As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Snowpocalypse IV: The Search for Spock [MORE FUCKING SNOW!]

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rinder wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    Rinder wrote: »
    There is a small chance of flurries tonight in Gainesville.
    That would be kind of neat.

Which Gainesville?

Florida

I have Gainesvilles to the South and North of me and their climates are complete opposites. It's weird.

MKR on
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Spacehog wrote: »
    Spacehog wrote: »
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    Finally got my car out, the street is plowed, neighborhood returning to normalcy. I may go to the gym tonight.

Don't get used to it. 6-8 more inches Monday night into Tuesday.

uggggghhh this is the worst news I've heard all week

sorry.

Is there anyway I can make it up to you?

naw you're good folk by me spacehog let's have a beer over baltimore sometime

robothero wrote: »
    What if I told you it is also going to snow Friday/Saturday of next week

you on the other hand... you broke my heart with this news

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    here in pennsylvania, it just started snowing again

Snowmageddon pt. 3 the ReDeadening perhaps?

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It has been snowing in Ohio for a few hours now.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2010
    dang i forgot it was going to snow again. guess i'll go shopping now instead of later.

also it sucks because i have to open at work tomorrow, so i'll either have to wake up super early to shovel or go in late

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    More snow. Yay.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    this one's not supposed to be a big deal. i did hear something disturbing about the end of the month, but i can't find it on NOAA anymore.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thread might need a new title soon with all this new snow fucking around.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Snowpocalypse IV has been steadily blanketing Indianapolis all day.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Snowpocalypse IV: The Phantom Menace

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gafoto wrote: »

i like this one

make this the title

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What the effff

It's hailing in winter

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gafoto wrote: »

that would be fine if the snow was replaced by wood chips.

because the acting in that film is akin to wood, you see.

Spacehog on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2010
    boo

Unknown User on
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    new title.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I heard they had snow in Dallas Ft. Worth. I swear to god if I get to Texas next week and it's snowing I will kill myself, topple the dark master of hell and challenge to combat any being who has the slightest control over weather patterns.

That or bitch a little about how Texans don't know jack-shit about driving in snow... and continue driving.

Either way, there will be vengeance.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

We got hardly anything in Lafayette.

Thankfully.

(Walking to class on un-salted sidewalks fucking sucks. You suck, Purdue. Salt your goddamn sidewalks.)

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    edited February 2010

We got hardly anything in Lafayette.

Thankfully.

(Walking to class on un-salted sidewalks fucking sucks. You suck, Purdue. Salt your goddamn sidewalks.)

Man, I hated that shit.

The cool part about Purdue snow was the house I lived in had a bigass hill in the backyard, so we'd go drunk sledding.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    it was snowing pretty hard for like, 3-4 hours earlier today but nothing stuck to the ground, it just stuck to other snow

that won't be meltin for a while

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It snowed pretty damn hard in the Boston area today

Driving home was a bit of an experience

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    edited February 2010
    aw hell yes dinner = wawa buffalo blue chicken wrap, apple slices and v8 splash tropical blend

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    robothero wrote: »
    aw hell yes dinner = wawa buffalo blue chicken wrap, apple slices and v8 splash tropical blend

hi5

their chicken ceasar wraps are good too. I alternate.

Spacehog on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Unknown User on
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    no. I'm not going to let this snow happen.

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    We got about 4" of heavy, slushy crap and the news was all over it like we were all going to die. This is the first real snow we've had all year and it's garbage

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    As long as it's rain along the coast here I don't really care, but if it's the freezy/icy crap I'm gonna be pissed

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, what's up with Canada? America has been wrecking your shit at things you've historically owned.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, what's up with Canada? America has been wrecking your shit at things you've historically owned.

Reported

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

Reported

Owned.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Word on the street (internet) is that we're looking at the possibility of another storm that can dump a foot or more coming in at the end of this week. Apparently catching the tail end of something that is heading to Boston.

Woo.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2010
    it's a "snowicane"

a hurricane made of snow

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    (CNN) -- A major nor'easter is expected to bring blizzard conditions to interior New England and heavy rain and near-hurricane-force wind gusts to Northeastern coastal areas Wednesday through Friday.

Little, if any, snow will fall in Boston, Massachusetts, while Washington, New York and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, could see as much as 5 inches of snow with locally higher amounts, CNN meteorologist Sean Morris said.

Record snowfall totals of 30 inches or more will be possible across upstate New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, Morris said. Very strong winds will combine with the heavy snow to produce dangerous white-out conditions and widespread power outages.

Hurricane-force wind gusts combined with heavy rain are likely to cause significant flight delays and cancellations at all major airports along the Eastern Seaboard on Thursday and Friday, Morris said.

Another storm was bringing heavy, wet snow Wednesday morning from Connecticut to Massachusetts. The National Weather Service predicted the weight of the snow would bring down tree limbs and power lines, causing scattered power outages.

Scattered outages already were being reported in parts of New Hampshire and Massachusetts, where snowfall totals in the Berkshire Mountains could reach 24 inches by Wednesday night, the weather service said.

Meanwhile, central Texas was digging out from up to 4 inches of snow after setting records with more than a foot less than two weeks ago.

Sunshine was predicted for Wednesday, but CNN iReport contributor Robert Huntington of Austin, Texas, said the snow was falling hard in his neighborhood Tuesday.

"[They're] really big flakes, I mean, unusually large flakes," he said. "It's Texas. Everything's bigger in Texas."

Unknown User on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It'd sure be nice to not get a foot from this storm

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm telling you man

Fimbulvetr

get your axes and shields, for soon shall come the age when brother fights brother and the great wolf Fenrir stalks the woods again

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Honestly, it isn't so much the snow that is going to make things really bad to drive in, it's the fact that the snow is going to be blowing at hurricane speed.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would totally join the Viking horde if this turns out to be the wintery beginning of Ragnarok. Hitting people with axes, sailing on dragon boats, drinking mead, raping and pillaging...fun times.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    man but we just had a ragnarok 2 million years ago

this is getting to be bothersome

Unknown User on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    I would totally join the Viking horde if this turns out to be the wintery beginning of Ragnarok. Hitting people with axes, sailing on dragon boats, drinking mead, raping and pillaging...fun times.

Ragnarok is the best kind of apocalypse.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    what is the deal with the constant snow south of new england and lack of snow in new england

i guess it makes me feel less bad that i hurt my knee and cant snowboard as much because without good snow i'm missing less

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I guess right now it's up in the air whether or not this thing is gonna affect me much. I'm hovering like right on the border of it.

Speed Racer on