As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: A Series of Tubes (Map pack out now!)

• Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I use silenced ump on my stealth build. Works great, but I can't get the hang of shooting at long range. It jumps around a lot so I usually end up wounding guys but rarely get the kill.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    DrDreidelDrDreidel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I like to run a UMP with a silencer, Marathon, SP, and Steady Aim. I find myself shooting from the hip more often than not with it. The close range 2 hit kill is fabulous, but you have to resign yourself to the fact that you're probably not going to get many (if any) long range kills.

DrDreidel on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DrDreidel wrote: »
    I like to run a UMP with a silencer, Marathon, SP, and Steady Aim. I find myself shooting from the hip more often than not with it. The close range 2 hit kill is fabulous, but you have to resign yourself to the fact that you're probably not going to get many (if any) long range kills.

I run a silenced UMP with Marathon, Lightweight, and Steady Aim...with a SPAS-12 for a secondary.

I hardly even try for long range kills, the entire point is to get in close and hipfire them into oblivion, then kill their buddies because they don't even see the red dot moving it's way across their flank. If things get tricky, I whip out ol' Betsy and go to town.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I'm really enjoying Marathon,Hard Line,Steady Aim with a silenced ump 45. I run UAV/Care Package/Predator. It's not great for K:D but you can keep up UAV's pretty constantly for your team. Sometimes I'll switch out care package for counter uav if I don't feel like waiting for the drop. I wouldn't advise this on death match though, you are going to be dying alot.

solsovly on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm loving Hardline at the moment too. Running it with Scav Pro and SitRep, an AUG with grip and Harrier/Stealth Bomber (or Emergency Airdrop, depending on my mood)/EMP. A bit odd overall, but good times.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Ever tried substituting UMP for the mini uzi in that build? Absolutely my favorite for running and gunning. People seem to have a really had time tracking you (at least on 360) when you're circle strafing around them.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I feel like an ass liking OMA pro. Are they sure they meant to give OMA users infinite ammo on anything?

Ranced on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Akimbo anything is fucking idiotic. Of the 6 guys I just faced in a Highrise Domination match, at least 4 were using Akimbo G18's and simply violated everything. Everything.

Goddamnit.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ranced wrote: »
    I feel like an ass liking OMA pro. Are they sure they meant to give OMA users infinite ammo on anything?

It is a bit bizarre that you can reload the LMGs faster by doing a OMA rekit than by hitting the reload button.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Ranced wrote: »

It is a bit bizarre that you can reload the LMGs faster by doing a OMA rekit than by hitting the reload button.

This is a stupid fucking thing to do, though. You can cancel out of a reload, when reloading regularly. Without OMA, you have a secondary. Without OMA, you have Bling or SoH. If you use OMA on an LMG class, you're being a goose.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    nescientistnescientist Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Akimbo anything is fucking idiotic. Of the 6 guys I just faced in a Highrise Domination match, at least 4 were using Akimbo G18's and simply violated everything. Everything.

Goddamnit.

I need to be convinced, and it may take some doing, in order to use anything other than akimbo g18s or rafficas in my secondary slot. I think at this moment the only exception is two builds with stingers. The akimbo G18s are devastating at close range, but I've killed people way out beyond 1887 max range as well. Basically, they're OP.

EDIT: I wouldn't say akimbo anything though. I've had no luck at all with akimbo SMGs; they're less accurate than the glocks and hardly any more damaging. Besides, where the close-mid range machine pistols complement an AR or sniper beautifully, akimbo SMGs leave you pretty much completely focused on close-range encounters.

nescientist on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    donhonk on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So using this you could arm the ac130 with akimbo g-18s...

Arrath on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That's just a silly glitch.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MAKE IT SHOOT CARE PACKAGES THIS IS MY DREAM

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    MAKE IT SHOOT CARE PACKAGES THIS IS MY DREAM

Pussy.

Make it shoot Pavelows.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pussy.

MAKE IT SHOOT THROWING KNIVES

joshgotro on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    plinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplink

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is PSN down for anyone right now?

Algertman on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    plinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplinkplink

Oh god. I can only imagine how amazing it would look to see it from under a riot shield looking at the AC-130.

We'll fight in the shade.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »

Oh god. I can only imagine how amazing it would look to see it from under a riot shield looking at the AC-130.

We'll fight in the shade.

