to disappoint me more and more. My standards are climbing, and games aren't getting better fast enough.

    Neither Gears nor Z:TWP met your standards? Not to sound rude, but I think your standards are a bit high. Both games moved the industry forward in their own way, which is the mark of a true GOTY candidate.

    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    GnomeTank wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    I dunno. The more I think about it, the more I'm of the opinion that no games released this past year deserve a number 1 spot. Then again, games in general are starting to disappoint me more and more. My standards are climbing, and games aren't getting better fast enough.

    Neither Gears nor Z:TWP met your standards? Not to sound rude, but I think your standards are a bit high. Both games moved the industry forward in their own way, which is the mark of a true GOTY candidate.
    I disagree. Gears has a nifty and fun cover mechanic. The last level is cool, but nothing else about it is spectacular.

    Twilight Princess is a solid Zelda-style game, but that's exactly its problem. It doesn't do anything new. It has some new gimmicks and sequences, but that doesn't do enough to make it stand out. Just because it's a Zelda game doesn't mean it's good. Just because it does the Zelda formula well...again...doesn't make it okay.

    Zelda did anything BUT move the genre or game industry. It stuck to the formula.

    FFXIV/Sargatanas/Wintry Ptarmigan
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • GimeCGimeC Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Ah, I totally forgot to vote, but it looks like the lineup is about on par with what I think barring TP being that high and Okami being that low.

    Also, it's too bad Mother 3 didn't get a chance, and probably won't. It would have swept every GOTY contest.

  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Graviija wrote:
    mcc wrote:
    Still, you cannot deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias
    I deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias.
    But you can't do that!

    He can.

    He's wrong.

    But he can deny anything he wants.
    no he can't

  • Silent ZeroSilent Zero Registered User
    edited January 2007
    LewieP wrote:
    Graviija wrote:
    mcc wrote:
    Still, you cannot deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias
    I deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias.
    But you can't do that!

    He can.

    He's wrong.

    But he can deny anything he wants.
    no he can't
    I deny your existence.

    bam

    Yes I work for Netflix. No, I can't give you any free movies dammit.
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    LewieP wrote:
    Graviija wrote:
    mcc wrote:
    Still, you cannot deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias
    I deny the PA forums have a strong Nintendo bias.
    But you can't do that!

    He can.

    He's wrong.

    But he can deny anything he wants.
    no he can't
    I deny your existence.
    bam
    but...but, I have a pet schroeder's cat!

  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Renzo wrote:
    GnomeTank wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    I dunno. The more I think about it, the more I'm of the opinion that no games released this past year deserve a number 1 spot. Then again, games in general are starting to disappoint me more and more. My standards are climbing, and games aren't getting better fast enough.

    Neither Gears nor Z:TWP met your standards? Not to sound rude, but I think your standards are a bit high. Both games moved the industry forward in their own way, which is the mark of a true GOTY candidate.
    I disagree. Gears has a nifty and fun cover mechanic. The last level is cool, but nothing else about it is spectacular.

    Twilight Princess is a solid Zelda-style game, but that's exactly its problem. It doesn't do anything new. It has some new gimmicks and sequences, but that doesn't do enough to make it stand out. Just because it's a Zelda game doesn't mean it's good. Just because it does the Zelda formula well...again...doesn't make it okay.

    Zelda did anything BUT move the genre or game industry. It stuck to the formula.

    Well, then I guess we can agree to disagree.

    I think Gears was the first true next gen title I have seen yet. It trully showed off what next gen is supposed to look like. That moved the industry forward. The entire game was fun, which is something I can't say for many titles that bring the kind of eye candy GoW does. Many of them rest entirely on said candy, while Gears took the candy to the "next gen" level while still putting an interesting game under the cover.

    Zelda moved things forward because of the Wii interface. Aside from Wii sports, it's one of the best examples yet of what the Wii can do in terms of human interface design. You can downplay it all you want, but it took a major leap forward in terms of human interfaces to machines, while still keeping the tried, true and fun Zelda formula in tact.

