Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Marble [chat]nets

1575859606163»

Posts

  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    .40 s&w IS supposed to be a bridge but it does a bad job of it

    the difference between JHP 9mm and .40 is minimal

    it doesn't have the stepup in power the .45acp has

    and is a heavier grain, giving fewer rounds

    basically it gives you x more power than 9mm but with x+1 more recoil

    it's a disproportionate (re: not worth it) step up. if you want to step up, go all the way to .45acp

    the only good thing is that it's so common in law enforcement agencies that you can find it hella cheap and it's really, really common

    it's a snappy 9mm imo

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    No no



    Yes.

    Preach is so easy.

    I spread like butter on cheap crackers.

  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Res wrote: »
    NSFGun haters

    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=157295316#PIC

    So expensive. But so awesome.

    Oh yeah.

    If I get a gun it would be a Mateba.

    So I can pretend to be Togusa from Ghost in the Shell.

    bang bang

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Johannen wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Joh another reason to like supernatural is that the writers are awesome. The guy who created or wrote for The Tick is one of their regular contributors. Also holy pop culture reference.

    I am about two episodes into Season 5, after buying the first four seasons on the liking of episodes 1 and 2, now I can't stop watching.

    It's my favorite series outside of House at the moment, and once I have enough money I am buying that car and putting an SS engine in it from a similar model which will fit the engine bay.

    The car is awesome. I'm glad that they didn't blow up the seaquest as it were after season 1's finale.

    Season 5 just had its best episode yet on the 12th.

  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    .40 s&w IS supposed to be a bridge but it does a bad job of it

    the difference between JHP 9mm and .40 is minimal

    it doesn't have the stepup in power the .45acp has

    and is a heavier grain, giving fewer rounds

    basically it gives you x more power than 9mm but with x+1 more recoil

    it's a disproportionate (re: not worth it) step up. if you want to step up, go all the way to .45acp

    the only good thing is that it's so common in law enforcement agencies that you can find it hella cheap and it's really, really common

    it's a snappy 9mm imo

    It goes through kevlar.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Johannen wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    glock 35 is stupid because it's chambered in .40 s&w

    if you regularly shoot that caliber you are bad and you should feel bad

    :<

    I don't know what calibers are and what the differences are bitches!

    Calibers are the measurement of a bullets diameter in inches. So a .40 caliber round is 4/10 of an inch in diameter.

    So, what difference does it make which size you shoot? I'm sure the larger size does more damage, but it's a piece of metal being fired at high velocity, why is it bad to shoot one over another?

  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Skippy, Cody is small but it is gorgeous. Right next to Yellowstone in the mountains and has the Buffalo Bill museum which is awesome. Hell even Chu would like the gun collection there. But yeah Cheyenne is on the plains, has like 0 light pollution which is cool when you camp not when you are in the middle of a big city. It is like going to a place here in CO called Limon which is on the plains. There is a reason no one wants to move out there.

    Chu, I am like the opposite, if I am in a big city like New York or Tokyo I start going nuts after 3 days. But of course I grew up either in the country or suburbs but the house backs right into the mountains.

    falasig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I would like to fire a gun at a shooting range, but don't really see the need to own one.

    I've fired one before at a shooting range called middle of a field in bumfuck nowhere, and that was fun.

    Because it's easier to get better if you're consistantly shooting the same firearm. It's also easier to make modifications to a firearm you own. For instance my Glock is currently set up to shoot .22lr.

    Oh yeah that makes sense, I'm just saying I would see no need to "get better" or make modifications of my own.

    I'm saying I just want to fire a gun for the sake of firing a gun, because it's fun, but I don't really need to own said gun.

    I'm a target shooter so for me getting better is the whole point. My goal is to make it so that every shot I fire goes through the same hole every time. Repeating the act of shooting over and over again is a very mechanical action and one I find lets me clear my head. It's a fun hobby for me.

  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Skippy, Cody is small but it is gorgeous. Right next to Yellowstone in the mountains and has the Buffalo Bill museum which is awesome. Hell even Chu would like the gun collection there. But yeah Cheyenne is on the plains, has like 0 light pollution which is cool when you camp not when you are in the middle of a big city. It is like going to a place here in CO called Limon which is on the plains. There is a reason no one wants to move out there.

    Chu, I am like the opposite, if I am in a big city like New York or Tokyo I start going nuts after 3 days. But of course I grew up either in the country or suburbs but the house backs right into the mountains.

