Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Can we talk about idiot social panic?

DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: GaderenRegistered User regular
edited February 2010 in Singularity Engine++
So at work today I've been spending all day reading different articles about idiots in various countries panicking that some relatively minor thing is going to destroy their life, rape their children, turn their children into hookers, rape the hookers, and then take their assault rifles and give them to socialist hookers.

AUSTRALIAN BULLSHIT PANIC: So apparently heaps of people over 40 think that the hypersexualized nature of pop music and billboards and shit is going to turn their little girls into whores. Nevermind that girls putting on makeup and pretending to be ladies (nowadays generally quite slutty ladies) has been going on forever. Because a whole bunch of 18-21 year olds think that when you go out to the club you gotta look like Fergie or something means they are just going to fuck a whole bunch of random guys and die of an STD? They are going to start doing it when they are FOURTEEN?

Honestly though I think most of the people on this board grew up watching an endless parade of pop stars gyrating constantly. Is Lady Gaga really any worse? Is she really going to destroy the minds of little girls everywhere?

AMERICAN BULLSHIT PANIC: Okay well the whole tea party thing is just crazy. People somehow hate big banks and think Obama is a communist and that the communists and the big banks are somehow in league? Does this make any sense?

AUSTRALIAN BULLSHIT PANIC #2: The internet and electronic media in general. This is basically the product of people who are in charge being afraid of technology they do not understand. Porn will destroy children. Video games will destroy children. Videogames and porn together will destroy society.

In summation: the socially conservative are terrible.

DodgeBlan on
OooOOOoOoOOOooOOOoOOOoOoOOoOOoOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo
·
«13456712

Posts

  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User
    edited February 2010
    yes they are.

    ·
  • YaYaYaYa Rick and Morty forever and ever 100 years! a100timesRickandMorty.comRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Australians are scared of everything

    it's conditioned into them after all the spiders and whatnot

    ·
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    glennbeckjpg.jpg

    ·
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    those tea bagger geese piss me off to no end and I don't know why

    also lurker every time you post I smile

    ·
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    How about the whole 2012 thing? That's annoying.

    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    nah what it is, it's news sources reporting on bullshit panic that's idiotic

    if you don't know shit about shit you're not going to worry about it

    but once you see it on the news and EXPERTS and stuff are being asked about it (read: the "experts" are the only people who give a fuck on the topic being discussed)

    oh noooooooooooo my precious babies

    ·
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    trentsteel wrote: »
    How about the whole 2012 thing? That's annoying.

    this, too

    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    and hey

    that whole thing about people over 40 thinking that the media is going to turn 14 year olds into sluts even though 14 year olds have been dressing like sluts since the beginning of time

    that whole thing

    the way 40 year olds NOW are thinking

    that's been happening since the beginning of time

    ·
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Australian Bullshit Panic #1 I think is a pretty global thing.

    Australian Bullshit Panic #2 is definitely happening here, but there are indications of it occurring in other countries currently and in the near future too.

    ·
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: GaderenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Basically they are all code for other issues:

    The sexualization of kids thing: People don't want to acknowledge that their children will one day be sexually active in this age of relatively open discussion of the topic.

    Tea baggers: basically fear that white people don't control the country.

    and people being afraid of technology they don't understand.

    OooOOOoOoOOOooOOOoOOOoOoOOoOOoOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo
    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    The sexualization of kids thing: People don't want to acknowledge that their children will one day be sexually active in this age of relatively open discussion of the topic.

    that is both global and not even specific to something that is happening now, it is always happening and probably will always happen

    ·
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If I ever have kids, I'll be happy to acknowledge the fact that they'll one day be sexually active, but it's probably the how and when that will worry me. I mean, I want my kids to be kids, I probably wouldn't appreciate them being bombarded with certain messages over and over again during the years when they're supposed to just be playing in dirt and making blanket forts.

    ·
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    those tea bagger geese piss me off to no end and I don't know why

    also lurker every time you post I smile

    because pretty much everything they say is either easily proven wrong by the outside world or by their own statements that contradict other ones kind of like religion lol

    also gaga destroying modern civilization would be p owny

    ·
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    panic you say

    do not ask for whom the snerd tolls
    ·
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hey is australia still passing that law that bans websites that feature small breasted women or female ejaculation

    because that's a pretty funny social panic

    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If I ever have kids, I'll be happy to acknowledge the fact that they'll one day be sexually active, but it's probably the how and when that will worry me. I mean, I want my kids to be kids, I probably wouldn't appreciate them being bombarded with certain messages over and over again during the years when they're supposed to just be playing in dirt and making blanket forts.

    oh man

    I want to make a blanket fort RIGHT NOW

    ·
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    If I ever have kids, I'll be happy to acknowledge the fact that they'll one day be sexually active, but it's probably the how and when that will worry me. I mean, I want my kids to be kids, I probably wouldn't appreciate them being bombarded with certain messages over and over again during the years when they're supposed to just be playing in dirt and making blanket forts.

    oh man

    I want to make a blanket fort RIGHT NOW

    Look, I don't wanna know what you and Blake get up to in your spare time.

    ·
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Basically kids should grow up the way I grew up which I definitely remember perfectly and not at all in an idealized fashion clouded by the fog of time.

    ·
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    hey is australia still passing that law that bans websites that feature small breasted women or female ejaculation

    because that's a pretty funny social panic

    oh shit I completely forgot about that

    something about small tits==under 18(how the fuck are these people in power, anyway?!)

    the other thing is because of golden showers(these guys are geese I swear to god)

    ·
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Look at me, all scared.

