Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Running Civ 4 on Windows 7

silence1186silence1186 Character shields down!As a wingmanRegistered User regular
edited February 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I didn't want to interrupt the Civ 5 thread or the LP Civ 4 thread, so here's a new thread.

I recently installed Civ 4 on my laptop (which runs Win 7). I played a game with the 1.000 version, but there were some problems with adjusting the Audio/Visual settings, so I decided to patch. After patching, the game won't even launch. Has anyone had a similar problem? Is this problem with Civ or Windows? Has either released something that will allow them to coexist, and make the game playable?

Much obliged for any help offered.

silence1186 on
Say what you mean, and mean what you say