    Again, we can just agree to disagree on this. I think both games have made large contributions to what we will expect from games in the future.

    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh
  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Renzo wrote:
    Just because it's a Zelda game doesn't mean it's good.
    Yes, yes it does.

    More than any other long running franchise, every single Zelda game released has been universally called "excellent" to "mind blowing". It's not good just because it has "Zelda" in the title; it just so happens the people who make the Zelda games do it extraordinarily well.

    rvcontre78 wrote:
    This game is all about the racism. I hate to think about all the backlash that will be involved but the truth must be told. The truth about a man who kills people by dropping them from his crane. Political correctness be damned. Damned to the max.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Graviija wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    Just because it's a Zelda game doesn't mean it's good.
    Yes, yes it does.

    More than any other long running franchise, every single Zelda game released has been universally called "excellent" to "mind blowing". It's not good just because it has "Zelda" in the title; it just so happens the people who make the Zelda games do it extraordinarily well.
    CDi

  • ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Titmouse wrote:
    Graviija wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    Just because it's a Zelda game doesn't mean it's good.
    Yes, yes it does.

    More than any other long running franchise, every single Zelda game released has been universally called "excellent" to "mind blowing". It's not good just because it has "Zelda" in the title; it just so happens the people who make the Zelda games do it extraordinarily well.
    CDi

    Owned.

    Also, Zelda has had some great games, and then some mediocre games as much as any other series.

    He seems to project beyond himself, exerting a kind of Reggie Field that dogs and many birds find unpleasant. Hearing a man speak with this much drive and confidence about an imaginary plumber is sort of enthralling.
  • Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Zelda has a goddamn good reason to stick to formula. That reason is Zelda 2.

    I really want to know what the hell qualifies as "moving the industry." Most of the shit that the media lauds as "moving the industry" didn't really do anything but cohesively gel conventions that had already been around in 2D into 3D (see: Devil May Cry). Twilight Princess gave us what we love, except much more of it, and in a much more polished way. And that's the best that a franchise that has to struggle so hard to top itself can do without risking a total fan back-lash and gimped sales. Shit, Wind Waker created a huge rift, and that was only an aesthetic transition. Imagine what fan morale would come to if they didn't make up for that.

    It isn't Nintendo's fault if they bake the best pumpkin pies around and a few people want to whine that it's not pecan.

  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Titmouse wrote:
    Graviija wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    Just because it's a Zelda game doesn't mean it's good.
    Yes, yes it does.

    More than any other long running franchise, every single Zelda game released has been universally called "excellent" to "mind blowing". It's not good just because it has "Zelda" in the title; it just so happens the people who make the Zelda games do it extraordinarily well.
    CDi
    Oh, come on. No one counts the CDi games.

    Toad, the only Zelda game I can think of that could be considered mediocre was Zelda II (I thought it was great), and maybe the Oracle games (I though they were awesome as hell).

    The others? Zelda NES - classic. LttP - one of the best games on the SNES. LA - best GB game, period. OoT - No need to explain. MM - Not quite as highly regarded, but still considered a classic. WW - Refined OoT style gaming very well, well loved. TP - ultimate refinement of 3d Zelda gameplay.

    Really, I'm just going by popular critical views on the titles.

    rvcontre78 wrote:
    This game is all about the racism. I hate to think about all the backlash that will be involved but the truth must be told. The truth about a man who kills people by dropping them from his crane. Political correctness be damned. Damned to the max.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Minish Cap wasn't very good.

    Though that seems to be a minority opinion.

    Per3th.jpg
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I could care less about Zelda's controls. I played it on the GameCube. For me, TP was Ocarina of Time 2. It's just a bigger and better version of a game I played 8 years ago. There were some new things, namely a few items you get in the later dungeons. But you don't use them nearly enough.

    Is TP good? Yes. Is it ALL good? No. Frankly, I found that inexcusable, given that it's a Zelda game and they spent 4+ years on it. Zelda games should be perfect, and TP wasn't.

