Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

24: Day 6: Jack Goes For The Throat

191011121315»

• yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Eh I like the ending because they didn't
    Spoiler:

I hope they finally take this opportunity to start fresh next year but I doubt it.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think the
    Spoiler:

I kinda wish they let the character breathe a little more. He had some decent development at the start of the season then they feel back into Jack Bauer superagent yet again.

• imbalancedimbalanced Registered User
    edited May 2007
    FUCK! I missed it!

frustrated.jpg

The episode is on Fox On Demand. That's what I've been doing today at work other than, you know, working....

Try this one: http://streaming.myfoxaustin.com/

idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I honestly thought Jack was going to go hardcore rogue at the end there. I would love to see him say "After everything I've sacrificed for this country its time I got something in return." Then he shoots Heller in the face and kidnaps Audrey. Next season Jack gets to be the bad guy.

And add dinosaurs.

steam_sig.png
  • SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Didn't the press release from the renewal say that the next two seasons where going to be somewhere other then in LA?

• DuckterPepperDuckterPepper Registered User
    edited May 2007
    great ending to a crappy season. i mean, the ending was REALLY good - like the 4 first episodes, the last sequence was in that style.

now let's hope day 7 will be renewed in every fucking way. new Loc, new thread, new style...

but i really doubt it. i mean, the reaction to the chinese was already mentioned....

DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm just glad the season was over. I think it would have been interesting we had actually seen more character development with Jack, like in the end, but I'm not sure it's possible in a show with the kind of pacing and number of ongoing plotlines/subplots that 24 tends to have.

I am kinda glad that this episode didn't leave any sort of cliffhanger/loose end to start the next season, as they have liked to in the past. I suppose the whole Jack/Audrey thing could come back up, but hopefully not. I'd like to see a new season without baggage, as others have said.

Overall this season was pretty average. I mean, it was still better than most random television shows but among shows I actually watch and enjoy it was pretty sub-par. If they don't try something new for Day 7, I'll not likely watch 8.

• APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Best ending since series 3 at any rate. Loved it. Series 3 is still slightly better.

Either way, it does feel like the end of all the old story arcs.

Season 1-3 is one large story arc. Everything from Season 1 is finally wrapped up come Series 3 episode 24. Jack is fairly well over Teri, Nina is done, Tony/Michelle are in love and out of CTU... Kim and Chase are happy. The ending isn'y a cliffhanger, but a quiet ending with Jack in his car, crying about his life.

Then there was the reboot from Series 4. Everything from then really seems to be wrapped up now.
    Spoiler:

So.. it's time for something new. Generally, as an arc, S4-6 isn't as good as 1-3, partly because 5 links more to 1-3 (Henderson linking to Season 1, Tony, Michelle, and Palmer being a major plotpoint.) But.. I loved that ending. In hindsight it's even better.

As for next season, they've been filming some webisode things for people with American express cards. Some sort of promotion. Either way, this is what's happened:
    Spoiler:

EDIT:
    And Manny Coto, Co-Exec Producer and Writer teases about next season:
    Spoiler:

My favourite season finale: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SvcCGM_YSa8

APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thank you. But only if that last bit is true.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited May 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Thank you. But only if that last bit is true.

I'm going to laugh so hard when next season is pretty much, "terrorists try to kill president, Jack called out of retirement, Jack fights terrorists with CTU."

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You forgot the part where jack goes rogue at least 7 times yet nobody seems to mind

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    so, am i to understand that russian and american satellites can detect submarines and f18s but a helicopter is nigh undetectable?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited May 2007
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    so, am i to understand that russian and american satellites can detect submarines and f18s but a helicopter is nigh undetectable?

It's 24.

Oh shit, you forgot to turn your brain off, didn't you?

• YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    mcdermott wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

It's 24.

Oh shit, you forgot to turn your brain off, didn't you?

Not to mention Jack called and said "HEY, WE'RE FLYING OUT THERE!"

• witch_iewitch_ie Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Spoiler:

• toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Regarding next season character:
    witch_ie wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

OTP.jpg