As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Japanimation] Pedophiles of America UNITE!

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    I did not see Gurren Lagann. Again, I stopped paying attention to Anime around the time Naruto was picked up for US distrobution. That was also around the time I had to start getting up early for work, and couldn't catch whatever new anime was on the Adult Swim. Also, when I lost contact with my weeaboo friend that hooked me up with all the new fansubs. So, I've been out of touch.

*edit* I just remembered that I never finished Lain or Witch Hunter Robin. I should go back and try to watch those again.

Well okay then you should watch Gurren Lagann

Dub is okay but sub has this awesome Japanese dude who is seriously the best at yelling

People in Gurren Lagann are without a doubt the best yellers ever.

Simon>Kamina though. By a mile.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I did not see Gurren Lagann. Again, I stopped paying attention to Anime around the time Naruto was picked up for US distrobution. That was also around the time I had to start getting up early for work, and couldn't catch whatever new anime was on the Adult Swim. Also, when I lost contact with my weeaboo friend that hooked me up with all the new fansubs. So, I've been out of touch.

*edit* I just remembered that I never finished Lain or Witch Hunter Robin. I should go back and try to watch those again.

Dub is okay but sub has this awesome Japanese dude who is seriously the best at yelling

I've never said holy shit as much as I did while watching it. Every single damn time you think, "nope no topping this, this is as crazy awesome as it gets," they do.

Falx on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Streaming started.
    http://www.bakemonogatari.com/strm/

Those of us who put skill points in Moonspeak may now commence the gloating.

No spoilers please.

Falx on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey, anyone here reading Hoshi no Samidere- otherwise known as The Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer? It is the chillest impending apocalypse around.

Until, that is, he is saved by the princess herself. At first glance Samidare seems like a good natured 16 year old, except that her plan is actually to crack the planet asunder with her own two hands, and she'll be damned if some upstart Magus is going to get in her way.

Yuuhi swears immediate and absolute fealty to her.

So it's like Sands of Destruction?

I missed the Blu-Ray talk in the last thread, but a good Blu-Ray transfer is a huge improvement. That's only for good transfers, but there are releases that are just upscaled versions, like many of the Funimation Blu-Rays like Claymore.

Watching Rosario+Vampire in Blu-Ray is like a whole new world.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Falx wrote: »
    Streaming started.

No spoilers please.
    I translated a bit of it for you
    We're sorry. Our current service is not available in your country.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Streaming started.

No spoilers please.
    I translated a bit of it for you
    We're sorry. Our current service is not available in your country.

I'm sorry, but that was hilarious.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Page- wrote: »
    I wouldn't know.

I still kind of doubt it.

I'm talking full on Lovecraft though.

I want The Colour Out of Space OVA.

I'd even settle for a goofy reinterpretation of Herbert West: Reanimator. He always gets the goofy treatment.

You guys can stop remembering. It's not a problem for me.

Although I do need to look.

Ugh. Giant robots? Is there anything they can't ruin?

Is that the one where the necronomicon is a fucking loli.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    IaculusIaculus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    FCD wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    subaruginga-faceoff-resized.jpg

When I look at this pic, I imagine them slamming their fists together and yelling "THE EAST, THAT IS BURNING RED!"

This is appropriate.

Iaculus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The cutest engines of raw destruction.

Falx on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I've never said holy shit as much as I did while watching it. Every single damn time you think, "nope no topping this, this is as crazy awesome as it gets," they do.

Eh. The sub has a much better Kamina, but the dub's Leeron is head over heals better than the sub's. Besides that they're equal.

And yes, every episode tops the last. Until you get to the end of the series where every episode tops itself.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd like to note that those who don't think Blu-ray gives an improvement haven't really seen a blu-ray side to side with DVD picture quality. There really is a big difference, even in animation.

I've been following Durarara, up to episode 4 so far:
    Is a Dullahan like a grim reaper or a wandering soul? Something like that? ep.4 gave me that impression, but what does the blood symbolize? Is that like a marker or something, what's it's singnificance?

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    emnmnme on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wait, is that the sound of more Bakemonogatori episodes?

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    darksteel wrote: »
    Chen wrote: »
    I think the worst eyes I ever did see were on Air. I swear, the girl characters there must have had like 180 degree vision the way their eyes were spaced. Fucking reptiles.
    kamichamakarin.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

WHAT IS IT LOOKING AT

WHAT IS IT LOOKING AT

Iaculus on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Both sides of the street, to better locate prey.

yalborap on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    If you're a fan of people being shot in visually entertaining ways, I'd highly recommend Black Lagoon. It's modern day pirates on the South Seas. To paraphrase what Patton Oswalt said about Jason Statham: "You won't learn shit about the human condition, or feel a collective connection with the brotherhood of man. But if you (watch this show), (it) will fuck an explosion while a Slayer song plays".

And watch the dub. Trust me, the dub is superior.

