As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hilo Pokemón! En Espanglish! Aur gims will better than SE++

RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Games and Technology
Camui wrote: »
Silueta of the niw pokemon its confirmed:
1265808006392.jpg

Welcome to Pokémon tread! Here we are share opinion, the trads and battling with Pokémon.
497.jpg

If you don't what Pokémones are, the this thread is not for the you! Bt, we help you can understand what they is.
1249436194412.jpg

If you don't care about Pokémon, then GTFO.

Pokémon short for ポケットモンスター or Pocket Monsters. They are creatures that are each one based on an element and are able to attack with moves from those elements. You use your own creatures to capture more and more species you find in the wild. There are 493 of them, and each one has a varying degree of usability in battle.

Tiers, much like in fighting games, will give you an idea of which of them will make it more likely to win a match, but won't necessarily guarantee your victory. For the most up-to-date tier list and probably the most reliable and most used, please refer to Smogon, which also offers examples of movesets and EV spreads that will give you an idea of what to do with yours.
GSC_Gold.png

If you want to be a trainer, and don't even know which version to buy, you can either get Diamond or Pearl for your battling needs, although there is a third version, Platinum (which is out now) and you might want to grab that one instead, as it features several options not available in Diamond or Pearl. There are also two other versions coming, Heart Gold and Soul Silver which are remakes of the game that came out exactly ten years ago in Japan.

[/quote]

What you need to start battling:

- First of all, finish the main game first. Trying to understand and manipulate EVs and IVs before that will be a pain.
- Once you've beaten the Elite Four, the real fun* begins. First, give Individual Values or IVs a read. You will also want to know everything about breeding and Effort Values or Evs. Natures Natures should also be read.
- Now that you know some things about EVs, you can either grind at the Battle Tower for the points needed to buy the Power Items or borrow them from someone who is used to play here at G&T. These items will make EV training much easier.
- If you aren't sure what to do with your Pokés, check out Smogon for some tips that will help you choose an appropriate EV spread and moveset for your Mons.
- Check out Psypoke's EV training spots.
- Also, check out what's inside the spoiler for a better way to breed eggs (doesn't work in Platinum):

- You might want to check Chen's list of what you should consider adding to your team:

01 Rapid Spin/Magne[strike]ton[/strike]zone
02 Rock resist
[strike]03 Roar/Whirlwind[/strike]
[strike]04 Mixpert counter[/strike]
05 Gengar counter
06 Special Tank
07 Physical Tank
[strike]08 Recover Zam counter[/strike]
[strike]09 Grass Type[/strike]
10 Toxic taker
11 Will-o-Wisp taker
12 Paralysis taker
13 Sleep taker
14 Fighting resistance
15 Tyranitar counter
[strike]16 Reversal counter[/strike]
[strike]17 Sludge Bomb Tentacruel counter[/strike]
18 Water type
[strike]19 Taunt Umbreon counter[/strike]
[strike]20 Jirachi Counter[/strike]
21 Celebi Counter
22 Normal resistance (Explosion)
[strike]23 Curselax counter[/strike]
24 Gyarados+[strike]Magneton[/strike]Electivire counter
25 Salamence counter (usually Ice Beam)
26 Ghost to block Rapid Spin (only if you're using Spikes)
27 Stealth Rock user
28 Draco Meteor taker
29 Outrage taker
30 Fire resistance (Heatran, Infernape)
31 Steel resistance
32 Priority user
33 Revenge killer (usually scarfed or priority user)
34 Trick taker

- And more importantly: Have fun! It doesn't matter if you win or lose. You must have learned something from experience, and if your newest creation wasn't as good as thought it'd be and you want to keep it boxed, don't feel discouraged. We all have trained some Pokémon that we'll never use again because it sounded better on paper than it performed in practice.

