As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Amazing [chat]ing Bunny

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Does liking Spoon's new album make me a douche?

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I can't wait for the coming tablet PC onslaught. Actually, I can't wait for 9 months after the coming tablet PC onslaught, when they're all on closeout, since nobody bought them, just like the last time tablets got popular.

I thought they were still popular with art students?
    So Apple will sell a few dozen.

I had some fun playing with them for some security applications but they just weren't durable enough.
    It's a concept without a real, widespread use. Especially now that phones are basically computers. They're less useful, less powerful and more fragile than a laptop, and not much lighter than a netbook.

I dunno. Form always has to follow function. You can bend that rule a little, but go to far and it will bite you in the ass every single time.

It's basically being marketed as a giant iPod though, right? Like a more convenient to use iPod touch? I guess we'll see in a few hours.

Smurph on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I downloaded Mass Effect 2 last night and didn't play it because I told myself I was going to power through ME1 first.

Trying to save myself for marriage here but the temptation to sin is great.

desc on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    desc wrote: »
    I downloaded Mass Effect 2 last night and didn't play it because I told myself I was going to power through ME1 first.

In just the little bit that I played last night I saw/heard so many references to shit I did in ME1 that I can't imagine not importing a ME1 character.

However, ME2 is so fucking good that everyone needs to be playing it right the fuck now.

So, uh, good luck with your decision.

Bama on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I have ME2 "preloaded" and a save file ready to import but Steam won't let me play it.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Smurph wrote: »
    I can't wait for the coming tablet PC onslaught. Actually, I can't wait for 9 months after the coming tablet PC onslaught, when they're all on closeout, since nobody bought them, just like the last time tablets got popular.

I had some fun playing with them for some security applications but they just weren't durable enough.
    It's a concept without a real, widespread use. Especially now that phones are basically computers. They're less useful, less powerful and more fragile than a laptop, and not much lighter than a netbook.

I dunno. Form always has to follow function. You can bend that rule a little, but go to far and it will bite you in the ass every single time.

It's basically being marketed as a giant iPod though, right? Like a more convenient to use iPod touch? I guess we'll see in a few hours.
    Something like that. Supposedly persistent 3G internet, $800 on contract or $1000 otherwise. But why spend $800 then $40 a month or whatever for internet for it, when you already have your $300 phone you're paying a monthly web fee for too? It's like they're targeting the segment of the market that either doesn't have a phone with web access or doesn't want to spend $300 for a netbook and a 3G modem.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bama wrote: »

In just the little bit that I played last night I saw/heard so many references to shit I did in ME1 that I can't imagine not importing a ME1 character.

However, ME2 is so fucking good that everyone needs to be playing it right the fuck now.

Bama, did it count those shitty sidequest planets as well? Or only refer to the actual stuff that you did during the game?

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh hey they finally released it. It's a day late but whatever I'mma play this bitch right fucking now.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It took me like two fucking hours to realize that Miranda is ChuckChick

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    our school has gotten the cool "giant tablet"-whiteboards

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Daxon wrote: »

Bama, did it count those shitty sidequest planets as well? Or only refer to the actual stuff that you did during the game?
    Trying to remember... I know one thing was from an optional quest that starts on the citadel but involves going to a couple of nondescript planets. The other one was from a minor mission early in the main ME1 story. I think some of the radio references were side quests too.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Daxon wrote: »

Trying to remember... I know one thing was from an optional quest that starts on the citadel but involves going to a couple of nondescript planets. The other one was from a minor mission early in the main ME1 story. I think some of the radio references were side quests too.

I'm pretty sure I did every single goddamn assignment in my last playthrough of ME

so this should be interesting.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man

I kind of want ME2 on PC because well it just seems like Tycho is so excited about it.

But none of the saves on that site he linked are you know me it is weird that I have such a silly emotional connection but like I don't know I totally do. I think it is because I played the whole thing in front of friends at my apartment, them all cringing every time Renegade Shep was mean to a guy. If you could give me a save with a guarantee that the dude was so unnecessarily mean his friends lost respect for him then I could handle it.

wow that site is pretty cool.

I might end up using a few of those profiles after i do my 'cannon' run with ME2

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh, also some interesting news from my parents: they were going through the storage space in my grandfather's old home (He just died a few months ago). The guy was over ninety when he finally kicked the bucket, but has been gone for ten years or so if you know what I mean, so a lot of the stuff that was in there, he didn't even realize he had.

