As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Network Issues

DrswordsDrswords Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
698046177.png

This is my current speed.

I have an 8mb down, 1.5 up line. Right now my upload speed is faster than my download.

I have reset my modem and router, no change. Im currently trying to download the Warhammer Online Free Trial client ( just the installer ) and its going at 12kbps.

I have suddenlink internet.

Am i being throttled?

Or is this probably some other problem?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Drswords on

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Could be a huge plethora of things. But those speeds look like they've been throttled.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DrswordsDrswords Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Could be a huge plethora of things. But those speeds look like they've been throttled.

Does anyone know suddenlinks policy on throttling?

Ive heard of them doing it, but have never experienced it before.

Im quite concerned, cause i eat up a huge amount of bandwidth every month, and if they are going to start throttling me, im going to have a lot of troubles.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Was this just today? Suddenlink had two big fiber cuts in West Texas today that could have affected your speed.

Tomanta on
  • DrswordsDrswords Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Was this just today? Suddenlink had two big fiber cuts in West Texas today that could have affected your speed.

Oh. yea.. just today.

Jeez. Thank you for telling me this. I was like... wtf is wrong with my connection?

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]