Options

trying to remember the names of two movies

Pants ManPants Man Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
hey guys, there are two movies I saw several years ago that I now can't remember the names of for the life of me and it's driving me crazy. the first one is a German film made in the late 80s/early 90s about a woman who wins a writing contest of some sort and is then asked to research her honetowns' history during WWII and ends up uncovering all kinds of complicity in the holocaust. I remember the last scene being some kind of confrontation between her and the city council and her running away.

the second movie is a documentary about the last days of nicolae ceausescu and his romanian government. it was made shortly after the fact and uses almost entirely news and personal video footage to capture the chaos. there are also several interviews interspersed throughout of first hand accounts.

any help on either of these would be great. thanks guys

"okay byron, my grandma has a right to be happy, so i give you my blessing. just... don't get her pregnant. i don't need another mom."
Pants Man on

• Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think the first is "The Nasty Girl".

http://www.amazon.com/Nasty-Girl-VHS-Lena-Stolze/dp/6302253764/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/191-3698445-0946449

Edit note, the first review is more descriptive than amazons description, heh.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think the first is "The Nasty Girl".

http://www.amazon.com/Nasty-Girl-VHS-Lena-Stolze/dp/6302253764/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/191-3698445-0946449

Edit note, the first review is more descriptive than amazons description, heh.

awesome, thank you. can't believe I forgot about that woman's story, it is beyond incredible.

the ceausescu movie may be harder to pin down, pretty sure it wasn't a widely distributed movie I don't think

Pants Man on
    "okay byron, my grandma has a right to be happy, so i give you my blessing. just... don't get her pregnant. i don't need another mom."
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The first one is Das schreckliche Madchen (or the Nasty Girl, but I think it works fine in German) as mentioned.

The second one might be The King of Communism.

President Rex on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The first one is Das schreckliche Madchen (or the Nasty Girl, but I think it works fine in German) as mentioned.

The second one might be The King of Communism.

nah, the king of communism is more about Ceausescu himself, whereas the film i'm talking about it more about the final days of his regime and the chaos surrounding it. Ceausescu is only tangentially related but they do show some of the footage from his appearance on tv right before he was executed. this film was also made really really shortly after all of that shit went down, like within a year or so.

Pants Man on
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Perhaps it is one of these films?

list of films about the 1989 Romanian Revolution

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    2868 wrote: »
    Perhaps it is one of these films?

list of films about the 1989 Romanian Revolution

that's great, thanks for that. I'm pretty sure it's either A Lesson in Dying or Videogramme einer Revolution. Guess I'll have to do some research

Pants Man on