As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit compatible video capture cards? *phew*

cooljammer00cooljammer00 HeySmall Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I've been scouring the net trying to find decently priced (i.e., I'm a cheap bastard) video capture cards for hooking up a PS3/Gamecube/what have you to my laptop (for potential LP-ness, and for using my computer to play games on)

I'm pretty sure this Dell Inspiron 1545 has a VGA out port (like most laptops, according to my research), which would mean that I couldn't use that to get a console feed on this monitor. My best bet is probably a USB device of some sort (I've seen a few, but they've all stopped short at either an archaic Windows OS or only support Vista 64-bit, which I'm not sure would work with Windows 7 64-bit)

It's hard enough to find a capture card that won't break the bank, let alone one that has 64-bit Win7 support.

So basically, what's a good, decently priced capture card that would work with 64-bit Windows 7? Alternatively, how does Windows 7 Home Premium's compatibility mode work with older versions of capture software/capture software drivers?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
cooljammer00 on

• Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    also looking for a capture card for my 360, I'm on a mac though (want a USB too)

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg