Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

should I act as councellor when I am not impartial?

2»

• AthenorAthenor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Things have changed, but I'm sticking to my guns.

Short of it: His oldest friend (who is also going to act as the ordained for his wedding) suggested counseling, with him serving as the one. I tried to convince the guy that this was a bad idea, and I pointed him towards the school's completely free counseling. He said he'd consider it, but he is extremely hesitant (he has issues relying on others or reaching out for help). She's actually the one more enthusiastic to talk to someone, as she believes he's not talking to her -- which he's not. In the meanwhile, I pointed out that yes, we were being manipulative and yes, what happened a few nights ago was stupid.

Then he said something strange.

To paraphrase: "I'm in the Honeymoon period. Every time we fight, it seems, we argue, then we get back together, then we go into a honeymoon, then it fades and the cycle repeats. It's almost like an abuse situation."

So... yeah. I told him I wouldn't force him into counseling, but I -STRONGLY- recommended it. In the meantime I told him we are all there for him, and her...

Which isn't exactly true. After all, the woman in the situation claims that we are the ones who saved her marriage, when we were actually trying to do the opposite (consciously or not). then again, she's the one who posted facebook play-by-plays of the incident. In any case, I fear that at this point my position is shifting from keeping him from hating us to keeping us from abandoning him.

I really shouldn't be this invested, but I feel like we are a family, and... yeah.

fCew0YJ.jpg
    Steam & NNID - Athenor // 3DS: 3883-5283-0471
  • AthenorAthenor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Positive inferences have been made. I am happy, and I'm not serving as counselor.

thanks again guys.

fCew0YJ.jpg
    Steam & NNID - Athenor // 3DS: 3883-5283-0471
2»