General battling rules
- Pokémon battles through Wi-fi automatically level your Pokémon to either levels 50 or 100. So you don't have to train them to level 100 yourself, saving a lot of time. In fact, it will be better if you don't level them up all the way to level 100 since you at that stage you won't be able to edit your Pokés' EVs.
-Sleep Clause: you may not put more than one of your opponent's Pokémon to sleep at a time.
-Species Clause: your team must be comprised of six different species of Pokémon.
-Suicide Clause: If both players are down to their last Pokémon, the player with the first Pokémon to hit 0 HP is the loser. In other words, using moves like Self Destruct and Explosion cause you to lose, even if it kills your opponent. However, using a move with a recoil that kill both you and your opponent is a win for you.
-No Legendary Pokémon whatsoever. This includes Wobbuffet and Garchomp.

Warnings

- Do NOT buy Pokémon Battle Revolution unless you hate yourself.
- If you use U-Turn with a Choice Banded Pokémon, and your next Pokémon also has U-Turn, it will be locked to U-Turn as well. It seems this was a glitch in DP ans was fixed in Platinum. Thanks to Ashton Dragon for the first bit of information and to InvisibleInk for the second bit.
- If your opponent Yawns you and you have a Chesto Berry, you might not want to use Rest, because at the end of that turn you will have woken up with the Chesto Berry after Resting, then you'll fall asleep again because of the Yawn.
- Don't take a bath with your Tentacool.
- Beware: The game is very addictive once you join the community. Make your time.
1235792844240.gif

Sites of interest

Marriland's team builder. It will let you know how many weaknesses your team has so you can take meassures before battling.
Metalkid's IV Calculator.
Get more Box Wallpapers for DP
Get more Box Wallpapers for Platinum

Use down post for to Friend Codes of the people who post active in the tread and codes battles you can watch at Platinum's GTS.

RockinX on

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Active Battlers' Friend Codes:
    RockinX (Diamond): 0301-6425-9658 -- (SoulSilver): 0818-3361-8123
    Kay (Diamond): 2277-9321-5433 -- (Platinum): 4253-9422-6181
    InvisibleInk (Diamond): 1890-7641-5153 -- (Platinum): 1419 2587 1159
    Kuribo's Shoe: 4726-3831-9680
    Chen: 1633-1499-9731
    Emerlmaster999 (Platinum): 1762-8554-8209
    Arikado: 0645-5958-6383
    Aggril (Pearl): 1418-3381-0393
    troublebrewing: 3824-4455-1138
    SirToasty (Diamond): 0645-2240-5346 -- (Platinum): 2836-5993-1590
    krylon666 (Plat): 5198-8471-4100
    Jugs (Platinum): 2965-4488-5135
    Eveelution (Diamond): 1934-5192-0708 -- (Platinum): 2707-7660-6352
    Rami: 1505-1815-6853
    Zerokku: 3008-4195-7069
    WIckedkarma: 2922 6385 6459
    Nerdgasmic: 1333 0236 8007
    Professor Hydron: 4382-9013-9323
    Kabuki64: 0516 4736 9808

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lame, but it's something different and it has less chances of getting the thread closed than a Pikachu-translated thread.

RockinX on
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So um. Do any of you guys lend out breeders? My good ditto was borrowed and never returned.
    Pick one (or more) from this list and I can clone it for you:
    LONELY (+ATK -DEF) 31/31/22/31/31/31 - seed  D090422
      BRAVE (+ATK -SPE) 31/30/29/31/30/ 0 - seed EC070807
    ADAMANT (+ATK -SPA) 31/31/31/24/31/31 - seed 651402EF
    NAUGHTY (+ATK -SPD) 31/31/31/31/27/31 - seed 2C170286
       BOLD (+DEF -ATK) 31/17/31/31/31/31 - seed A2160E5E
    RELAXED (+DEF -SPE) 31/31/30/31/30/ 0 - seed B70107A1
     IMPISH (+DEF -SPA) 31/31/31/25/31/31 - seed 4A070685
        LAX (+DEF -SPD) 31/31/31/31/20/31 - seed 61090422
      TIMID (+SPE -ATK) 31/31/31/31/31/31 - seed D2140289 
      HASTY (+SPE -DEF) 31/31/19/31/31/31 - seed 30060381
      JOLLY (+SPE -SPA) 31/31/31/24/31/31 - seed 9809068E
      NAIVE (+SPE -SPD) 31/31/31/31/11/31 - seed 520F0769
     MODEST (+SPA -ATK) 31/31/31/31/31/31 - seed 7B100958
       MILD (+SPA -DEF) 31/31/16/31/31/31 - seed 80110EAC
      QUIET (+SPA -SPE) 31/30/31/31/31/ 0 - seed 46010CD4
       RASH (+SPA -SPD) 31/31/31/31/28/31 - seed  3120E09
       CALM (+SPD -ATK) 31/31/31/31/31/31 - seed 8A01082E
     GENTLE (+SPD -DEF) 31/31/25/31/31/31 - seed D3010F9C
      SASSY (+SPD -SPE) 30/30/31/31/30/ 0 - seed 690B0811
    CAREFUL (+SPD -SPA) 31/31/31/13/31/31 - seed CE1008F9

Just let me know when you'd be around to trade.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So many 3s!

I've tried for days and I just cant get my Nintendo USB dongle to work with my new router. I miss IV checking :x
    Does HGSS have local level 100 battles?

Adellios on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hm. I just realized that Zapdos, Rotom, Lanturn, and the Magnemite line are the only Electric types with 2 types.

Kind of odd that there's so little variation in that type.

Enlong on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hm. I just realized that Zapdos, Rotom, Lanturn, and the Magnemite line are the only Electric types with 2 types.

Don't forget Chinchou.

edit: Oh, you didn't. My bad.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There's lots of types that don't have many combinations.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »

Don't forget Chinchou.

edit: Oh, you didn't. My bad.

Almost did, to tell the truth.

Enlong on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, now I feel less stupid.

So, can anybody with the G/S remakes tell me if Whitney is still impossibly hard?

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, now I feel less stupid.

So, can anybody with the G/S remakes tell me if Whitney is still impossibly hard?

I've heard from TvTropes about Miltank flinchaxing teams with Stomp and murdering Gastleys with Normal-type moves, thanks to Scrappy. That's secondhand, though.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've heard from TvTropes about Miltank flinchaxing teams with Stomp and murdering Gastleys with Normal-type moves, thanks to Scrappy. That's secondhand, though.
    Gah, as if that cow needed to be any stronger. Oh well, it wouldn't be a good remake if I wasn't getting murdered by her. And Bugsy.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I hope there is some way to get our platinum pokemon into HGSS so I don't have to use the lame gen 2 starters.

Jars on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    I hope there is some way to get our platinum pokemon into HGSS so I don't have to use the lame gen 2 starters.
    But those were the best starters!

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That is bullshit. Just get Croconaw with Rage, abuse that, and you've got some grilled meat there, even if Croconaw is male.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    But those were the best starters!

Like the hedgehog thing with the exploding neck!

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I third the notion that the second gen had the best starters, but my favorite is Totodile.

RockinX on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone want to battle?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Like the hedgehog thing with the exploding neck!
    Or the crocodile with the huge mouth! Or...whatever Chikorita was supposed to be. A dinosaur or something?

BugBoy on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I might as well put this here.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/agraphlog-asamegraph/temp/pokehyaku.html

Pokemon drawn in the style of ancient Japanese scroll artwork.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'll PM you in a bit sixfortyfive. I've still got to finish the game. I'm approaching my second gym leader.

I swear to god you guys. I had a togekiss that was 31 26 31 31 31 31. And I lost it.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    2nd-gen starters were the worst by a mile. Seriously, they're not even in the same league as the others.

Sixfortyfive on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    2nd-gen starters were the worst by a mile. Seriously, they're not even in the same league as the others.
    The latter statement is correct. The former, less so.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    I might as well put this here.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/agraphlog-asamegraph/temp/pokehyaku.html

Pokemon drawn in the style of ancient Japanese scroll artwork.

Ah, that one from the previous thread.

...There's something seriously wrong when Hypno looks less creepy than Chansey. To say nothing of Blissey.

And, as said before, Cloyster looks like the Gate of Truth, Gengar's face is flowing, etc.

It's all very awesome, but very creepy.

Enlong on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Victreebel is melting!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited January 2010

The only OU starters are Swampert, Empoleon and Infernape. Feraligatr, Sceptile, Blastoise, Venusaur and Torterra are all UU, while the rest are NU. It's not exactly the worst.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I will say this once every few months. I need to get back into this but don't feel like doing all that much training. I might just give in and not bother to do the whole EV/IV stuff. I just wanna play with my Pokeymans.

Although, I did train an Aimbepom (or however you spell it) a long time ago and was happy when he was fully trained. Hmmm.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Design-wise, I mean.

All monotypes? Lame! And their evolutions are hardly evolutions. Charizard gets wings. Torterra gets a bonsai tree. Blastoise gets water cannons. The 2nd gen crew? They're all just the same thing they were before, only bigger!

Sixfortyfive on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey 645, feel like hooking me up with some mega-awesome Dittos?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I play without bothering about the whole EV thing, and I never get bored. Do what feels right!

As for the second gen starters, I personally love their design. They may only become bigger, but those guys brought me through my whole childhood! It's probably just nostalgia, but those are my favorite pokemon of all.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Hey 645, feel like hooking me up with some mega-awesome Dittos?
    Give me a list of up to 6 natures and I'll be online in a minute.

Sixfortyfive on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Adamant
    Modest
    Jolly
    Timid

If it's not too much trouble. Anything you need to see on your Pokedex? I don't have many event legendaries but I've got all the 3rd gen legends except Latias and Kyogre.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    4 different species of common vendor trash will do. All I care about is lottery IDs at this point.

Also I think I need your FC again.

Sixfortyfive on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I play without bothering about the whole EV thing, and I never get bored. Do what feels right!

Do you play any of the guys on here?

I definitely want to play you guys and I also want to jump on to the Wii game and battle some randoms.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    3437 0107 2915

I'll be on in a minute.

EDIT: Also, you're getting a Feebas just in case. I saw one in my box and thought to myself "There's a Pokemon that is a pain in the butt to get."

Terrendos on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Design-wise, I mean.

All monotypes? Lame! And their evolutions are hardly evolutions. Charizard gets wings. Torterra gets a bonsai tree. Blastoise gets water cannons. The 2nd gen crew? They're all just the same thing they were before, only bigger!

Hey! Totodile gets belly spots when he evolves!

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Do you play any of the guys on here?

I definitely want to play you guys and I also want to jump on to the Wii game and battle some randoms.
    No, partly because I just joined and partly because I would get kicked into next week. If you want to play competitively, then you probably do need to go for the whole deal. For Battle Revolution, you're probably going up against teams of legendaries anyway, so it doesn't matter!

BugBoy on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Adamant, Bold, Calm, Relaxed, Impish, Jolly would be awesome!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Also, you're getting a Feebas just in case. I saw one in my box and thought to myself "There's a Pokemon that is a pain in the butt to get."
    I got one on my very first attempt in that lake. Couldn't believe it, either.

I'll be on in a minute Chen.

Sixfortyfive on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Curses. Oh well, thanks for the Dittos. I really just need to introduce some 31s into my breeding stock.

When HGSS comes out, I'm going to have a whole set of 6 SuperPokemon for my team. Prenamed, packing their evolution items, and loaded up with fancy egg moves, their extra fast leveling will make the game a breeze with hopefully a minimum of grinding.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Err, wait till I find my displaced game. Will be on in a few minutes.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png