Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Maid RPG on IRC] Maid Sentai Maidenranger Go!

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, that was certainly interesting. Brainstorming ideas for other uses of the MRPG system is kinda difficult.

• BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Well, that was certainly interesting. Brainstorming ideas for other uses of the MRPG system is kinda difficult.

I maintain that a Negima game using Maid would be awesome.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bremen wrote: »

As would R+V.

But don't tell B:L.

:winky:

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bremen wrote: »

As would R+V.

But don't tell B:L.

:winky:

No, tell BL so he'll run it and I can be Tsukune.

Special Qualities: Secretly a Human!

edited March 2010
    It really is scary how well the system fits R+V. Just looking through the rules it even covers the Rosario around Moka's neck as an "Unsealing" item.

There are a couple tweaks to be made but it could be an interesting game for the future.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Being silly geese in a Rosario + Vampire universe is a perfect application of Maid RPG.

• samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User
    edited March 2010
    I'd play it. We would have to make a monster table...

Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, some times I just want to get my farm in shape without being bothered by green explosive dildos.
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Played this game at MACE last go around and it was absolutely epic

I was a vampire doing bridal training, and the girl next to me was a were-marmont cyborg whose stress break was racing.

Our master was Dr. Frank N. Futer.

When I get some time off class, I would love to join you guys on IRC sometime. My local gamers aren't man enough to put on a maid uniform.

steam_sig.png

• simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd play it. We would have to make a monster table...

There is a monster table, silly goose. A limited one, but it still exists.

Next game is scheduled for 10am tomorrow (in my correct time zone), with a second session at 2pm reserved for another episode of Phalla Palace.

Uj3Ujoh.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Kias wrote: »
    Played this game at MACE last go around and it was absolutely epic

I was a vampire doing bridal training, and the girl next to me was a were-marmont cyborg whose stress break was racing.

Our master was Dr. Frank N. Futer.

When I get some time off class, I would love to join you guys on IRC sometime. My local gamers aren't man enough to put on a maid uniform.

I read that as Frank N. Futa and I was like O.O

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds is pumped-up. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So... When's the Negima/R+V style game, who's running it, and who do I have to kill to be guaranteed a spot?

// FF14: Phyress Traydor, Spoony Bard @ Sargatanas //
    // PSN: vagrant_winds // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 //
    // Steam, LoL, & WiiU: VWinds // Livestream //
    edited March 2010
    So... When's the Negima/R+V style game, who's running it, and who do I have to kill to be guaranteed a spot?

I have no idea...is it selfish to refuse to run it because I want to play in it?

edited March 2010

I have no idea...is it selfish to refuse to run it because I want to play in it?

Yes.

Run it after simon's game later. You have like... 8 hours to prepare, go.

• SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [03:45] <simonwolf> Let Spec and Blarn know I might have to reschedule for tomorrow

ffffffffff

(no, it's for a good reason. hope everything is okay simon)

• simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Haha

I am back now, everything is okay, game continues as planned

Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Since circumstances beyond simon's control occurred, we played our own game!

'The Master Has Amnesia?!'

Characters
    Spoiler:
    Episodes
    Spoiler:

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    edited March 2010
    I'm not quite sure what happened. But something sure happened. Still haven't fixed that problem though.

• SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not quite sure what happened. But something sure happened. Still haven't fixed that problem though.
    *I* happened, that's what!

No, problem still not yet fixed, though. =(

edited March 2010
    Suspects are everywhere! Shohei is a pervert! What will happen next? Who knows!

edited May 2010
    "There's been an incident," the master told you, in the back of the armoured van.

An incident. The light way of putting it.

You've been an agent of the organisation 'Maid Sentai Maidenranger' for a while, now. Master Saimon Okami is your contact, the one who hired you to work in his mansion. The one who gave you the Maiden Suit so you could become a super-maid, capable of things well beyond the limits of a normal maid. The one who told you that you had a duty, now, to protect the people of X-City.

"They've attacked the mansion," the master said, "My secret mansion. My archive of items, tools, objects that should be locked in Warehouse 13 for the safety of the world. They're in control of it."

You never saw it coming. They'd jack a bus of kindergarteners, or poison the reservoir - small time stuff, so you let your guard down. Maybe that was their plan all along to make you underestimate them before they struck. They always seemed so... stupid. When did they improve so much?

"There's only one thing we can do."

The master hits the button on the van wall, and the Maiden Suits are revealed.

