As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

White [chat]findel Sucks

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Why the hell do I keep getting Paragon points? I haven't done a single thing worthy of them.

Some quests/outcomes give you both, I know I got renegade points and I didn't do anything renegadish.

After every other dialogue, I get Paragon points on top of my usual renegade. Just because I used the middle option like once, and not for taking-stances dialogue either. It can just be a normal question, but because I was genuinely interested in knowing something and didn't go for the snide option - I must be a decent guy?

Well its not about being decent, its just that you weren't a raging silly goose. Honestly you can easily max one side over the other fairly early on.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    Blues, purples, whites, striped of the above + black/green, etc. I could check, but it's far away from me.

I do remember them all looking great in the mirror, so, hooray!

Nifty. Looking the part is about 25% of most jobs.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    that was fast

Things that you hear from the ladies alex?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I liked District 9. I didn't have any expectations, which always helps.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2010
    Now I just need a haircut.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey preacher,

yo momma so silly goose, she silly goosed her chair with silly goose.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Why the hell do I keep getting Paragon points? I haven't done a single thing worthy of them.

Some quests/outcomes give you both, I know I got renegade points and I didn't do anything renegadish.

After every other dialogue, I get Paragon points on top of my usual renegade. Just because I used the middle option like once, and not for taking-stances dialogue either. It can just be a normal question, but because I was genuinely interested in knowing something and didn't go for the snide option - I must be a decent guy?

Well its not about being decent, its just that you weren't a raging silly goose. Honestly you can easily max one side over the other fairly early on.

What I'm worried about is that most powers enhance Paragon/Renegade points like 5%-10% when you "level up". I'm not interested in having paragon points, but nooooow when I level up they'll be added to plentifully as well.

:x

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I liked District 9. I didn't have any expectations, which always helps.

That does help. My complains are all about dashed expectations.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The silly goose rule is confusing when it comes to more abstract descriptions.

Like am I allowed to say that a class I took was dumb? Things like that.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

What I'm worried about is that most powers enhance Paragon/Renegade points like 5%-10% when you "level up". I'm not interested in having paragon points, but nooooow when I level up they'll be added to plentifully as well.

:x

Those just flat increase your current pool of paragon renegade, not the accumulation of them.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    So apparently the Turkish coup wasn't a coup to keep Turkey secular but was, instead, a coup to prompt a war with Greece. Stay classy, Turkey.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010

yeah that is fine.

ultimately there are going to be grey cases in which it is a judgment call, but the rule of thumb is that if you are intending a term as an invective towards an individual then it should be "silly goose"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

yes because a class can't be insulted.

the annoying part is that you apparantly can't insult people you work with or people who drive terribly for some reason.

or celebrities or politicians or etc etc.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    There was a coup in Turkey?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Whoah weird. There was a post by Feral but it was all grayed out and said "This message was deleted by ."

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah that's what I meant.

Honk on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Going to a craft store.

Be terrible to each other, [chat].

Sarksus on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Whoah weird. There was a post by Feral but it was all grayed out and said "This message was deleted by ."

That's because I deleted it.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

yeah that is fine.

ultimately there are going to be grey cases in which it is a judgment call, but the rule of thumb is that if you are intending a term as an invective towards an individual then it should be "silly goose"

What if I had a hard fought battle with a video game, must I now regale that part as goosery?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

I think they're just debacling.

Honk on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Feral wrote: »

I've just never seen evidence of a deleted post linger like that before.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Yeah thanksgiving got cancelled.

Thank you try the soup.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I think they're just debacling.

They're cooking up some Turkey fracassee

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2010

you mean....

you...

you see dead posts...?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is it wrong I think Leela is hot?

WMain00 on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010

yeah that is fine.

What is an individual?

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

yeah that is fine.

That makes sense, and is sorta what I figured. But Tube's post said "in any context" which made me wonder.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I wonder if we'll be allowed to quote movies that have insults in them, or will we have to modify those as well?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »

Going to go with "probably" here.

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

you mean....

you...

you see dead posts...?

The dead post that recognized he sees dead posts was, in fact, a dead post all along...

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

she has 1 eye.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Attempted. The government arrested a bunch of military officers who were apparently planning to bomb mosques to sow discord.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    So apparently the Turkish coup wasn't a coup to keep Turkey secular but was, instead, a coup to prompt a war with Greece. Stay classy, Turkey.

According to this article the war with Greece was meant to further destabilize the government. Two separate actions for the same goal.
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Going to a craft store.

Be terrible to each other, [chat].

You're doing it wrong. :P

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Seek help.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I wonder if we'll be allowed to quote movies that have insults in them, or will we have to modify those as well?

Do you feel lucky?
    Well do you, silly goose?

_J_ on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The silly goose rule is the best rule. That is all.

desc on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010

According to the internet there was an attempt. They were going to bomb mosques to weaken the government and allow the military to step in, and then shoot down Turkish planes, blame it on Greece, and declare war.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Attempted. The government arrested a bunch of military officers who were apparently planning to bomb mosques to sow discord.

discord is not gonna make a fat turkey.

they should try corn.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wait, my post wasn't aimed at an individual, I was jokingly insulting everyone. Thanks for the infraction though, definitely necessary.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

According to the internet there was an attempt. They were going to bomb mosques to weaken the government and allow the military to step in, and then shoot down Turkish planes, blame it on Greece, and declare war.

What part of the internet is saying this?

_J_ on
This discussion has been closed.