    Maybe it is unfair to expect something new out of a franchise- oh wait no it isn't. Several franchises innovate. Each Final Fantasy has implemented new systems in each game. Each Metal Gear refines and changes the gameplay and structure of the game. Even Mario tries new shit. And none of those are above criticism, but at least they try something new.

    FFXIV/Sargatanas/Wintry Ptarmigan
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    Minish Cap wasn't very good.

    Though that seems to be a minority opinion.
    You know, this kind of talk still proves his point, which is that having Zelda in the title doesn't automatically make it a masterpiece to everyone.

  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Zelda has a goddamn good reason to stick to formula. That reason is Zelda 2.

    I really want to know what the hell qualifies as "moving the industry." Most of the shit that the media lauds as "moving the industry" didn't really do anything but cohesively gel conventions that had already been around in 2D into 3D (see: Devil May Cry). Twilight Princess gave us what we love, except much more of it, and in a much more polished way. And that's the best that a franchise that has to struggle so hard to top itself can do without risking a total fan back-lash and gimped sales. Shit, Wind Waker created a huge rift, and that was only an aesthetic transition. Imagine what fan morale would come to if they didn't make up for that.

    It isn't Nintendo's fault if they bake the best pumpkin pies around and a few people want to whine that it's not pecan.

    hey man, I love zelda2.

  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Renzo wrote:
    I could care less about Zelda's controls. I played it on the GameCube. For me, TP was Ocarina of Time 2. It's just a bigger and better version of a game I played 8 years ago. There were some new things, namely a few items you get in the later dungeons. But you don't use them nearly enough.

    [snip]
    180px-Linkandmida.jpg

  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    Minish Cap wasn't very good.

    Though that seems to be a minority opinion.
    Yeah, it is (though it was far from my favorite).

    I just wanted to check what I was saying, so I looked at the review scores for the most recent games I could find (Gamerankings):

    Link to the Past - 93.5%
    Link's Awakening DX - 91.7%
    Ocarina of Time - 97.7%
    Majora's Mask - 92.5%
    Oracle of Season/Ages - 92.5%
    Minish Cap - 91.0%
    Wind Waker - 94.7%
    Twilight Princess - 95%

    I realize some other series have consistently high review scores (Final Fantasy, Mario), too.

    rvcontre78 wrote:
    This game is all about the racism. I hate to think about all the backlash that will be involved but the truth must be told. The truth about a man who kills people by dropping them from his crane. Political correctness be damned. Damned to the max.
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    bruin wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    I could care less about Zelda's controls. I played it on the GameCube. For me, TP was Ocarina of Time 2. It's just a bigger and better version of a game I played 8 years ago. There were some new things, namely a few items you get in the later dungeons. But you don't use them nearly enough.

    [snip]
    180px-Linkandmida.jpg
    Congratulations, you are a wolf with gimped combat capabilities that you can't morph out of until you kill 20 bugs. The idea and aesthetic of wolf/midna was great, but it didn't work out so well in practice. At least you could transition back and forth quickly.

    FFXIV/Sargatanas/Wintry Ptarmigan
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Graviija wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Minish Cap wasn't very good.

    Though that seems to be a minority opinion.
    Yeah, it is (though it was far from my favorite).

    I just wanted to check what I was saying, so I looked at the review scores for the most recent games I could find (Gamerankings):

    Link to the Past - 93.5%
    Link's Awakening DX - 91.7%
    Ocarina of Time - 97.7%
    Majora's Mask - 92.5%
    Oracle of Season/Ages - 92.5%
    Minish Cap - 91.0%
    Wind Waker - 94.7%
    Twilight Princess - 95%

    I realize some other series have consistently high review scores (Final Fantasy, Mario), too.
    Why do you care what other people think? This whole voting thing is about YOUR opinion.

    FFXIV/Sargatanas/Wintry Ptarmigan
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Renzo wrote:
    it's a Zelda game and they spent 4+ years on it.
    Excuse me? The game was announced in 2004 and came out in 2006. How the fuck do you know this?
    Each Final Fantasy has implemented new systems in each game.
    And was also complete shit until just recently.
    Each Metal Gear refines and changes the gameplay and structure of the game.
    As much as I absolutely adore Metal Gear... :lol: Every Metal Gear from MG1 to MGS2 plays almost the exact same way, except that newer ones have fancier graphics and hammier dialogue. And even MGS3 needed a completely overhauled re-release to meet most modern standards of change.
    Even Mario tries new shit.
    Have you ever seen anybody's reasoning as to why they might not have liked Super Mario Sunshine?

