As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect 1&2 - Ahhhhhh yes, the "REAPERS".

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Stigma wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »
    there was a third riddick movie?

Chronicles.

Pitch Black, Chronicles, annndd?

Does the animated one count? Otherwise there where only two movies

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Stigma wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »
    there was a third riddick movie?

Chronicles.

Pitch Black, Chronicles, annndd?

Dark Fury.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man, how the hell do I force AA in this game with an ATI card?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »

squint

Juc on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Juc wrote: »

squint

This is funny both because of what was said and because of who said it.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah...it sucks having an ATI card :( . The game still looks great, though.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    -Tal wrote: »
    oh the iff finally worked

wish that took a little less random wandering for half an hour, but ok

It would have been better if they had created a specific mission to do during the activation, in its current incarnation it gets a little weird sometimes.

Numi on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh Allah almighty i'm in the middle of the endgame

I didn't expect this to be as much of a bloodbath as it was

I'm doubting if even I can live

Damn you Bioware and your ability to create tension!

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    They don't call it a suicide mission for nothing! Yeesh...

But yeah, Zaeed died on my play through... :(

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Starting as an Infiltrator has ruined me. Nothing is as efficient as a Widow headshot from cloak. It's also, however, very boring to start and end a fight in the same cover, headshotting everyone before a fight really has a chance to get interesting.

The Soldier was fun, but...I always ended up using the sniper, even when I didn't upgrade to Widow.

Now I am trying "caster" classes and often it just feels less convenient than the instant-travel powers of teammates and having them with the firepower instead of Shepard, who can actually shoot other parts of the body instead of directly into the chest.

And the Vanguard just...doesn't function as it should. I almost wonder how good shotguns had to be before for them to be what they are now. Even with the 2x damage multiplier you gain for charging into melee range, the heavy pistol is more effective.

Damn you, Infiltrator!

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is my second run, I was trying to get as close to death as possible without dying just for fun

But god damn everybody is dying

worse, the people who I actually did loyalty missions for are biting the dust more

only Zaeed, Miranda, and Samara left, and Zaeed's holding the door :(

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Captain FordoCaptain Fordo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Holy Goddamn shit fuckballs, ME3 NEEDS to have a renegade interrupt that lets you MURDER THAT STUPID TURIAN COUNCILOR! Hopefully it would be reminiscent of the one that lets light that one krogan on fire and make him slowly burn to death

Captain Fordo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And the Vanguard just...doesn't function as it should. I almost wonder how good shotguns had to be before for them to be what they are now. Even with the 2x damage multiplier you gain for charging into melee range, the heavy pistol is more effective.

Shotguns in Mass Effect were, well, shotguns. In this, they are the standard video game blunderbuss masquerading as a shotgun. Ugh.

The other guns are so much fun that it doesn't really matter to me, though. I use mostly machine guns, with the pistol and sniper as backup on my soldier.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    more like Jerkface Councilor

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    I am about to make the purchas, Mass Effect 2 for the PC for $41 or 360 for $44? I am avoiding this thread as much as possible due to spoilers, are there any issues with either version? Also I have a good PC that will play it on high, and a nice TV. I have saves from four or five play throughs on the 360.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    GlocjtGlocjt catstronaut in spaaace.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    But god damn everybody is dying

worse, the people who I actually did loyalty missions for are biting the dust more

only Zaeed, Miranda, and Samara left, and Zaeed's holding the door :(

Haha, that sounds epic...and sounds like a proper suicide mission. Gonna a do a run like that as soon as I finish my funsanity run. Which, by the way, is making me really appreciate headshots.

Glocjt on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Shotguns in Mass Effect were, well, shotguns. In this, they are the standard video game blunderbuss masquerading as a shotgun. Ugh.

What's wrong with shotguns? I haven't really noticed anything. You get in their face with Charge, headshot, dead. Two headshots if they've got full shields, but you usually don't charge into a situation like that.

reVerse on
  • Options
    SteleStele Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I am about to make the purchas, Mass Effect 2 for the PC for $41 or 360 for $44? I am avoiding this thread as much as possible due to spoilers, are there any issues with either version? Also I have a good PC that will play it on high, and a nice TV. I have saves from four or five play throughs on the 360.

