As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX Schedule is live!

• Options
    KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    sedarious wrote: »
    What?!?!? No pac-man.....?
    Then who will Gabe grapple?!

Knoland on
    PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
  • Options
    loserishloserish Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sweet, thanks for posting the sked here Mentok. <3

loserish on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    WhereMyArm wrote: »
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    WhereMyArm wrote: »
    That would be cool if someone could mirror that PDF or the info from paxsite.com into a post here, I'm at work too and can't get at it either.

How about a giant 1813x1529 picture of it?
    giantgridpicl.png

Super <3.

What is this "jam space" the schedule speaks of? The mention of chiptunes intrigues me.

More or less open mic jamming provided by MAGFest. Full details here:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=107382

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Are these really the omegathon rounds? They seem kind of... unpax like... Wheres the new games?

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    Omegathon rounds have rarely been new games.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    A PAX Map will be released soon.

That's what I'm waiting for. So I can know who is where, setup interviews, then make plans to attend various panels around whatever open time I have left.

atiari on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    For those of you that are in the terrible situation of deciding between two (or more) panels at any given time, check out the current schedule for my film crew in the first post in this thread. We can only film so much, but hopefully it can help some of you make those decisions, so you can watch one live then watch the other in a couple months!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Omegathon rounds have rarely been new games.

I think he meant games that have not been played in the Omegathon before, not games that have come out recently.
    I also could be totally wrong.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    In that instance, PAX East is a mostly new audience, so it's new to them and that's good enough.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Admiral AckbarAdmiral Ackbar Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Why does the Enforcement on "Xbox LIVE: Tales from the Din Part 2" have a part 2 after it? Is there really a part 1 or is that a psyche out?

Also, I'l looking for soem advice about the concerts. i'm minterested inm listening to the protomen. but not much else. Since they're first on the list will they really go first? I guess I should get a braclet to make sure I can get in but I guess I can give the bracelet away after they perform.

Admiral Ackbar on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    "Typically" the order the bands play is the same as the list on the schedule, so it looks like they will play first. Also the wrist band just guarantees you early entry, they start letting other people without wrist bands in before the concert actually starts so it wont matter after the first band is done.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    XenoveritasXenoveritas Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    I've made an iCal file containing a weird mix from that PDF and the original web page. This should work in (most) calendar programs - I've tried it with Outlook 2007 and iCal itself, and it worked in those, so, it'll probably work in most...

Annoyingly, it appears that the way I did it most of the location information was lost. Grr. I'll probably be updating it later to hopefully be more useful, but I'm hoping it'll be useful for those of us with smartphones that support calendar syncing. :)

Xenoveritas on
  • Options
    cwood154cwood154 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I added every event from the PDF schedule into my outlook web access, I'll be able to link to a .csv file tomorrow when I get to work for anyone who wants to load it into their outlook or gmail calender. (Can't export from OWA unfortunately)

cwood154 on
  • Options
    TombombTombomb Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Why does the Enforcement on "Xbox LIVE: Tales from the Din Part 2" have a part 2 after it? Is there really a part 1 or is that a psyche out?

Also, I'l looking for soem advice about the concerts. i'm minterested inm listening to the protomen. but not much else. Since they're first on the list will they really go first? I guess I should get a braclet to make sure I can get in but I guess I can give the bracelet away after they perform.

Stepto has said on the MajorNelson podcast that this is part 2 to the one that he did last year at pax.

Tombomb on
  • Options
    Admiral AckbarAdmiral Ackbar Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thanks.

Admiral Ackbar on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Metroid Metal is unbelievably awesome, and you likely don't want to miss them.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tombomb wrote: »

Stepto has said on the MajorNelson podcast that this is part 2 to the one that he did last year at pax.

Ya it is really just stepto being cute also think its cause he wanted people to realize its not the exact repeat of what occurred at prime.

