As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] that launched a thousand ships

1606162636466»

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    A lot of people have wanted to do this for a long time, and now Jon Lovitz has done it. It also brings up something from the past I wasn't aware of.

At L.A.'s Laugh Factory the other night, Lovitz and Andy Dick got into an argument about Phil Hartman's death and Andy Dick's drug use. Five months before Brynn Hartman shot Phil and herself to death, Dick allegedly gave her cocaine at a house party that Lovitz also attended. Brynn Hartman had been sober for ten years, and now Lovitz blames Dick giving her the cocaine as the reason why she got hooked again and killed Hartman and herself five months later.

According to witnesses, Lovitz picked Dick up several times and smashed his head and face into the bar, causing him to bleed. This isn't the first time they've had words. When Lovitz took over for Hartman on NewsRadio, he told Dick "I wouldn't be here now if you hadn't given Brynn that cocaine." And then last year Dick confronted Lovitz at a restaurant, taking drinks off the table and saying he put the "Phil Hartman hex" on him and that he was going to die next.

Yikes.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh shit that cheetah is about to get schooled to some game

Isn't that a jaguar?

Cinders on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    look

smashing a tiny man into a bar is not very impressive

and it doesn't make you funny

when suge knight held vanilla ice outside a window, that did not make him a great comedian

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh shit that cheetah is about to get schooled to some game

Yes, he's going to learn a rather painful lesson.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A lot of people have wanted to do this for a long time, and now Jon Lovitz has done it. It also brings up something from the past I wasn't aware of.

At L.A.'s Laugh Factory the other night, Lovitz and Andy Dick got into an argument about Phil Hartman's death and Andy Dick's drug use. Five months before Brynn Hartman shot Phil and herself to death, Dick allegedly gave her cocaine at a house party that Lovitz also attended. Brynn Hartman had been sober for ten years, and now Lovitz blames Dick giving her the cocaine as the reason why she got hooked again and killed Hartman and herself five months later.

According to witnesses, Lovitz picked Dick up several times and smashed his head and face into the bar, causing him to bleed. This isn't the first time they've had words. When Lovitz took over for Hartman on NewsRadio, he told Dick "I wouldn't be here now if you hadn't given Brynn that cocaine." And then last year Dick confronted Lovitz at a restaurant, taking drinks off the table and saying he put the "Phil Hartman hex" on him and that he was going to die next.

Yikes.

That's the second time Lovitz has punched dick or beaten him up. He's going to go to jail for it sooner or later

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yes committing assault for unfounded allegations, is completely awesome. I mean Andy Dick is less funny then John Lovitz but him touting how he committed a crime and got away with it is kind of a new pathetisad.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wait

wait

people watched The Critic?

desc on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    And then last year Dick confronted Lovitz at a restaurant, taking drinks off the table and saying he put the "Phil Hartman hex" on him and that he was going to die next.

Yikes.

That part particularly sounds a lot like Andy Dick being sarcastic and not accepting in any way Lovitz's interpretation of events rather than actually being crazy. But it's Andy Dick, so we'll never know.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's the story from 2007, Amateur. I just pulled the story from the webs.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    andy dick scares me

MikeMan on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Wait

wait

people watched The Critic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JsZbSzMi08

Bama on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Andy Dick is a creep.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yes committing assault for unfounded allegations, is completely awesome. I mean Andy Dick is less funny then John Lovitz but him touting how he committed a crime and got away with it is kind of a new pathetisad.

Hartman and Lovitz were best friends. If my friend was murdered and someone who was involved made jokes then I would have reacted the same way.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Andy Dick is a creep.

What the hell is he doing here? He doesn't belong here.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Hartman and Lovitz were best friends. If my friend was murdered and someone who was involved made jokes then I would have reacted the same way.

And you'd probably be arrested for assaulting someone, as you can't just attack someone because they made you angry (outside of fighting words states). Even if they were andy dick.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've seen the Lovitz guy in films. I have no idea who the Dick guy is. Sounds like they really like each other.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

And you'd probably be arrested for assaulting someone, as you can't just attack someone because they made you angry (outside of fighting words states). Even if they were andy dick.

This. It's not the fact that no one blames Lovitz for what he did, it's the fact that witnesses and cameras and the police don't blame Lovitz for what he did. Dick gave a cokehead cocaine. That's it. He's no more to blame for Harman's death than the guy that sold her the gun.

Also, thanks for clarifying Justin, I thought he did it again

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Pfft, like a jury would convict me. It's Andy Dick. The only reason it's not legal to hunt him is that it would be a bill of attainder.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I wish he did it again.

Every day should be Punch Andy Dick Day.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    ok i gave the interwebs dude directions on where to meet me tomorrow

i don't think he'll rape me but i'm lubing up my butt before heading out in the morning, to be safe

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I've seen the Lovitz guy in films. I have no idea who the Dick guy is. Sounds like they really like each other.

andy-dick-mugshot.jpg

Andy Dick, preparing to replace Heath Ledger as the joker.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

The evidence is against you on this one Preach.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You don't need directions to get raped.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    ok i gave the interwebs dude directions on where to meet me tomorrow

i don't think he'll rape me but i'm lubing up my butt before heading out in the morning, to be safe

Can't rape the willing, the defense will use the fact you used lube against you. Stabler will throw a fit, but Cragan will calm him down and then munch will make a penis joke.

Fin.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, no idea whatsoever.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    start it back up

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.