PC has better graphics and seems to run even better than the first one.

But carrying over your saves is a big part of it.

You can download PC saves at www.masseffectsaves.com and go that way if you want though.

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, sounds like PC. There aren't any issues with it though, as in DRM or lag/bugs on the 360?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    reVerse wrote: »

What's wrong with shotguns? I haven't really noticed anything. You get in their face with Charge, headshot, dead. Two headshots if they've got full shields, but you usually don't charge into a situation like that.

A shotgun shoots further than 10 feet.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Holy Goddamn shit fuckballs, ME3 NEEDS to have a renegade interrupt that lets you MURDER THAT STUPID TURIAN COUNCILOR! Hopefully it would be reminiscent of the one that lets light that one krogan on fire and make him slowly burn to death

Why? He's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O92m-yy4gGk

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    ScrumScrum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    I can't seem to find where the fifth sniper rifle upgrade is, I got it on my first play through but I forgot where...

Scrum on
  • Options
    bakatrinhbakatrinh Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Argh can't decide between Revenant or widow for my insanity run soldier class

bakatrinh on
    bakatrinh.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

A shotgun shoots further than 10 feet.

Yes, they do terrible damage from afar, but that's how shotguns in games work. Just switch to your pistol or SMG and save your precious shotgun ammo for when it's needed more.

reVerse on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I'd settle for only ever seeing him as a hologram in the future, but getting an interrupt where you shoot ineffectually at it.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The two aren't that different graphically. ME1 PC was a vast improvement, but the ME2 seems fairly even on both platforms. People who tell you otherwise are poopy-pants.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    PC has mouse aim, therefore it wins.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok then, the controls for both, which controls better? Does the mouse help a lot or does it feel like a mouse mapped to a joystick (like some terrible ports)? Also will there be any user content for the PC?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    PC has mouse aim, therefore it wins.

This isn't Call of Duty. Nor multiplayer. It's not that important to be a super crack shot.

Fizban, just get it for the entertainment area you'll feel more comfortable in. ME2 is a cinematic game, so I chose to play it on my big screen TV and nice couch, and I don't regret it at all.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Ok, sounds like PC. There aren't any issues with it though, as in DRM or lag/bugs on the 360?

Seems to run mostly great on PC. A few complaints about ATI cards and AA. Some random crashes. Not a lot of bad said in this thread.

360 definitely some load time complaints, from those who don't have a lot of hard drive space and didn't install. Some lags during the finale when different cutscenes are pieced together.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head from the last few iterations of this thread the last 10 days or so.

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dashui wrote: »
    The two aren't that different graphically. ME1 PC was a vast improvement, but the ME2 seems fairly even on both platforms. People who tell you otherwise are poopy-pants.

Well come on now, don't be a silly goose. If you can run it on PC in 1920x1080 it's going to look better than what the 360 outputs.

Stele on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I'd settle for only ever seeing him as a hologram in the future, but getting an interrupt where you shoot ineffectually at it.

If we were forced to have him only as a hologram and not actually watch the life fade out of him as we strangle him with our bare hands, then we should be able to use a renegade intimidation option to just give him a heart attack

Captain Fordo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    but that's how shotguns in games work.

Um, thats my point. Did you play Mass Effect? They didn't work like that at all.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It should be noted that the Cain is totally the coolest way to beat the game.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    bakatrinh wrote: »
    Argh can't decide between Revenant or widow for my insanity run soldier class

The widow, easily. The revenant might have a higher damage, but if you're using warp or really any type of ammo and getting headshots with the vindicator it's going to be far more effective. And the widow is just going to save your ass countless times, scions, oculus, harbinger, it's a beautiful piece of death delivery

Captain Fordo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

They even leave out some ammo in that area so you can shoot it twice. It's like they're just begging you to nuke. :winky:

Stele on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

You mean like nuke him right in the eye?

Captain Fordo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ahahah oh my god i died

total fail on my part

but this ending is still pretty epic, in its own way

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I prefer to think of it as a thermal exhaust port.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I prefer to think of it as a thermal exhaust port.

Haha, well played.

Captain Fordo on
This discussion has been closed.