As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dwarf cancels mine: Interrupted by Bandwagon (Dwarf Victory)

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ppppssshhh

Only way you wouldnt make it through the night, Jack, son of Bauer, Clan of Israeli Hammer is if I'm really a goblin. Or if Roman is a goblin.

Or if the Elephants think you're a goblin.

I know, almost for certain, that there is no way the goblins will let me live tonight. I know that there was an attempt on my life last night, but they were thwarted, distracted. I fear that tonight I will not be so fortunate.

lonelyahava on
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    . I know that there was an attempt on my life last night, but they were thwarted, distracted. I fear that tonight I will not be so fortunate.

...If this is true, why are you just saying this now?

jackisreal on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Posting from my phone, apologies.

I like the theory that the gobs may have been trying to fix the election by killing people. From the narration, we dint get any notice that ahava was guarded, but mafia usually get two kills, right? Or at least the option? It seems odd to me that there was only one last night. Given that jdarksun was in the lead until a few hours before close, I think it's likely they were aiming specifically at candidates.

To what end, I don't know; getting a leader in is possible. If Ahava was guarded, the guard would probably contact her. Also, who was number three?

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Why would I have said it last night?

And let them know then that I knew?

Actually, I just found out about it.

lonelyahava on
    edited February 2010
    Why would I have said it last night?

And let them know then that I knew?

Actually, I just found out about it.

Am I really the only one who finds this kind of thing very, very sketchy?

Also, I guess I'll take the chance and run for Sheriff--Jackisreal

There are probably many other dwarves who are more vital to this fortress than I. Let come what may!

jackisreal on
    edited February 2010
    Nope!!!

I'm actually a little sketchy on it too, jack.

But, for the moment, I'm going to go with the whole, "I got guarded" thing.

But I only just got contacted by the person who said they guarded me.

And hell no I'm not gonna make that public.

I know that I'm most likely dead tonight, I'm not gonna give up a potential ally.

lonelyahava on
  • WhiteWolfWhiteWolf Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This is phalla. Everything is sketchy. Even me explaining that everything in phalla is sketchy, is sketchy.

WhiteWolf on
    edited February 2010
    Nope!!!

I'm actually a little sketchy on it too, jack.

But, for the moment, I'm going to go with the whole, "I got guarded" thing.

But I only just got contacted by the person who said they guarded me.

And hell no I'm not gonna make that public.

I know that I'm most likely dead tonight, I'm not gonna give up a potential ally.

If you're in contact with a guard who trusts you, why would you die? It doesn't add up.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow,but at some point, Ahava is probably going to have to be voted for execution, for two reasons--

-A leader who isn't killed by goblins may well be a goblin herself
    -Simply because she's been voted for, and supported/questioned often, her death one way or another will provide the fortress with much information.

jackisreal on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I agree jack, and as such I invoke my right to change...

jackisreal
    will be our savior

REG Rysk on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's still possible for her to die if stacked kills pierce the guard.

But I agree on the sketchiness of what's been said.

On that note, I nominate garroad_ran for sheriff. If elected sheriff, I promise to hold a public vote to determine who shall be sent to jail each evening, thereby giving more power to the village and making my alignment fairly transparent.

garroad_ran on
  • SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    In drunkenness I trust. Jackisreal for sheriff!

Saphier on
  • IAmSquishyIAmSquishy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Reserve Up!

IAmSquishy on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so let me get this straight....

Its revealed that there was an attempt on ahava's life last night which failed.

there was also a kill on Jdark.

if both had died, Lawinator would have been in charge.

Jackisreal publicly and very strongly supports Lawinator for sherrif today WITH ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO DO SO.....

and suddenly gains alot of support himself.....

nothing fishy about that at all! it sounds like the absolute best idea I have ever heard.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    so let me get this straight....

Its revealed that there was an attempt on ahava's life last night which failed.

there was also a kill on Jdark.

if both had died, Lawinator would have been in charge.

Jackisreal publicly and very strongly supports Lawinator for sherrif today WITH ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO DO SO.....

and suddenly gains alot of support himself.....

nothing fishy about that at all! it sounds like the absolute best idea I have ever heard.

Okay, seriously?

When you say "it was revealed" you're referring to a shady claim that Ahava made after she'd been called into question and still has yet to explain, somehow thinking that she's going to die tonight.