    ......


    Might do some work now.

    ·
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    hey is australia still passing that law that bans websites that feature small breasted women or female ejaculation

    because that's a pretty funny social panic

    oh shit I completely forgot about that

    something about small tits==under 18(how the fuck are these people in power, anyway?!)

    the other thing is because of golden showers(these guys are geese I swear to god)

    BECAUSE SOMEONE MADE THAT SHIT UP.

    ·
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2010
    If I ever have kids, I'll be happy to acknowledge the fact that they'll one day be sexually active, but it's probably the how and when that will worry me. I mean, I want my kids to be kids, I probably wouldn't appreciate them being bombarded with certain messages over and over again during the years when they're supposed to just be playing in dirt and making blanket forts.

    blanket forts to sodomize each other brutally in

    ·
  • WeaverWeaver Storm coming FinallyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So apparently heaps of people over 40 think that the hypersexualized nature of pop music and billboards and shit is going to turn their little girls into whores. Nevermind that girls putting on makeup and pretending to be ladies (nowadays generally quite slutty ladies) has been going on forever. Because a whole bunch of 18-21 year olds think that when you go out to the club you gotta look like Fergie or something means they are just going to fuck a whole bunch of random guys and die of an STD? They are going to start doing it when they are FOURTEEN?

    Have you even looked at youtube in the last two years

    7BLr6AJ.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic
    ·
  • redheadredhead Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    nah what it is, it's news sources reporting on bullshit panic that's idiotic

    if you don't know shit about shit you're not going to worry about it

    but once you see it on the news and EXPERTS and stuff are being asked about it (read: the "experts" are the only people who give a fuck on the topic being discussed)

    oh noooooooooooo my precious babies

    news sources carrying stories like that (____ will kill your children/destroy society) isn't idiotic at all, provided they're privately owned

    it's presumably going to make them money. they don't have to believe what they're reporting.

    which isn't to say i love the fact that this crap gets spread like this, but really, what are you going to do, institute a ban on reorting that seems to cater to old, socially conservative white folks? that kind of coverage will stick around as long as there's a market for it.

    ·
  • scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Fan death D:

    ·
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Basically kids should grow up the way I grew up which I definitely remember perfectly and not at all in an idealized fashion clouded by the fog of time.

    Idgi, is this a dig at me? Because I was a kid not that long ago, comparatively speaking, and I still remember those years pretty well.

    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    hey is australia still passing that law that bans websites that feature small breasted women or female ejaculation

    because that's a pretty funny social panic

    it's also a fake one

    ·
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    hey is australia still passing that law that bans websites that feature small breasted women or female ejaculation

    because that's a pretty funny social panic

    oh shit I completely forgot about that

    something about small tits==under 18(how the fuck are these people in power, anyway?!)

    the other thing is because of golden showers(these guys are geese I swear to god)

    BECAUSE SOMEONE MADE THAT SHIT UP.

    oh yea!

    jeeze if that was real I would have felt real bad for you guys

    well, more than I do now, anyway

    ·
  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man, I came into this thread thinking "Idiot Social Panic" was going to be the name of some kind of faggy politically conscious band

    ·
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    If I ever have kids, I'll be happy to acknowledge the fact that they'll one day be sexually active, but it's probably the how and when that will worry me. I mean, I want my kids to be kids, I probably wouldn't appreciate them being bombarded with certain messages over and over again during the years when they're supposed to just be playing in dirt and making blanket forts.

    oh man

    I want to make a blanket fort RIGHT NOW

    Look, I don't wanna know what you and Blake get up to in your spare time.

    pillow-fort.img_assist_custom.jpg

    Pretty sure my lounge room will always look like this when I'm older

    sig-1.jpg
    ·
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Enchanted Wizard Of Rhythm. Hit Me Again, Like The First Time.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think we should talk about penis panic

    907hny7wyv3d.png
    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Basically kids should grow up the way I grew up which I definitely remember perfectly and not at all in an idealized fashion clouded by the fog of time.

    best post on the subject

    ·
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2010
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    If I ever have kids, I'll be happy to acknowledge the fact that they'll one day be sexually active, but it's probably the how and when that will worry me. I mean, I want my kids to be kids, I probably wouldn't appreciate them being bombarded with certain messages over and over again during the years when they're supposed to just be playing in dirt and making blanket forts.

    blanket forts to sodomize each other brutally in

    every day 17,000,000 children brutally sodomize each other in blanket forts while worshiping satan's puckerhole

    ·
  • WeaverWeaver Storm coming FinallyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I grew up in a time where Madonna's Like a Virgin was the most risque thing around and junior high girls didn't get themselves expelled from school for passing around topless photos during class.

    edit: on their phonamajigs

    7BLr6AJ.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic
    ·
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Enchanted Wizard Of Rhythm. Hit Me Again, Like The First Time.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    L|ama wrote: »

    also known as PENIS PANIC

    907hny7wyv3d.png
    ·
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow And now you know why They call me Mr. PerfectRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I blame tramp stamps

    fx2q8hB.png?1
    No, no, no...that was perfect. | PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26
    ·
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Fan death is the best social panic ever

    ·
  • DubhDubh The scarf is nice Pizza SewersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm trying to figure out if I should get involved in this conversation

    think I already know the answer

    ·
«13456712
Sign In or Register to comment.