As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

24: Day 6: Jack Goes For The Throat

• Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So this week's South Park is a 24 parody. And it's hilarious.

it's so awesome. And it was so on point... "Within the hour", everybody had the CTU ring, Cartman whispering in a loud voice for dramatic effect like Jack, split screens, Cartman torturing people, it was one of the best SP of all time. So damn awesome. It's a Fanboys Wet Dream, too of the greatest Shows combined! ;) Now only Jack has to do a Wegdie on Chloe next time to return the favour :)
    Just saw it on rerun last night, and it was indeed awesome. My favorite parts were the stuff with Kyle helping Cartman on the computer. "YouTube was a bust. Hang on, let me cross reference his Myspace page with his e-Harmony account!" I was cracking up so hard with all that. And then even better, when the suits start coming in and his "division" keeps getting taken over by one beaurocracy after another. So hilarious, yet so true to the show.

"Try looking up his blog on Ask Jeeves."
    "Dude, no one uses Ask Jeeves anymore, just Google it!"
    "Now you listen to me, I'M in charge here!"
    ".... um... not any more, you're not."

Then the guy walks away dejected and defeated. I almost woke my wife up laughing at that.
    You forgot right after the guy says, "Oh snap."

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hahaha, yes! So awesome.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Funniest South Park this season.

"I'm in charge from now on."
    "Not anymore, you're not. I'm from the FBI, I'll be taking over this operation."
    "Not anymore, you're not. I'm from the ATH, I'll be in charge now."
    "Not anymore, you're not..."

tardcore on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wha......What the FUCK just happened?!

How does he completely change his position within 2 minutes? WTF?

Al_wat on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wow.

After tonight I think I may be done with 24.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    yeah this is some serious bullshit writing they have going on.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The Cheese on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh man, those previews. Dear Lord.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Damn never saw them, give me the jist?

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Jack gets shot.

Jack? Jack?!?! JAAAAAAAAAAAAACK?!?!?

Yeah, just like that.

Drez on
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wtf.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Did not see that coming at all. :^:

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So adrenaline makes a person go batshit loco?

xraydog on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I guess the logic of it is that he wants to head any more attacks at his presidency off at the pass by doing what everyone wants. But still, that took me by surprise.

APZonerunner on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I guess the logic of it is that he wants to head any more attacks at his presidency off at the pass by doing what everyone wants. But still, that took me by surprise.
    Agreed from the previews, it looking like he is trying to more aggressive in his policy to strongarm a response out of others. I'd be surprised if he actually went forward with the bomb hitting

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Oh, sure,
    launch nukes at the Middle East to secure your Presidency. That's logical

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Agreed from the previews, it looking like he is trying to more aggressive in his policy to strongarm a response out of others. I'd be surprised if he actually went forward with the bomb hitting
    In real life, a launch is a declaration of war. You can't use an actual launch as a strongarm tactic. You can use the threat of launch that way. Not a launch itself.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Preview:
    http://www.24fans.net/videos/season_6_trailers/episode17/
    Does seem like Palmer is trying to freak the Ambassador.

APZonerunner on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    In real life, a launch is a declaration of war. You can't use an actual launch as a strongarm tactic. You can use the threat of launch that way. Not a launch itself.
    By all means, I understand. I'm just stating what I think is going on in 24 world. I'd imagine the president is starting to become a little unhinged, considering they have been dealing with these attacks for weeks. Still not an excuse... I think the instant attitude flip was still a little exaggerated.

Regarding the overall quality of the season, I am still not sure where I stand. With the exception of the very end, I thought this was a pretty decent episode. Last week's was outrageously dumb, even for 24 world.

That said, I thought the opening for this season was so well written, so I haven't lost total faith. The opening of the season with real terror attacks orchestrated all over the country just felt so gritty.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    DuckterPepperDuckterPepper Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    on kredenko:
    why would kredenko give away his only hope to survive? did anyone get that? Why did he try to run alone after getting his arm cut? that was just plain stupid.

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    on kredenko:
    why would kredenko give away his only hope to survive? did anyone get that? Why did he try to run alone after getting his arm cut? that was just plain stupid.
    Because he probably figured Fayed (sp?) would kill him. It really was goddamn stupid though.

Drez on
  • Options
    KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So Logan = Bush

New VP = Cheney?

I am glad that I am not the only one that noticed that.

