Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

This is how people use the internet.

1356711

Posts

  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Dude have you ever seen other stuff he's done or have you just seen that and you're just posting that? Because I actually love a lot of his other stuff with Three Dead Trolls and don't tease me dammit

    Me?

    I don't remember how, but I have one of the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie albums.

    Basically, everything I know about Canada comes from them.

    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    see, this is funny because I'm baffled at the fact that anyone at all cares about how other people use the internet

    let alone caring enough to get upset about it

    I don't know who you think is upset. But I'm sitting right next to Fram and he's actually amazed at this.

    oh no, I've actually agreed with everything fram has said in this thread so far

    some people just tend to act like computer literacy is this big defining factor of intelligence for some reason

    your actions per minute when posting on the forums equals your IQ

    mully is the smartest because click click click click click click click

    4SMZq.jpg
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Dude have you ever seen other stuff he's done or have you just seen that and you're just posting that? Because I actually love a lot of his other stuff with Three Dead Trolls and don't tease me dammit

    Me?

    I don't remember how, but I have one of the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie albums.

    Basically, everything I know about Canada comes from them.

    Ahahaha, me too.

    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • FramlingFramling Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would be totally okay with it if this ended up turning into a Three Dead Trolls thread.

    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

    their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so these trolls

    what's so dead about 'em

    4SMZq.jpg
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Dude have you ever seen other stuff he's done or have you just seen that and you're just posting that? Because I actually love a lot of his other stuff with Three Dead Trolls and don't tease me dammit

    Me?

    I don't remember how, but I have one of the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie albums.

    Basically, everything I know about Canada comes from them.

    Ahahaha, me too.

    "Did you know that Manitoba has a population density of 1.6 people per square kilometer?"
    "Isn't that stupid?"

    And "Every OS Sucks" gets me through the workday. Because that song is as true now as it was 8 years ago.

    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    I would be totally okay with it if this ended up turning into a Three Dead Trolls thread.

    "Worried about magpies coming and flying away with all your shiny coins? In these hard economic times, who isn't?"

    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Greetings, Chico!

    ¿Qué tal?

    4SMZq.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    macs are definitely not made for stupid people though

    stupid people will get frustrated when OSX isn't exactly like the windows they're running away from and return it. though this can also be blamed on salesmen who don't make it clear that while a mac is not difficult to use, you are going to have to learn how.

  • LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man I really didn't need to read this. I'm still hoping it's just an elaborate joke, but the last comment on the page makes me think otherwise.

  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    but cilla, it just works?!?

    4SMZq.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wimble wrote: »
    Greetings, Chico!

    ¿Qué tal?

    Wimble

    I need you to do something for me.

    I need you to tell me a story.

  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    If anything, I see this as an indicator of how far interface as a whole has come. That so many users can look at Google results as such a constant, dependable, immutable thing that their first assumption is not that Google's results have changed, but that Facebook has changed?

    That says something powerful about Google, right there.
    This is really insightful.

    tonksigblack.png
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Dude have you ever seen other stuff he's done or have you just seen that and you're just posting that? Because I actually love a lot of his other stuff with Three Dead Trolls and don't tease me dammit

    Me?

    I don't remember how, but I have one of the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie albums.

    Basically, everything I know about Canada comes from them.

    Ahahaha, me too.

    "Did you know that Manitoba has a population density of 1.6 people per square kilometer?"
    "Isn't that stupid?"

    And "Every OS Sucks" gets me through the workday. Because that song is as true now as it was 8 years ago.

    Oh god now I'm listening to alllllll my stuff.

    British Saskatchalbertatoba.

    I love these guys so much.

    Did you ever hear the Lost Scrolls of Frosty? It's like 15 minutes long, but I read it for some classmates once around Christmas time back in college and I thought they were going to die.

    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Callius wrote: »
    Framling wrote: »
    If anything, I see this as an indicator of how far interface as a whole has come. That so many users can look at Google results as such a constant, dependable, immutable thing that their first assumption is not that Google's results have changed, but that Facebook has changed?

    That says something powerful about Google, right there.
    This is really insightful.

    We'll see how powerful Google is when I rub my butt on their glass doors tomorrow.

    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living Proof That Sometimes Friends Are Mean.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So when these people get horny do they just type PORN into google?

    SPJbSps.png
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Wimble wrote: »
    Greetings, Chico!

    ¿Qué tal?

    Wimble

    I need you to do something for me.

    I need you to tell me a story.

    a story about love?

    a love story?

    baby just say yes

    4SMZq.jpg
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Cloudman wrote: »
    So when these people get horny do they just type PORN into google?

    PORN AND NO VIRUSES PLEASE

    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere MY FINEST CREATION oh nevermind it's deadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Callius wrote: »
    Framling wrote: »
    If anything, I see this as an indicator of how far interface as a whole has come. That so many users can look at Google results as such a constant, dependable, immutable thing that their first assumption is not that Google's results have changed, but that Facebook has changed?

    That says something powerful about Google, right there.
    This is really insightful.

    We'll see how powerful Google is when I rub my butt on their glass doors tomorrow.

    This is also really insightful.

    nHu0VJL.png
    My Youtube My Steam SMITE IGN: TDOTCRFH4 come SMITE with me
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    you can usually expect someone who is computer illiterate about everything else to be very cunning and ingenious about finding his/her free porn.

