As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2010 Winter Olympics

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MKR wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Why do you even think I'm from canada?

I didn't say you were. What the hell is wrong with you?

Well you see, if you address someone, and you tell them that they were scammed when they aren't actually from the country that you seem to be babbling on about about it would imply that you think they are from Canada.

Here look, I'll show you the post to save time.
    I'm not sure why you are talking about something you haven't got any idea about!

I didn't say anything about Canadian standards. I was saying that despite the fact that we scammed you, our shitty building probably won't kill you. Scam contractors sometimes build buildings that fall on people because they dissapear after finishing (if they do) so they don't care about accountability.

Blake T on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Who said anything about a building explosion in Connecticut?

I thought I was in SE++, not D&D. What's with all the gross misreading of intent and meaning?

That's what Blaket's link was. I am not questioning you. I am as confused as your are as to what he's trying to say.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Butters wrote: »

I thought I was in SE++, not D&D. What's with all the gross misreading of intent and meaning?

That's what Blaket's link was. I am not questioning you. I am as confused as your are as to what he's trying to say.

I think someone urinated in his corn flakes this morning or something. I would be ornery too.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    daysleeper did you hear jack layton has cancer

:(

that's too bad for him but probably good for the NDP.

Well, yeah.

It was nice to see this though

10z6ywn.jpg

(though its disappointing the Cons aren't lower)

As soon as we get anything resembling proportional representation, I will feel like there is a point in voting.

To head off all the reactionary idiots, I know there is a point in voting, it is just frustrating to me to not have elected any of my choices ever since I started voting.

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

He is saying that American building standards led to the explosion in Connecticut.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

He is saying that American building standards led to the explosion in Connecticut.

I thought that was due to a screwup while releasing gas. They even evacuate beforehand knowing there's a risk of explosion.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    have there not been any STV initiatives in Ontario, ds?

its gotten close a few times here, hopefully with the next election it'll actually get approved

We had a proposal for Mixed Member Proportional (still first past the post locally but you also get to vote for members at large or similar). It failed abysmally because apparently it was poorly explained or something. It was voted down by like 60% or something. It was extremely frustrating.

It doesn't matter how I vote provincially for the next several years because I now live in the riding of the provincial Conservative leader.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    have there not been any STV initiatives in Ontario, ds?

its gotten close a few times here, hopefully with the next election it'll actually get approved

We had a proposal for Mixed Member Proportional (still first past the post locally but you also get to vote for members at large or similar). It failed abysmally because apparently it was poorly explained or something. It was voted down by like 60% or something. It was extremely frustrating.

It doesn't matter how I vote provincially for the next several years because I now live in the riding of the provincial Conservative leader.

I thought it was bad that my ridin' is represented by Gordon Campbell provincially :gonk:

Federally its http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Murray

who isn't horrendous, but eh

I am pretty convinced that it's going to take another Trudeau (which I mean figuratively but may come to pass literally) before we get another strong majority government of any stripe. Another PET-like strong, screw-you personality. I suspect though that we are no longer in a society that will accept such a thing.

edit: also i find it fairly disgusting that the green party has more votes nationally than the bloc but the bloc has 50 seats and also that they formed the opposition for such a long time.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

The article doesn't say that at all.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I was stating my understanding of his intent. I didn't read the article because I already know that our building codes are stricter than yours.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    fuck I can't wait to watch some curling

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am pretty convinced that it's going to take another Trudeau (which I mean figuratively but may come to pass literally) before we get another strong majority government of any stripe. Another PET-like strong, screw-you personality. I suspect though that we are no longer in a society that will accept such a thing.

edit: also i find it fairly disgusting that the green party has more votes nationally than the bloc but the bloc has 50 seats and also that they formed the opposition for such a long time.

hey

hey

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/46/Gilles_Duceppe.jpg/800px-Gilles_Duceppe.jpg

When I watched the leaders' debate for the last election, he was the only one who I found even slightly palatable (though I thought Harper presented himself well and calmly. Dion was a spastic muppet, Layton was basically going BUT GUYS IT'S MY TURN TO BE THE LEADER COME ON I'M TELLING MOM YOU WON'T LET ME PLAY. Elizabeth Green Party did okay but her policies apart from the environment are basically the same as the liberals and they won't get a seat for another 5-10 years :/ )

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm boycotting this event until MMA on ice skates is an Olympic discipline.

Edit: Bladed foot stomps are mandatory.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    one of the co-leaders of the greens here was first in the mcgillicuddy serious party (joke party obv) and then the legalise cannabis party

lol

L|ama on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rolo wrote: »
    bear_1573909c.jpg

Is this real? I want this to be real

Franko on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I was stating my understanding of his intent. I didn't read the article because I already know that our building codes are stricter than yours.

I'll bet Siberia's building codes are pretty strict too.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I'll bet Siberia's building codes are pretty strict too.

Huts must be no taller than the tallest phallic symbol.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It means your country is a god damn icebox.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What is that even supposed to mean?

It's butters. It's best just to nod politely and look away until he's done.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    white thing miga miga white thing miga miga

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    if my sister has a girl baby that girl baby is getting so much miga stuff
    so much

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wow.

I thought it was a stadium or something.

That sure is a piece of crap.

On the upside they can take it down afterwards easily and use the land for something practical.

Move it to Texas to make another Cowboys training facility. WHOOOOOOPS

hope Vancouver doesn't get hit by any gusts of wind over 5 mph

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If anyone wants to rob a store, or a fancy car, or mug a dude, right now is the time to do it! All the cops are seemingly out, stationed only around where the Olympians are staying.

Hate the Olympics. Knew I was going to hate it before there was really any sign of it here, then the "welcome world!" signed started showing up, everything started turning into NeoSans font, everything started going bright blue ... now there's loudness at night, way, WAY too many people downtown..

Auuughhhh.

mully on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm glad Chicago didn't get the Olympics. That would have been a nightmare for a lot of people I know.

Butters on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I still can't wait to see what happens when London really starts to get into Olympics mode, it's gonna be fucking chaos.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Ten wrote: »
    Also I assume we have some competitors in this thing, maybe? Go Australia!

You must because the olympic village has a giant flag with a boxing kangaroo on it.

bombardier on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    mully wrote: »
    If anyone wants to rob a store, or a fancy car, or mug a dude, right now is the time to do it!

To be fair it's never a really bad time to rob someone in Canada...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh my god a pissing contest over building codes.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    im gonna be up in vancouver the weekend of the 20th who is down for hangouts?

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh shit do the olympics start today?

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    oh shit do the olympics start today?

opening ceremonies are Friday

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.