"Take the mansion back," the master shouts, "Take off your mundane maid uniforms, give a heroic cry, and don the Maiden Suits!"
    Maid Board Game:
    Maidenrangers of Love and Justice

maidboardgame.jpg

Alright, guys, this is the revival of Maid RPG on IRC. To celebrate, I'm running Maid Board Game. There's some extra rules for this game that you guys will need to know, so here's the extra rules:
    Spoiler:

As usual, the game will run in #cfgames on Slashnet.

Game will run at [strike]8pm[/strike] 9pm EST on Tuesday the 11th of May, with a possible second session on the 12th.

This game will require an all new cast of maids! I encourage people to get into the IRC and make characters early, but the spots on the actual day will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis - however, people with pre-genned maids will get higher priority over people who just turn up..

See you then!

[[this space reserved for maids]

Uj3Ujoh.jpg
    edited May 2010
    9PM? Yesssssssssssssss

edited May 2010
    Pretty sure it says 9pm, Delmain, what are you talking about

Uj3Ujoh.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it does, what are you asking about?

edited May 2010
    Oh, one more thing:

When rolling on the Big Item List, any dupes will be re-rolled, and any items that already exist within the mansion will be re-rolled. So if a maid has already found the Crocodile That Doesn't Look Like A Crocodile, and another maid rolls it? Tough luck, you have to reroll that!

Items which are Facilities will stay in the same room they were found in, and can't be transported around.

Oh, and Curse items? They're automatically equipped to you, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Let's do it. Again.

OH GOD CRITICAL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    edited May 2010
    Critical won't be hurting anyone, anymore, it seems.

Tell him about the rabbits, Advent.

Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited May 2010
    I'm in, picking between sickly vampire maid and elfin cyborg heroine maid.

huntresssig.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Japan's Greatest Import Proto Neo TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sentai and maids? Awesome! I asked for that day off work to pick up 3D Dot Game Heroes, but this could be even more fun!

Is it preferred that you go to the IRC and make a character with someone in particular watching (the random rolling is hilarious even if you don't actually play) or is it better to just show up with one already made by yourself?

steam_sig.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    my maid is the best thing

edited May 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Sentai and maids? Awesome! I asked for that day off work to pick up 3D Dot Game Heroes, but this could be even more fun!

Is it preferred that you go to the IRC and make a character with someone in particular watching (the random rolling is hilarious even if you don't actually play) or is it better to just show up with one already made by yourself?

Hit up IRC and get Simonwolf to run chargen for you. That'd be best, I imagine.

edited May 2010
    my maid is the best thing

my maid is the better thing

huntresssig.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Japan's Greatest Import Proto Neo TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alright, I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when he's online, I suppose...

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    I am online all the time

Uj3Ujoh.jpg
    edited May 2010
    The bubble by your avatar is lying to me, then.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    his love cannon is permanently primed, you might say

huntresssig.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    The bubble by your avatar is lying to me, then.

i am invisible

ooooooooo

Uj3Ujoh.jpg
    edited May 2010
    oh god more rules while I think of them

Here's some information about the mansion!

The mansion has two facilities, which are the following:
    Secret Passages: The mansion is full of secret passages. Roll on the mansion’s encounter table to find out who you run into.
    Laboratory: A rather suspicious-looking laboratory. The cost of the Scientist costume change is halved (round down).

but wait, there's more

Scientist costume change? Simon, tell me more!
    Spoiler:

So what does all this mean!

It means you'll have two ways to gain random items - searching a room, or wearing the Scientist costume and inventing an item! A bonus, indeed. But changing into the Scientist costume has a few downsides, and it'll cost 10 Stress to change back into your maid outfit.

Regarding the secret passages - the way this will work is that, instead of moving one square during the movement phase, you enter the secret passages and roll on the encounter table to see with whom you end up. The encounter table, by the way, will look like this:

1 - The Master
    2 - Maid #1
    3 - Maid #2
    4 - Maid #3
    5 - Maid #4
    6 - THE ARACHNID

Rerolling your own maid, of course! If you hit another maid who has entered the passages, you'll both travel together and end up at the same square. And if you end up with the Arachnid, and you're alone? God help us all.

a complicated game, indeed

Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • summerycleptsummeryclept Registered User
    edited May 2010
    monsieur simon - i'm leaving board game night at the FLGS precisely at 8 o'clock and it's like twenty minutes to get home

if my spot is not open, you will get dicked in the face

edited May 2010
    Yeah... funny story 'bout that.

edited May 2010
    There are no reserved spots!

When it hits 11am, I'll ask a question - the first four people to answer the question correctly will get the spots! It's so simple.

Uj3Ujoh.jpg