    I know but I am saying, you can't really just up and move to a small town

    you have to get moved there by your job or have family there or something

    their economies just aren't set up for easy moves in, you know?

  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I would like to fire a gun at a shooting range, but don't really see the need to own one.

    I've fired one before at a shooting range called middle of a field in bumfuck nowhere, and that was fun.

    Because it's easier to get better if you're consistantly shooting the same firearm. It's also easier to make modifications to a firearm you own. For instance my Glock is currently set up to shoot .22lr.

    Oh yeah that makes sense, I'm just saying I would see no need to "get better" or make modifications of my own.

    I'm saying I just want to fire a gun for the sake of firing a gun, because it's fun, but I don't really need to own said gun.

    I'm a target shooter so for me getting better is the whole point. My goal is to make it so that every shot I fire goes through the same hole every time. Repeating the act of shooting over and over again is a very mechanical action and one I find lets me clear my head. It's a fun hobby for me.

    Fair enough. It's something that I would have to make sure is a big enough hobby for me before I invest in it, though. So pretty much like any other hobby.

  • JohannenJohannen Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Johannen wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Joh another reason to like supernatural is that the writers are awesome. The guy who created or wrote for The Tick is one of their regular contributors. Also holy pop culture reference.

    I am about two episodes into Season 5, after buying the first four seasons on the liking of episodes 1 and 2, now I can't stop watching.

    It's my favorite series outside of House at the moment, and once I have enough money I am buying that car and putting an SS engine in it from a similar model which will fit the engine bay.

    The car is awesome. I'm glad that they didn't blow up the seaquest as it were after season 1's finale.

    Season 5 just had its best episode yet on the 12th.

    I will catch up with you on episodes... it will take me about 3 days, but then we must talk of the awesomeness!

    Also, the guy who plays Castiel is a pretty good actor to be fair, and I kept thinking Sam and Dean were going to turn out being two of the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse or something, then I got schooled.
    Spoiler:

  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in mah dickRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »

    Hoooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiit.

    Oh god, I can't unread what I have read.

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~

  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    5.63% of people >25 years old make 100k or more

    california dollars... or what? that number doesnt mean so much...

    what?

    in the US

    if you take all the people who are older than 25

    and you count up how much dollars they make

    5.63% make 100,000/year or more

    right. but given population distribution and regional wage distribution, i submit that number doesn't mean crap.

    it is significantly biased by high wages in densely populated areas.

    I just

    what?

    we were talking about how you have to be reach to move to another country

    and I am saying

    not a lot of americans make six figures

    and i agree. especially if you get outside of newyorkcity or la or anyother large metro. I was just saying that the number of americans effectively making six figures is probably larger, and frankly i don't know what... I think i got distracted from the expat talk and started thinking about how damn near impossible it is to move equity out of ohio without suffering huge quality of life losses...

    #someshit
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ugh, my Windows 7 RC is going to expire soon.

  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Johannen wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Johannen wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    glock 35 is stupid because it's chambered in .40 s&w

    if you regularly shoot that caliber you are bad and you should feel bad

    :<

    I don't know what calibers are and what the differences are bitches!

    Calibers are the measurement of a bullets diameter in inches. So a .40 caliber round is 4/10 of an inch in diameter.

    So, what difference does it make which size you shoot? I'm sure the larger size does more damage, but it's a piece of metal being fired at high velocity, why is it bad to shoot one over another?

    There is another aspect of it as well which roughly is the amount of force imparted by the gunpowder behind it. So each type of bullet behaves a little bit differently. Some will drop faster then others so they tend to be less accurate at longer ranges. It's all very small differences but with any hobby those small differences can be a source of impassioned discussion.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Skippy, Cody is small but it is gorgeous. Right next to Yellowstone in the mountains and has the Buffalo Bill museum which is awesome. Hell even Chu would like the gun collection there. But yeah Cheyenne is on the plains, has like 0 light pollution which is cool when you camp not when you are in the middle of a big city. It is like going to a place here in CO called Limon which is on the plains. There is a reason no one wants to move out there.

    Chu, I am like the opposite, if I am in a big city like New York or Tokyo I start going nuts after 3 days. But of course I grew up either in the country or suburbs but the house backs right into the mountains.

    I know but I am saying, you can't really just up and move to a small town

    you have to get moved there by your job or have family there or something

    their economies just aren't set up for easy moves in, you know?

    True, I think growing up in a small town for like the first half of life I forget things like that. But if anything you should take a trip there just to see how cool it is. Cheap road trip vacation thing.

    falasig.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
This discussion has been closed.