As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fixing incorrect credit report

jhunter46jhunter46 Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
My wife and I tried to buy a car yesterday and got denied credit which came as a shock to both of us. We ended up pulling our credit reports and we found out that our mortgage company is reporting us as more than 150 days late and 7,000$ behind. The thing is we're current. We had a loan modification done in August last year so it looks like they're still reporting on the premodified loan and not the new terms.

We're going to call them and get this worked out but how long does it take for something like this to be fixed and taken off your credit report?

jhunter46 on

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had the same problem. Tried to get a car, turned out four other people with my name were somehow on my credit report, one of which had a mortgage on my credit (before I bought a house.)

If you call up one of the big three, they will fix it right there over the phone. I got to go over line by line, address by address to determine which ones were me and which were not. Should take no more than like fifteen minutes.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Red RoverRed Rover Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had something similar happen. Turns out I had all of my mom's credit on my report for some reason (and my info was nowhere to be found). They told me it would take up to 15 business days to fix everything. It took about half an hour.

I called Equifax to get it all settled.

Red Rover on
    This message will self-destruct in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... !