Amongst plenty of other cool shit that they found in that time capsule, including trophies from both World Wars, an old Lee-Enfield rifle, and a Webley revolver, they found a true relic: the hat that his father, my great-grandfather, wore in the Irish Civil War. Holy shit.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Unfortunately that color isn't in my box of Crayolas, but maybe one day.

That aside, I wonder what happens now.

I think the people that actually did the waterboarding are going to have this statement:

"Nah, never mind his shit. We waterboarded him into saying that, thus proving it's effectiveness!"

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Drez wrote: »

I don't... I don't know what to think. Is it funny? Is it dumb? I don't know!

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    okay yeah.

i played mass effect 2 from 6 PM until 2 AM last night

i have purchased a space hamster.

all is right with the world.

I have to say I'm extremely pleased with the direction they're taking the gameplay

general questions, minor gameplay spoilers
    I basically just started

so is it worthwhile sinking all your money into fuel and probes to get minerals or is it pretty much just a stupid sink?

also: is managing your teammates trust and loyalty more complicated like they seem to be making it out to be, or is it still pretty much 'talk to the person a lot'?

on an unrelated note, I enjoy how space fighter combat (via the codex[same entry also available in ME1]) appears to take a page straight from zapp brannigan

"Line up and fly directly at the enemy death cannons, clogging them with wreckage!"

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jesus fucking christ

ME2 was 80% unlocked when the army decided to turn my internet off for a second.

Now it won't launch at all.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Res wrote: »
    Jesus fucking christ

ME2 was 80% unlocked when the army decided to turn my internet off for a second.

It's a conspiracy. They know they'll never get you do anything if you get sucked into ME2.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    [img]http: //9.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvmxzdXScu1qzxot2o1_400.jpg[/img]

I showed this to a co-worker who loves Pulp Fiction and (apparently) didn't know what Guess Who was.

What the hell is the matter with him?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Jesus fucking christ

It's a conspiracy. They know they'll never get you do anything if you get sucked into ME2.

I'm only going to play for a couple of hours. I have to get up at four in the morning to ruck ten miles in the snow.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jesus fucking christ

restart steam?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

I showed this to a co-worker who loves Pulp Fiction and (apparently) didn't know what Guess Who was.

Too many to discuss. Stay away.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I hope this gets the same media attention as his claim that waterboarding worked does.

Dman on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

Too many to discuss. Stay away.

But he is right there...

what do I do?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    All right it's running

bye guys

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PETA annoys me.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    PETA annoys me.

Add some hummus

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    PETA annoys me.

I'm a vegetarian, so I bet they annoy me more than they annoy you.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PETA annoys me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100127/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_peta_punxsutawney_phil

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Dman wrote: »

I hope this gets the same media attention as his claim that waterboarding worked does.

pfffffaaaahahahahahahaaaaa

ahhhhhh

america

Rust on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    PETA annoys me.

PETA annoy everybody.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    PETA annoys me.

I'm a meat-eating fur-coat wearing combination pig/cow/fly farmer.

They annoy me more than they annoy you.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Yeah, considering nearly every Apple crazy new announcement has not only exceeded people's expectations, but created an industry standard where previously none existed, I'm gonna go ahead and say you're wrong.

People said the iPhone wouldn't sell. That it was too expensive, didn't have enough to woo the Blackberry users and was too costly for casual users. They were dead wrong.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    PETA annoys me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100127/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_peta_punxsutawney_phil

William Deeley basically just pimp slapped PETA.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    PETA annoys me.

I'm a meat-eating fur-coat wearing combination pig/cow/fly farmer.

They annoy me more than they annoy you.

Acronyms killed my mother and raped my father. It is I who am the most annoyed.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Yeah, considering nearly every Apple crazy new announcement has not only exceeded people's expectations, but created an industry standard where previously none existed, I'm gonna go ahead and say you're wrong.

People said the iPhone wouldn't sell. That it was too expensive, didn't have enough to woo the Blackberry users and was too costly for casual users. They were dead wrong.

The key point now is that we don't know what they are announcing. The rumours are just that rumours, and they all seem a bit silly. A novelty sized iPhone is a terrible idea. A novelty sized iPhone without an eink screen that they are trying to market as an ebook reader is an even worse one.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Im imagining that chat is so slow because its only the people who don't have mass effect or can't play it because they're at work.....

Dunadan019 on
This discussion has been closed.