Singollo on
  • Options
    niq24601niq24601 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is the list of tourneys in the tournament schedule final or is there any chance for other coughROCKBANDcough tournaments?

niq24601 on
    niq24601.jpg
    "gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Like I said I would, I uploaded the entire schedule in a .csv file on filefactory. The site is a little abrasive on the eyes with all the flashy ads but it's a free file host so what can you expect.

The URL and download steps are:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b05ed25/n/PAX.CSV

1) Scroll down to "DOWNLOAD NOW with FileFactory Basic" (It's a button)
    2) On the new page, scroll down again and wait the 30 seconds it makes you wait if you are a free user
    3) After 30 seconds "Download with FileFactory Basic" will appear as a Hyperlink where the timer was
    4) Click to download the file :)

How do you use this file?

Google Calender Import Instructions

Outlook Calender Import Instructions (The URL is for importing "contacts" but the steps are universal for .csv files)

Enjoy!

cwood154 on
  • Options
    inecatherinecather Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Does anyone know if there will be rooms set aside for Boardgame, Console, or PC freeplay? I see a few allotments of time scattered through the schedule - but at last years PAX main there were rooms designated to freeplay.

inecather on
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    We still have our freeplay areas :)

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    heels wrote: »

Oh good - thank you!!

inecather on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    inecather wrote: »
    heels wrote: »

Oh good - thank you!!

They're not in the schedule because they are open for ALL of PAX. :)

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    347studboy347studboy http://goo.gl/Wd4idRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    cwood154 wrote: »
    Like I said I would, I uploaded the entire schedule in a .csv file on filefactory. The site is a little abrasive on the eyes with all the flashy ads but it's a free file host so what can you expect.

2) On the new page, scroll down again and wait the 30 seconds it makes you wait if you are a free user
    3) After 30 seconds "Download with FileFactory Basic" will appear as a Hyperlink where the timer was

Outlook Calender Import Instructions (The URL is for importing "contacts" but the steps are universal for .csv files)

Enjoy!

Do you mind if I use your CSV file to update the public Google Calendar I already started for PAX East? I think a calendar that can be updated and synchronized to people in realtime (and over-the-air for some) would be incredibly useful.

If you'd like, I will even give you admin privileges on this public calendar, so you still have control over your work. :p

347studboy on
    PAX East Google Calendar!

I'll see you at PAX East!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Liger wrote: »
    They're not in the schedule because they are open for ALL of PAX. :)

I remember there being room(s) on the schedule for last year (with all the time allotted for free play) but that may have been on the final book that we got while actually there.

It was my favorite part of PAX- so I got a bit nervous when I didn't see it!

inecather on
  • Options
    DachandeDachande Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Maybe someone who's been to an earlier PAX can answer this for me:

The "Main Hall" events seem to be some of the big ticket items (Q&A with Gabe/Tycho, Wil for the Keynote, NVIDIA demonstration, concerts, etc...). How long in advance should we be lining up for these? I mean, if you want to go to back-to-back "Main Hall" events, should you just leave the hall and line up again immediately? I guess I'm just wondering how much other stuff I'll have to plan on missing out on if I want to get into one or more of these "Mail Hall" events, :-/

/edited for typo

Dachande on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    My schedule is live!
    You no longer have to wonder where mentok will be and what he will be doing during PAX. :mrgreen:
    paxschedule.png

How come no one else is posting their schedule?
    Are you all paranoid or are you just intensely private people?

See, I need to know where Queen Brewer and Arco are at all times or I start to hyperventilate.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Forgive my noobness, but for the tournaments, if they're scheduled to go on for ~6 hours or so, like the TF2 one, will we have to stay in that area the whole time? Basically, was wondering if we play a match, then can go around the freeplay area for a bit, or a panel, and come back at a specific time for our next match? Or is it pretty constant until you're eliminated or something?

Also, TF2 Tourney or NVIDIA panel? So conflicted.

