As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [chat] that launched a thousand ships

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Gragh.

People who are bad liars should not attempt insurance fraud.

but if you're a good liar you should give it a go?

If you're a good liar you won't inconvenience me by spending forty minutes on the phone changing your story every time I ask a question and failing to provide any version of events that ties up with the versions of events provided by your co-conspirators. Given that there are only a limited number of ways a car can be recovered, stored, moved to a repairer, and repaired you'd think he'd have hit upon one of them through sheer dumb luck.

japan on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    wait, so if you weren't talking about the Playstation Portable, I assume you also weren't talking about the actual World Cup.

Bama on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gragh.

If you're a good liar you won't inconvenience me by spending forty minutes on the phone changing your story every time I ask a question and failing to provide any version of events that ties up with the versions of events provided by your co-conspirators. Given that there are only a limited number of ways a car can be recovered, stored, moved to a repairer, and repaired you'd think he'd have hit upon one of them through sheer dumb luck.

Man you'll feel bad when the big reveal comes and it was an inside job the whole time and the people you thought who were lying to you were telling the truth.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gragh.

I'm not even going to joke about this because knowing insurance companies it would come up if I ever had to make a claim.

I agree

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    if you didn't think he meant a playstation portable and the world cup, you're as crazy as he is!

about paintball.

and wiener.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd still have done Helen of Troy.

Internet standards, jeez.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I told my mom how much I pay for car insurance now and she yelled at me...

because I have everything she has, a 500 dollar deductable collision, 100 dollar collateral as well as a new car thats worth 10-20 times more than her car is..... and I only pay 40 dollars more a month.

Dunadan019 on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Doc wrote: »
    San Fransisco police chief: “I get pounded regularly on both sides.”
    http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/under-the-dome/Gascon-reviewing-Critical-Mass-policies-83168002.html

I kinda wanna beat Critical Mass riders to death.

With skateboards.

God, fuck Critical Mass.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    well once she became Helen Of Troy as opposed to just that Helen chick from the city we live in, yeah I'd do her just for the story.

and for the guaranteed death

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited February 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/under-the-dome/Gascon-reviewing-Critical-Mass-policies-83168002.html

With skateboards.

God, fuck Critical Mass.

We already saw your choice in ladies earlier feral, we know what you think of critical mass.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Gragh.

Man you'll feel bad when the big reveal comes and it was an inside job the whole time and the people you thought who were lying to you were telling the truth.

As far as I'm able to tell they're all lying. The bodyshop and the recovery company don't actually exist. Their addresses are domestic homes; they have no landline phone numbers, only mobiles; there is no entry for them at companies house; and best of all, if one of them phones us, we can have a conversation, hang up, wait ten minutes, call them back on the number they just gave us, speak to the same person, ask "Is that [bodyshop]?" and they insist that you must have the wrong number and they don't know what you're talking about, until you mention that you're calling from an insurance company at which time their powers of memory are miraculously restored. I'm not even exaggerating.

japan on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Helen is super uggo.

Sarksus on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

With skateboards.

God, fuck Critical Mass.

We already saw your choice in ladies earlier feral, we know what you think of critical mass.

Heh.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

because I have everything she has, a 500 dollar deductable collision, 100 dollar collateral as well as a new car thats worth 10-20 times more than her car is..... and I only pay 40 dollars more a month.

Can you really blame her? I would have yelled and thrown heavy cookware at your head.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
    edited February 2010

Heh.

It was an easy joke, but what can I say I'm easy like sunday morning.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2010

Can you really blame her? I would have yelled and thrown heavy cookware at your head.
    Throwing a cast iron skilled is a lot like using a firearm. It's critically important that you make considerations for whatever is behind your target.

Bama on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited February 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Helen is super uggo.

helentroy.jpg

Since the painting in question was done in the late 1800s, I will say that this interpretation of Helen of Troy is just as valid as that one. In which case, I say I would totally do Helen of Troy.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gragh.

As far as I'm able to tell they're all lying. The bodyshop and the recovery company don't actually exist. Their addresses are domestic homes; they have no landline phone numbers, only mobiles; there is no entry for them at companies house; and best of all, if one of them phones us, we can have a conversation, hang up, wait ten minutes, call them back on the number they just gave us, speak to the same person, ask "Is that [bodyshop]?" and they insist that you must have the wrong number and they don't know what you're talking about, until you mention that you're calling from an insurance company at which time their powers of memory are miraculously restored. I'm not even exaggerating.

At some point, the stupidity of people is bound to stop amazing me. This is not the day it happens, apparently.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited February 2010

It might not help that I drive faster than she does too...

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Helen is super uggo.

helentroy.jpg

Since the painting in question was done in the late 1800s, I will say that this interpretation of Helen of Troy is just as valid as that one. In which case, I say I would totally do Helen of Troy.

Helen of Troy was apparently a california valley girl with minimal bust.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2010
    Maybe it's a funny angle, but that doesn't look like "minimal" bust.

Bama on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Helen is super uggo.

helentroy.jpg

looks more southern-raised transplant to the midwest with minimal bust to me

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    wait, so if you weren't talking about the Playstation Portable, I assume you also weren't talking about the actual World Cup.

I was talking about the PSP's (paintball's) World Cup.

Inquisitor on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Helen is super uggo.

helentroy.jpg

Preacher if you're saying you wouldn't sleep with Helen of Troy then you are off my list of people to whom I'd ever lend a time machine.

desc on
    edited February 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Helen is super uggo.

helentroy.jpg

Preacher if you're saying you wouldn't sleep with Helen of Troy then you are off my list of people to whom I'd ever lend a time machine.

Man if I had a time machine to bang women I'd be all up in mary magdelen or catherine the great, they had some serious chesticles.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2010

If I can't die suffocated by it, its minimal.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

and this is the meaning of life

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited February 2010
    If I had a time machine I would go back 50 years and buy stocks in disney or something.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010
    Also I love the republican party.

"You're guy fucked up the economy."

"Yeah its not like that was bushs fault or anything."

"Oh its all but bush with you whiners!"

"Why don't you guys equate hitler with Obama again thats so awesome."

"Oh like libs did with bush?"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Helen is super uggo.

helentroy.jpg

Man if I had a time machine to bang women I'd be all up in mary magdelen or catherine the great, they had some serious chesticles.

All time machine usage must be registered at your local Time Moderation Containment Office. Please fill out Form A, B and X and give reason as to why you wish to travel back in time. Or forward time is impossible according to Einstein's laws of relativity.

WMain00 on
    edited February 2010
    Helen is super uggo.

helentroy.jpg

I'd be after 18-19 year old Joan of Arc. Something about crazy, fiery-hot french girls...

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    helen of troy was pretty hideous.

AP Breaking News: Standards of beauty are largely cultural.

Yeah, the important thing is she was rich

nexuscrawler on
    edited February 2010
    If I had a time machine I would go back 50 years and buy stocks in disney or something.
    I would go back in time and be the first person to file a patent in the US. The patent would be for the time machine, of course. I would then go on to patent damn near everything that was ever invented.

Bama on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If I had a time machine I'd go back 100 years and buy a certain orange grove in central Florida.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

But what if it were a really hairy but minimal bust.

Like getting smothered with a Persian rug.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
    edited February 2010
    At some point, the stupidity of people is bound to stop amazing me. This is not the day it happens, apparently.

The storage yard scam is ridiculously easy to catch now, given that if anyone is even remotely suspicious of it it takes seconds to check google maps and street view to see if there is actually a business at the address they claim there is.

It doesn't seem to stop people trying, though.

japan on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    All those thinking of going back and banging people, just remember the difference in opinion on cleanliness. Shaving legs and bathing were not top priorities of really anyone.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2010

Look lets not get hakkes into this.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2010

I bet Catherine the Great was wild in bed, too.

Feral on

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

kakos?

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.