Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[B4B]Booty for Booty - Endgame Begins on p10

SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Critical Failures
Booty for Booty is a game of leading your pirate crew on adventures across the high seas with just two goals. Booty, and spending it on other Booty. For those of you who'd played Teen Island or Battle Chef with me this is a similar sort of game.

The rules are found above, but because we're playing on a forum there'll be a few twists. There'll be not one but three ships, competing for the goal of returning to port with 100 Booty. Each ship will have three players that divide the duties of managing the ship, acting in order each turn.

Captain: Decides on the bearing for the ship, assigns the crew to their jobs and, when in Port, decides when to hire new crew.
Deckmaster: Rations out the Grog to the crew and makes the Deck roll, handling any crew events that occur as a result of failing it. Also responsible for rolling on the Sober Pirate table when grog isn't supplied.
First Mate (name pending a better suggestion): Makes the Sail roll and handles any Sea Encounters and Islands to be explored.

(To clarify, these roles are completely separate to the in-game role of Captain that one pirate must always hold).

These changes may screw with the turn order in the rules a little, but I'll work out the specifics when I know how much interest we have. Currently I plan to have every Captain act, then every Deckmaster, then every First Mate.

The game has been a lot of fun in IRC and I'm hoping it'll carry across to the forums well. Those interested post below and we'll draw teams and positions at random if we get enough.

Boring stuff like die rollers and turn limits to materialise once there's interest.

THE SILVER LEATHER
Captain: lonelyahava
Deckmaster: Daius
First Mate: Kime
0 Grog, 26 Booty
Busted Mast (-5 to Sailing, 5 Booty at Port to repair)
White Whale
Dolphins
Crew
Spoiler:

FINAL BOOTY: 27

THE ROLLING BLUNDER
Captain: Infidel
Deckmaster: nefffffffffff
First Mate: Adventfalls
0 Grog, 71 Booty
Edmond Nastyscab and Topp Ramen will never work together.
Crew
Spoiler:

FINAL BOOTY: 73

THE DAINTY BELLE
Captain: simonwolf
Deckmaster: MrBlarney
First Mate: romanqwerty
6 Grog, 23 Booty
White Whale.
In a Doldrum.
Crew
Spoiler: