As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I think browsers are crashing my laptop

XenoXeno Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Since yesterday, my computer has been freezing. I'll be using firefox, it'll be ok for awhile, then it starts going to shit quickly. Clicking links wont open anything, then 5 seconds later, it says at the top "Not responding" and it freezes my system. I can still move my mouse but I cant interact with anything. Ctrl alt delete does nothing. I have to manaully shut it down.

Tried using chrome only but the same thing happens. I switched to another user and I'm using IE to see if it happens.

I got CC cleaner and checked my registry and fixed it, but still nothing. I even used system restore and went back a few days and the problem still persists. I checked for viruses and nothing came up either.

Anyone know whats up?

Xeno on

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Xeno wrote: »
    Since yesterday, my computer has been freezing. I'll be using firefox, it'll be ok for awhile, then it starts going to shit quickly. Clicking links wont open anything, then 5 seconds later, it says at the top "Not responding" and it freezes my system. I can still move my mouse but I cant interact with anything. Ctrl alt delete does nothing. I have to manaully shut it down.

Tried using chrome only but the same thing happens. I switched to another user and I'm using IE to see if it happens.

I got CC cleaner and checked my registry and fixed it, but still nothing. I even used system restore and went back a few days and the problem still persists. I checked for viruses and nothing came up either.

Anyone know whats up?

does this only happen with web browsers?

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not 100% sure, as everytime it froze, I have been surfing since thats what I do 99% of the time when on my computer.

But I am going to leave for 2 hours, so I'll leave it on for those 2 hours.

Also, I switched to my other user and used IE and it froze again. But I will try.

Xeno on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shit, already. Left the screen on nothing after doing a restart. Came back like 20 minutes later and the screen was frozen. Could move the mouse around. When I clicked, the screen turned white but I could still see my desktop. Had to power it down from there.

Xeno on