But what's not to like about someone yelling "AHHHHHHHHH PEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    NovidNovid Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Iaculus wrote: »
    FCD wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    subaruginga-faceoff-resized.jpg

When I look at this pic, I imagine them slamming their fists together and yelling "THE EAST, THAT IS BURNING RED!"

This is appropriate.

Every time i see Nahoha and i just go and say...

The US dubbers are some dumb fucks. DUMB fucks. Nahoha got everything they want and they STILL cant sell shit.

Novid on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think the worst eyes I ever did see were on Air. I swear, the girl characters there must have had like 180 degree vision the way their eyes were spaced. Fucking reptiles.
    kamichamakarin.jpg

WHAT IS IT LOOKING AT

WHAT IS IT LOOKING AT

wow, thats almost Lovecraftian...

Novid on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That is horrific.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey how come Oliveoil gets the least weeaboo prize.

I don't even like Gurren Lagaan or Black Lagoon.

Or is that why?

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Novid wrote: »
    kamichamakarin.jpg

WHAT IS IT LOOKING AT

WHAT IS IT LOOKING AT

wow, thats almost Lovecraftian...

QUALITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

Or is that why?

8-)

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pfft Oliveaw is totally a closet weaboo. He talks tough but then he has his special sailor moon costume nobody is allowed to talk about.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pfft Oliveaw is totally a closet weaboo. He talks tough but then he has his special sailor moon costume nobody is allowed to talk about.

It makes him feel pretty.

Iaculus on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd like to note that those who don't think Blu-ray gives an improvement haven't really seen a blu-ray side to side with DVD picture quality. There really is a big difference, even in animation.

I've been following Durarara, up to episode 4 so far:
    Is a Dullahan like a grim reaper or a wandering soul? Something like that? ep.4 gave me that impression, but what does the blood symbolize? Is that like a marker or something, what's it's singnificance?
    blood symbolizes the irish being fucking crazy, that's what

but seriously, irish mythological figures were by and large nasty things, and the dullahan was relatively benign

it's just that if you weren't the person it planned to visit and got in its way (or in its line of sight) as it passed, it would throw a basin of blood on you in anger

usually the blood meant you were marked to be visited by it next, but DRRR glosses over that point

Rust on
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ah, that clears that up. I almost forgot what I was asking though cause JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR THOSE EYES

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Or is that why?

8-)

It's all coming together.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Eh. The sub has a much better Kamina, but the dub's Leeron is head over heals better than the sub's.

Salmon'd for lies. A lisp is never appropriate unless there is some physical deformity with the character's mouth that could cause it.

Never.

I will admit that the blooper reel was pretty damned funny with him, though.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    B:L wrote: »

Considering just how much of R+V is devoted to panty shots, this comment is rather disturbing.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »

Considering just how much of R+V is devoted to panty shots, this comment is rather intriguing.

I regret nothing.

Well, that's not true.

I really should finish sketchbook !~ranDoM punctuat!on--.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Considering just how much of R+V is devoted to panty shots, this comment is rather disturbing.

Blu-ray edition has some detailed cameltoe upgrades?

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I was referring to the smooth animation but whatever floats your boat.

The lossless audio of Blu-Ray is a huge plus too, since Rosario+Vampire had a great soundtrack.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I was referring to the smooth animation but whatever floats your boat.

The lossless audio of Blu-Ray is a huge plus too, since Rosario+Vampire had a great soundtrack.

The music quality of most series has been from good, to outstanding to why these motherfuckers dont get a record deal over the last few years while the anime has been hit or miss (mostly miss)

Novid on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Goddamned bi-monthly manga.

yalborap on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    If you're a fan of people being shot in visually entertaining ways, I'd highly recommend Black Lagoon. It's modern day pirates on the South Seas. To paraphrase what Patton Oswalt said about Jason Statham: "You won't learn shit about the human condition, or feel a collective connection with the brotherhood of man. But if you (watch this show), (it) will fuck an explosion while a Slayer song plays".

And watch the dub. Trust me, the dub is superior.

But what's not to like about someone yelling "AHHHHHHHHH PEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

I am pure Tie-Wahn-Neez

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    JouleJoule Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    yalborap wrote: »

As in every two months? I don't mind it if there's a lot of pages every release but Chatting at the Amber Teahouse is like 9~ pages every 4~ months. D:

Joule on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    yalborap wrote: »

New Berserk this week!

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    kamichamakarin.jpg

WHAT IS IT LOOKING AT

WHAT IS IT LOOKING AT

EVERYTHING

It must be an herbivore. Eyes on the side of the head and a small mouth.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Unless it's evolved to appear harmless, in order to better attract prey.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    kamicha_venom.jpg

WHAT IS IT LOOKING AT

WHAT IS IT LOOKING AT

EVERYTHING

It must be an herbivore. Eyes on the side of the head and a small mouth.

>.>

Houn on