Or refer to 2:18 in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pwPlZEA-Aw

Love that crazy Irish guy.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Eight RooksEight Rooks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Algertman wrote: »
    Is PSN down for anyone right now?

PSN is down for a huge number of people right now, it seems, or at least there's a problem with trophy syncing meaning games won't start because they have to find trophy information first. Check the internets, it's already on several forums/gaming news sites (IGN, Gamespot, Joystiq etc.).

Eight Rooks on
    <AtlusParker> Sorry I'm playing Pokemon and vomiting at the same time so I'm not following the conversation in a linear fashion.

Read my book. (It has a robot in it.)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thankyou. Just gald my PS3 ain't dead.

Algertman on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Don't know if its been mentioned yet, but the guy that created the awesome and informative weapon charts for CoD4 and W@W has posted one for MW2.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

Edit: Unlocking Extended mags for the m1014 was a let down.

Arrath on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man so many people running around with G18s now.

I guess it is the new thing.

Which I wouldn't mind so much except that I'm getting killed from Assault Rifle range by the damned things.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    See I wouldn't know that because my system won't go on to PSN. Seems to be nobody at Sony knows what a calender is.

Algertman on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kelor wrote: »

Which I wouldn't mind so much except that I'm getting killed from Assault Rifle range by the damned things.

I just did this for the first time tonight, it's pretty funny. On quarry I got an ac130 before I used any of my other killstreaks using a single silenced g18 with marathon/lightweight.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    musanman wrote: »
    Kelor wrote: »

I just did this for the first time tonight, it's pretty funny. On quarry I got an ac130 before I used any of my other killstreaks using a single silenced g18 with marathon/lightweight.

I was running G18s back before it was cool.

Generally by rolling a sniper rifle, but only using it occasionally when the opportunity presented and largely run-n-gunning with the G18.

Which then became the G18s.

Akimbo G18s are like a damn anti-aircraft gun. Bullet hose. Stream of flailing death.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I want some akimbo stingers. That would makes sense.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    BoutrosBoutros Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    2200 rounds per minute for akimbo. That's just good clean fun.

Boutros on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with me? I got mastery for the Barett quite a while ago. As SOON as I was done, I switched over to the WA2000. Almost 400 kills later, red tiger camo, it's done too. So what do I do? Do i start killing mans with my now larger ammo supply? Of course not, I start fucking around with the intervention. WHY DO I TORMENT MYSELF SO?

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Insecurity sprayers I like to call 'em.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i started using the G18 cuz a bunch of people on hear said they loved it. its good yeah, but i rarely switch to my secondary, unless its major CC, so the SPAS is still my fave. akimbo G18s do make me hate scrapyard less though.

TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    G18s are for bitches.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm so bad at using any secondary that is not the Thumper.

Me and the Thumper, though, we get along just fine.

Kami on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fucking G18s. I love them so much when I'm sniping, but hate them so much when some prickwad decides to ventilate my asshole lovingly with a pair of them.

Robman on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SLyM wrote: »
    Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with me? I got mastery for the Barett quite a while ago. As SOON as I was done, I switched over to the WA2000. Almost 400 kills later, red tiger camo, it's done too. So what do I do? Do i start killing mans with my now larger ammo supply? Of course not, I start fucking around with the intervention. WHY DO I TORMENT MYSELF SO?

Yeah, I went to so much effort to master the AUG, and while I'm still using it, I'm just reverted back to the grip. I guess I mastered it for piece of mind.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kami wrote: »
    I'm so bad at using any secondary that is not the Thumper.

Me and the Thumper, though, we get along just fine.

The Thumper is civilization. I have a single class slot that hasn't budged from suppressed TAR21 and Thumper since the day I unlocked this formidable combination. It carries the name GrimReapingEquipment.
    Yeah, I went to so much effort to master the AUG, and while I'm still using it, I'm just reverted back to the grip. I guess I mastered it for piece of mind.

Yeah, the AUG is a laser with the grip, but without it, it's a totally different and inferior gun. A shame, since it's the LMG that comes the closest to challenging the ARs for supremacy on the battlefield.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not a big gun nut outside of video games, but considering the AUG family is quite popular in the Australian Defence Force, there is a bit of pride involved when using it.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SirToasty wrote: »
    G18s are for bitches.

The SPAS is for men.

Like the man your lady wishes you smelled like.

Ketar on