As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Microphone isn't working

BeckBeck Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
To clarify, the microphone works, just when plugged into my Mother's computer, I have to yell for it to pick up sound (it works perfectly on my PC, however). I've tried reinstalling the sound drivers (AC'97), turning mic boost on, trying different microphones (everything except a USB headset, which I don't have available to me), but nothing seems to fix the problem. If you guys have any suggestions, or have encountered this problem before, I'd really appreciate any insight you could give me.

Oh, and if it's any help, she's using an Asrock K7VM3 motherboard.

Thanks!

Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
Beck on

• lunarwulflunarwulf Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Are you displaying all the sound controls when you bring up the sound menu?
    (Check by going to advanced controls again, just in case.)
    Do you have multiple sound controls/equalizers installed?
    (It took me a month to figure out that I had 2 sound programs on my new laptop and that one program automatically muted my microphone when it was ran.)
    Is your microphone certified for use with only certain computers?
    Does your microphone only work when receiving a certain wattage?
    (Check the manual on this, I didn't know that mine wouldn't work under certain conditions, it was just luck I had the right one)

lunarwulf on
    It's been made abundantly clear that Ten O'Clock is time for Rainbow Six. It is not time for other games! You might think that it is, but it isn't. Don't show up at 10:05! That's not when it is. It is earlier.
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    lunarwulf wrote:
    Are you displaying all the sound controls when you bring up the sound menu?
    (Check by going to advanced controls again, just in case.)
    Do you have multiple sound controls/equalizers installed?
    (It took me a month to figure out that I had 2 sound programs on my new laptop and that one program automatically muted my microphone when it was ran.)
    Is your microphone certified for use with only certain computers?
    Does your microphone only work when receiving a certain wattage?
    (Check the manual on this, I didn't know that mine wouldn't work under certain conditions, it was just luck I had the right one)
    Yup, I've checked for all those things, and it should be working fine...Hmm...Maybe later in the evening I'll try using a sound card. Other than that, I have no idea what I could possibly do to fix this.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!