I am pretty sure Logan at least last season was a charicature of Nixon. He used some quotes, had teh same mannurisms, looked like him, and was extremely paranoid like Nixon was.

Katholic on
  • Options
    NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hahahahaha.

So I was just thinking, 2 minutes before the end, this is probably the best episode all season because it wasn't fucking bullshit and OMG PlOT TWIST just for the sake of it writing.

Then that ending comes along.

Picture me laughing my ass off just at the sheer stupidity and retardedness of it.

I hate to use this term so very very much, but this episode didn't just jump over a shark, it did a double backflip over it through a ring of fire.

Noray on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ...why are we still watching...?

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cause it's still leagues better than all the mediocre, generic crap that comprises 99% of television?

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Because until Heroes comes back, it's either this or Dancing With The Stars.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'm too invested in this season to stop watching now, no matter how shitty it gets.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    SquintyMcSquintSquintyMcSquint Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I loved how Jack was all "Field agent guy get over here, I'm pinned down" and then within 20 seconds had killed half the terrorists, including one "show me your head, show me your head - BOOM HEADSHOT" moment. No one can stop this man.
    So would I be right in assuming that Fayid is now captured, and Gredenko is dead? Whos the bad guy? Is the secret plot-twist that the bad guy is the president? He does have a goatee beard.. so being evil would fit..

And yes incredibly random ending. Even Tom Lennox was all "wtf president, ridiculous character transformation!".

SquintyMcSquint on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    well, remember that whole conspiracy to kill the president? theres that group of people. Also, didn't jack's dad just kinda vanish from the plot? maybe he will turn up again.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    SquintyMcSquintSquintyMcSquint Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was hoping Jacks dad would turn up in this episode. Last we saw of him he was looking for gredenko, and now Jack had him - would have made sense for him to turn up... no doubt he will appear in some crazy ass last 5 seconds plot twist, being accompanied by Zombie David Palmer who tells Wayne not to be an ass, and everyone has a happy ending.

Has 24 ever had a happy ending...

SquintyMcSquint on
  • Options
    Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was hoping Jacks dad would turn up in this episode. Last we saw of him he was looking for gredenko, and now Jack had him - would have made sense for him to turn up... no doubt he will appear in some crazy ass last 5 seconds plot twist, being accompanied by Zombie David Palmer who tells Wayne not to be an ass, and everyone has a happy ending.

Has 24 ever had a happy ending...

Season 1 had an alternate happy ending and that was about it.

Sci-Fi Wasabi on
    sci+fi+wasabi.png
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I'm too invested in this season to stop watching now, no matter how shitty it gets.

That about sums it up for me.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I loved how Jack was all "Field agent guy get over here, I'm pinned down" and then within 20 seconds had killed half the terrorists, including one "show me your head, show me your head - BOOM HEADSHOT" moment. No one can stop this man.
    So would I be right in assuming that Fayid is now captured, and Gredenko is dead? Whos the bad guy? Is the secret plot-twist that the bad guy is the president? He does have a goatee beard.. so being evil would fit..

And yes incredibly random ending. Even Tom Lennox was all "wtf president, ridiculous character transformation!".

Show me your HEADSHOT was a pretty awesome 24 moment. Definitely the peak of the episode :lol:

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    bah jack is a camping whore pinned down my ass

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The only explanation for the end I have is that the pressure on his brain is building or some sort of brain damage is leading Palmer to go crazy. Even if that's the case, its pretty stupid.

DesertBox on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    wayne is bluffing.

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wayne is bluffing.

You don't bluff by launching a nuclear weapon.
    Having said that there's a spoiler lurking around that is supposed to be the apparent "last line" from this season. It's apparently:
    "...Get in, Jack. There's a lot I have to tell you" (said by someone whose identity supposedly shocks the hell out of Jack)

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wayne is bluffing.

Having said that there's a spoiler lurking around that is supposed to be the apparent "last line" from this season. It's apparently:
    "...Get in, Jack. There's a lot I have to tell you" (said by someone whose identity supposedly shocks the hell out of Jack)

Maybe the bomb is filled with balloons and cake. You know, Wayne never said it was a nuke, if I remember correctly. It was Tom and Karen that said nuke. ;)

DesertBox on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wayne is bluffing.

Must be David.

tofu on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kim Bauer, after assassinating Wayne Palmer

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]