Geod on
  • Options
    ghrogghrog Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Geod wrote: »
    Forgive my noobness, but for the tournaments, if they're scheduled to go on for ~6 hours or so, like the TF2 one, will we have to stay in that area the whole time? Basically, was wondering if we play a match, then can go around the freeplay area for a bit, or a panel, and come back at a specific time for our next match? Or is it pretty constant until you're eliminated or something?

Also, TF2 Tourney or NVIDIA panel? So conflicted.

We play matchdes
    Until we're done.
    WE'LL DO IT LIVE.

If you're not playing, that means that you lost. Or you didn't sign up for the tournament.

ghrog on
    PAX PC-Tournament Admin | http://www.bellinghamlan.com
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is there a list of tournaments going on during PAX East?

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yes Here :lol: hope that helped

Singollo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I feel as if I missed a PDF somewhere :P

Are these official tourneys run by PAX or just suggestion type things?
    AKA, prizes for winners? or bragging rights?

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    ghrogghrog Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Prizes and bragging rights
    ;x

ghrog on
    PAX PC-Tournament Admin | http://www.bellinghamlan.com
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    347studboy wrote: »

Enjoy!

Do you mind if I use your CSV file to update the public Google Calendar I already started for PAX East? I think a calendar that can be updated and synchronized to people in realtime (and over-the-air for some) would be incredibly useful.

If you'd like, I will even give you admin privileges on this public calendar, so you still have control over your work. :p

Feel free to use it! It's there to help.

cwood154 on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mentok: Here's my schedule!
    Thursday - fly in, setup, check in, more setup, party
    Friday - PAX
    Saturday - PAX
    Sunday - PAX
    Monday - teardown, dip in the pool, party
    Tuesday - fly home

I left some space on Friday-Sunday in case anything happens after PAX. ;)

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ghrog wrote: »
    Prizes and bragging rights
    ;x

Sah-weet.
    Tetris DS and Mario Kart DS.
    Watch out 8-)

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
  • Options
    CanadianCanadian Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am trying to add each event into my Google Calendar, well actually correcting the times of the events because when using someone's file, all of the events are shown three hours prior to the times on the schedule. Anyway, the "It's Got A Good Beat, And I Can Kill Zombies To It" event is said to be at 3:00pm Friday, on the grid calendar. However, on the text calendar it is scheduled at 3:30pm Friday. Can someone fix that / post the correct time. Also, this is kind of s stupid question, but, the times stated on the calendar are in the Eastern Timezone (Boston time), correct?

Canadian on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Canadian wrote: »
    I am trying to add each event into my Google Calendar, well actually correcting the times of the events because when using someone's file, all of the events are shown three hours prior to the times on the schedule. Anyway, the "It's Got A Good Beat, And I Can Kill Zombies To It" event is said to be at 3:00pm Friday, on the grid calendar. However, on the text calendar it is scheduled at 3:30pm Friday. Can someone fix that / post the correct time. Also, this is kind of s stupid question, but, the times stated on the calendar are in the Eastern Timezone (Boston time), correct?

Yes local time to the convention.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    spyriousspyrious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Enjoy!

Awesome. Thanks cwood.

In case you prefer Entourage to iCal, there's no direct way to import the .csv file, as Entourage doesn't recognize them. If you try to, it will just put all of the events in your contacts folder. There is a work-around though:

1. Download the .csv file that cwood so graciously provided us with.
    2. Follow the instructions to import the file into your Google calendar
    3. In Google calendar, go to settings/calendar/export calendar
    4. Find and unzip the .ics file that you exported
    5. Drag the .ics file to the Entourage icon

This should update your Entourage calendar, but it may take a minuet or so before it appears. I was able to do this, then sync it to my Windows Mobile phone through an Exchange account in under 5 min.

spyrious on
  • Options
    ninja_bladeninja_blade Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Epic UFC fight on the 27th...... What to do? I'm going to PAX, and do as much as I can... What are you guys doing to space time better?

ninja_blade on
    karate here. [taps his head] Karate here. [taps his heart] Karate never here. [points to his belt] Understand?
This discussion has been closed.