    I see more people coming in with viruses from facebook and limewire than porn.

  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Dude have you ever seen other stuff he's done or have you just seen that and you're just posting that? Because I actually love a lot of his other stuff with Three Dead Trolls and don't tease me dammit

    Me?

    I don't remember how, but I have one of the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie albums.

    Basically, everything I know about Canada comes from them.

    Ahahaha, me too.

    "Did you know that Manitoba has a population density of 1.6 people per square kilometer?"
    "Isn't that stupid?"

    And "Every OS Sucks" gets me through the workday. Because that song is as true now as it was 8 years ago.

    Oh god now I'm listening to alllllll my stuff.

    British Saskatchalbertatoba.

    I love these guys so much.

    Did you ever hear the Lost Scrolls of Frosty? It's like 15 minutes long, but I read it for some classmates once around Christmas time back in college and I thought they were going to die.

    No, I haven't. Do you have a link? Their website is so bad. :?

    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »
    So when these people get horny do they just type PORN into google?

    PORN AND NO VIRUSES PLEASE

    All this links to is issues with viruses and a link about how to get a virus.

  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    To be fair, I used to do that too, because back when I used internet explorer at work if you typed an address into the address bar it would remember it, and I didn't want to do that, so I'd google everything to get around it.

    It's not so I can hide from IT. Because we don't have an IT department, it's just so when my boss comes in and uses my computer for whatever he doesn't see an address to here.

  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dee Kae wrote: »
    Crashmo wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »
    So when these people get horny do they just type PORN into google?

    PORN AND NO VIRUSES PLEASE

    All this links to is issues with viruses and a link about how to get a virus.

    haha "Need a Computer Virus? Download Now!"

    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • MarthMarth Contemplative Kermit Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »
    Dee Kae wrote: »
    Crashmo wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »
    So when these people get horny do they just type PORN into google?

    PORN AND NO VIRUSES PLEASE

    All this links to is issues with viruses and a link about how to get a virus.

    haha "Need a Computer Virus? Download Now!"

    I'd run a virus scanner on it, just to be sure.

    Steam Xbox Live LoL: SadSchaub
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am too busy dancing to know how to use a computer

    4484-7718-8470
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Dude have you ever seen other stuff he's done or have you just seen that and you're just posting that? Because I actually love a lot of his other stuff with Three Dead Trolls and don't tease me dammit

    Me?

    I don't remember how, but I have one of the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie albums.

    Basically, everything I know about Canada comes from them.

    Ahahaha, me too.

    "Did you know that Manitoba has a population density of 1.6 people per square kilometer?"
    "Isn't that stupid?"

    And "Every OS Sucks" gets me through the workday. Because that song is as true now as it was 8 years ago.

    Oh god now I'm listening to alllllll my stuff.

    British Saskatchalbertatoba.

    I love these guys so much.

    Did you ever hear the Lost Scrolls of Frosty? It's like 15 minutes long, but I read it for some classmates once around Christmas time back in college and I thought they were going to die.

    No, I haven't. Do you have a link? Their website is so bad. :?

    yeah I don't know if they've actually done anything to that website in uh...years, besides post a song here and there.

    And I don't know where the tracks are now. I'll look around later and pm it to you if I find them...

    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    also, everyone knows the phase "computer illiterate"

    everyone

    and they toss it around like candy

  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Campion wrote: »
    I am too busy dancing to know how to use a computer

    hey campion, let me be the floppy diskette to your pirouette

    4SMZq.jpg
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »
    We'll see how powerful Google is when I rub my butt on their glass doors tomorrow.
    Wait, wut?

    tonksigblack.png
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere MY FINEST CREATION oh nevermind it's deadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Campion wrote: »
    I am too busy dancing to know how to use a computer

    show us your dance campion

    nHu0VJL.png
    My Youtube My Steam SMITE IGN: TDOTCRFH4 come SMITE with me
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am NOT at all happy with how my research paper came out... fuck

    oh well, it's only the first draft.

    tonksigblack.png
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Callius wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    We'll see how powerful Google is when I rub my butt on their glass doors tomorrow.
    Wait, wut?

    Google has offices in Fremont. I have to walk by them twice a week on my way to physical therapy.

    I am always tempted to rub my butt on their large glass doors.

    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • FramlingFramling Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Callius wrote: »
    I am NOT at all happy with how my research paper came out... fuck

    oh well, it's only the first draft.

    Whatcha researchin'?

    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

    their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    Whatcha researchin'?
    The motivations behind Seattle's response to burn down Hooverville (down by where QWEST field is now) in 1941, after it had existed for 10 years.

    tonksigblack.png
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    As a video rental clerk I long ago lost my ability to be surprised by just how dumb people can be

    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • FramlingFramling Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Callius wrote: »
    Framling wrote: »
    Whatcha researchin'?
    The motivations behind Seattle's response to

    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGG

    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

    their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I do this all the time.

    But, I have a good reason. I use the search engine SwagBucks, and sometimes I get free stuff for searching. So, I waste a fraction of a second by typing a search term and then clicking a link instead of just typing an address, but hey, free stuff.

Sign In or Register to comment.