And by "strongly supports Lawinator for sheriff" you must mean is not actually supporting him for sheriff anymore and only did to begin with because he had the most votes.

jackisreal on
    edited February 2010
    yes seriously, you're sketchy as fuck.

you can try to shade your insistant posting over and over about Law being elected as innocent 'oh it was opportunistic because he had 2 votes!!!!!!!' but that means jack all and doesn't hold up to even casual inspection.

you can also try to throw doubt on the blocked kill if you like... but the game mechanics for a 30 person game that doesn't take 2 weeks CALLS FOR A MAFIA WITH 2 KILLS.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010
    yes seriously, you're sketchy as fuck.

you can try to shade your insistant posting over and over about Law being elected as innocent 'oh it was opportunistic because he had 2 votes!!!!!!!' but that means jack all and doesn't hold up to even casual inspection.

you can also try to throw doubt on the blocked kill if you like... but the game mechanics for a 30 person game that doesn't take 2 weeks CALLS FOR A MAFIA WITH 2 KILLS.

Law was simply the most popular vote that wasn't Ahava, based on the game so far. I didn't want to put myself forward because I didn't want my argument to be seen as a power grab.

And I'm not doubting the possibility that a kill was blocked, simply the nature of how and when Ahava claimed that she was guarded. It's not like a guard is the only reason a kill might not happen.

jackisreal on
    edited February 2010
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Law was simply the most popular vote that wasn't Ahava, based on the game so far. I didn't want to put myself forward because I didn't want my argument to be seen as a power grab.

That's a very convenient excuse and I do not buy it at all. In any game of phalla on day 2, you will only be able to guaruntee the alignment of 1 person, yourself (unless you're a seer or a mafia). there was absolutely no reason to push Lawinator in over yourself unless you knew his alignment. If Law ever did turn out to be evil, you would be soundly killed the very next day.
    And I'm not doubting the possibility that a kill was blocked, simply the nature of how and when Ahava claimed that she was guarded. It's not like a guard is the only reason a kill might not happen.

name another way. go ahead.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010
    there are other ways, Dunadan, son of Dunamike.

Roleblocks.

Like the 6 that have been handed down from me tonight to others.

lonelyahava on
    edited February 2010

Roleblocks.

roleblocks don't block mafia group kills 99.99999% of the time.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010

Roleblocks.

Bus drivers? Maybe someone is a soldier, generally immune to goblin kills? Maybe someone can survive a single assassination attempt? A kill that simply wasn't sent in due to incompetence? Saying that a guard block is the only way is pretty narrow minded.

Hell, maybe the goblins even have other actions they can opt for instead of direct kills.

Also, from what I've seen of the game mechanics, it seems highly likely that you can only take one action a night--and a kill is likely an action. Being forced to brew or find food likely does stop a kill, if they choose to gather food.

jackisreal on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, this is starting to look sorta fishy to me. Only 3 deaths a night, with an imprisonment only coming into play on night 3? That would take about a week to end assuming we didn't off the goblins or elephant early on.

Also, I think we need some clarification on the food gathering and whatnot. Were the people who were ordered to get food roleblocked last night or will they be tonight?

Savant on
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    No one gathered food on day 1; the settlement survived on the food and drink that arrived on the wagons. From day 2 onwards, 6 players will be listed in the narration; Any dwarves will be unable to act that day, any goblins have until vote close to decide if they wish to participate or instead use their time for more nefarious deeds.

Bremen on
    edited February 2010
    in other words

read the op

lonelyahava on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The way i see it, there are two options. Ahava actually was guarded last night, and attacked along with Jdarksun, so that the vote would trickle down to the third place candidate (Law right?). This would mean they get two kills, instead of one, not unlikely.

OR

Ahava is lying, and she is evil. I'm a fan of this one as it doesn't require a guard to be in place, and used on Ahava.

Thus i am announcing my new Campaign Strategy. I call it "Ahava is evil(tm)". I make to you, the people, my first real promiss, that if you elect me to be your sheriff today,

I will imprison Ahava, son of no one because she's an evil goblin, at the first available opportunity.

Some of you might be wondering if this is all a game, why would she support me if i was just going to imprison her? I urge you to look closely at Ahava's playing style and then make your own judgement.

P.S. Lawinator, and those that voted for him are very suspicious as it looked like another attempted fix of the election to him. So, while i'd like to be elected, i would much rather someone other than him or his "cronies" get the vote.

romanqwerty on
  • immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !jackisreal
    !romanqwertyl

'til I get da chance to bust sum freakin' 'eads, I'mma gunna bea over herea workin' on me crosswerds.

Lemme know if usa seea that durnt elephant tho. Thems be good eatin'!

immortal squish on
    <3
    edited February 2010
    I must say, I'm not liking either major choice for sheriff tonight. There's too much that's hinky about jackisreal, and his explanations for there being 1 goblin kill last night don't make much sense to me mechanics wise given the Dwarf Fortress setting.

roman is also acting sort of funny trying to distance himself from ahava. Imprisoning the expedition leader seems pretty dumb to me, because that means that we're going to probably have random assignments for gathering from there on out unless someone decides to unlock her. In which case the imprisonment would have been wasted.