    Ignoring your silly, silly point (being that Twilight Princess, a game that provides a transformation mechanic that provides sorts of gameplay previously unseen and still manages to be a less novel addition than being able to press a few buttons in a menu and watch Naked Snake nearly choke himself on a raw trout, isn't "different" enough)--who the fuck cares? Maybe the game isn't all that different, but I was too busy burying myself in dozens of hours of enjoying myself to get caught up in that kind of pretentious shit.

  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Renzo wrote:
    Graviija wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Minish Cap wasn't very good.

    Though that seems to be a minority opinion.
    Yeah, it is (though it was far from my favorite).

    I just wanted to check what I was saying, so I looked at the review scores for the most recent games I could find (Gamerankings):

    Link to the Past - 93.5%
    Link's Awakening DX - 91.7%
    Ocarina of Time - 97.7%
    Majora's Mask - 92.5%
    Oracle of Season/Ages - 92.5%
    Minish Cap - 91.0%
    Wind Waker - 94.7%
    Twilight Princess - 95%

    I realize some other series have consistently high review scores (Final Fantasy, Mario), too.
    Why do you care what other people think? This whole voting thing is about YOUR opinion.
    ...I know. Hell, I only voted for one game (Zelda) because it was the only game I played this year that reminded me over and over why I love videogames.

    I was posting the numbers to show that there really haven't been any overwhelmingly mediocre Zelda games...but now I pretty much forgot why I was trying to prove that point, anyway.

    Oh well.

    rvcontre78 wrote:
    This game is all about the racism. I hate to think about all the backlash that will be involved but the truth must be told. The truth about a man who kills people by dropping them from his crane. Political correctness be damned. Damned to the max.
  • DeaconKnowledgeDeaconKnowledge Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Blitz, you and I don't agree often, but i'm with you on this.

    My NEW Wii code - 5227 1968 3982 4139. My Wii needs your Miis! Please give generously!
    Animal Crossing - 3566 5318 4585/2492 7891 0383 Deacon/Akisha in Crayon
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Renzo wrote:
    Graviija wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Minish Cap wasn't very good.

    Though that seems to be a minority opinion.
    Yeah, it is (though it was far from my favorite).

    I just wanted to check what I was saying, so I looked at the review scores for the most recent games I could find (Gamerankings):

    Link to the Past - 93.5%
    Link's Awakening DX - 91.7%
    Ocarina of Time - 97.7%
    Majora's Mask - 92.5%
    Oracle of Season/Ages - 92.5%
    Minish Cap - 91.0%
    Wind Waker - 94.7%
    Twilight Princess - 95%

    I realize some other series have consistently high review scores (Final Fantasy, Mario), too.
    Why do you care what other people think? This whole voting thing is about YOUR opinion.

    So whats with all the arguing in here anyway? The games are ranked on how people liked them. It just so happens that Zelda is the most liked game of the year. How is that such a problem?

    7nUkagJ.png
    SteamID:Icemopper PSN:Icemopper
  • MishraMishra Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Blitz, you and I don't agree often, but i'm with you on this.

    Just to chime in if anything Zelda shows that traditional games still work quite well with the new Wii interface and that every game doesn't need to be "gimmicky" Something you may recall was a concern with the DS.

    "Give a man a fire, he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life."
    -Terry Pratchett
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Maybe the game isn't all that different, but I was too busy burying myself in dozens of hours of enjoying myself to get caught up in that kind of pretentious shit.
    I like to think about my entertainment. What's good and what's bad about it. I don't find that so strange. I didn't resort to name-calling in here, but thanks for calling me pretentious.

    FFXIV/Sargatanas/Wintry Ptarmigan
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
Sign In or Register to comment.