Savant on
    edited February 2010
    Imprisoning Ahava would be pointless. We either leave her be, or kill her.

jackisreal on
    edited February 2010

Roleblocks.

Bus drivers? Maybe someone is a soldier, generally immune to goblin kills? Maybe someone can survive a single assassination attempt? A kill that simply wasn't sent in due to incompetence? Saying that a guard block is the only way is pretty narrow minded.

Hell, maybe the goblins even have other actions they can opt for instead of direct kills.

Also, from what I've seen of the game mechanics, it seems highly likely that you can only take one action a night--and a kill is likely an action. Being forced to brew or find food likely does stop a kill, if they choose to gather food.

you're grasping at straws.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010

who is this we? cause you sure as hell don't speak for the village.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010

who is this we? cause you sure as hell don't speak for the village.

All I'm trying to say is that if I'm elected sheriff, which it looks like I might be, I'm not going to imprison her.

jackisreal on
    edited February 2010
    I'm going to vote for Savant for sheriff at the moment, because I'm the only one I know I can trust for certain at this point.

Savant on
    edited February 2010

Roleblocks.

you're grasping at straws.

So, the likelihood of goblin actions being disrupted in the same way as dwarven actions or the goblins having a bad player seems very small to you, and yet Ahava desperately claiming to have been guarded seems A-OK?

jackisreal on
    edited February 2010
    that was desperate?

Really?

I got the information, I shared it.

Uggh

You're staring to really bother me, Jack.

lonelyahava on
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So wait, does Ahava (or the current expedition leader later down the line) decide/put in the order for who gathers food/brews stuff up?

Also, vote typhus for sheriff cause I'm not someone else and am totally awesome. My platform is justice for the little man, gaudy excess for the bourgeoisie, and kickin rad mugs for everyone! I'm also offering free shirts for everyone that votes for me. They menace with spikes of turtle shell.

Typhus733 on
    edited February 2010
    So, the likelihood of goblin actions being disrupted in the same way as dwarven actions or the goblins having a bad player seems very small to you, and yet Ahava desperately claiming to have been guarded seems A-OK?

desperately claiming?

how so? how was it desperate?

are you really going to keep using these false descriptors to try and sway people? its getting old.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010
    in fact:

Jackisreal, you are either a distraction or evil. neither is worth keeping around.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    So wait, does Ahava (or the current expedition leader later down the line) decide/put in the order for who gathers food/brews stuff up?

I can.

If I decide to do that and not do my own personal ability.

If I choose to do my own ability, then the 6 are RNGd.

lonelyahava on
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ah alright

Typhus733 on
    edited February 2010
    in fact:

Jackisreal, you are either a distraction or evil. neither is worth keeping around.

Surprise surprise.

Look, I'm not trying to antagonize anybody. But look at the way Ahava's guard story came to be. I said we shouldn't elect her hand-picked sheriff, which apparently made her a bit defensive. Then, as a response to my statement that I don't think I'm going to live the night, she off-handedly mentioned that she knew she was guarded the night before, with no further explanation, not even thinking of it as a big deal. When I asked her why she didn't mention it before, the response 'I just found out about it now' is pretty suspect. 'Well it just happened' is one of those responses that sets off a red flag in my mind--maybe I'm just weird that way I guess, but it really seems like an overly-defensive excuse.

And getting guarded and claiming 'i'm dead tonight' is pretty strange, too.

I'm not trying to bring anyone down here as a person or anything, I'm just trying to note what I see as suspicious. If none of you want to pay attention to it, then don't.

The fact that you've responded so violently duna, tells me that you're either very evil or very good, and I'm not sure what to make of it. Vote for me if you want, but god damn man, just chill.

jackisreal on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well, i was under the opinion that she could still pick who goes to gather stuff while imprisoned, just couldn't take an action herself. Bremen can you clarify this?

Jack, you and Law both are dodgy. The likelihood of the no second kill being a fuckup on their part is small. I mean, just one of them would have had to have been around to send the two names in. It's more likely that they have a range of abilities that they can choose from, and they chose to do something else other than kill last night.

Edit: I agree with you about some of that. Think about it, if we we're both evil and knew it, i sure as hell wouldn't be promising to imprison her. The i just found out about it now isn't overly fishy, as she would have only found out about it via PM, and she has no guarantee its legit right?

Take nothing of duna's violence, its just how he rolls. Glad to not be on the the receiving end this time. Right duna? Right?

romanqwerty on