Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
***UPDATE: THE BADGES HAVE NOW BEEN PRINTED THANKS TO CONSIDERABLE INTEREST FROM FORUM MEMBERS!***
In order to collect them you will need to go to the BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) desk on level 3, opposite the upper deck area of the Main Theatre. You not need to be registered to be part of BYOC in order to get a badge!
Other distribution methods have yet to be fully confirmed, but they are likely to be the Pre PAX gaming event at Sheraton as well as the Pre PAX Dinner.
Note that in order to get a badge you will have to answer ONE of the following questions correctly:
1) Name an unofficial PAX East community event:
* PAX East Train Alliance
* Magical Mystery Tour East
* PAX Pokecrawl - Bar Crawl
* Pre-PAX Movie: Clash of the Titans
* Pre-PAX Gaming at the Sheraton
* Pre-PAX Dinner
* Pre-PAX Dim Sum
* GLBT Friendly Meetup
* Joystiq Breakfast
* PAX Hockey Game: Bruins/Flames
* Rocky Horror Picture Show
* PAX East Assassins
* PAX Trading Cards
* Mafia Wars
* Cookie Brigade
* PAX East Costumes
2) Who made the Forum Badges?
Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]
3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?
4) Name the primary forum admin
5) What colour scheme are the forums in?
Blue with white text.
6) What does the 'ETA' stand for?
PAX East Train Alliance
7) Why do key forum threads have the word [Prime] as a prefix in their titles?
They are threads that relate to PAX'10 in Seattle as opposed to PAX East in Boston.
8) There is a group of PAX attendees that sell crunchy and sweet foodstuffs for the Childsplay charity during the event. What is this group called?
The Cookie (& Biscuit) Brigade
9) How many names are printed on the back of the PAX East Forum Badge?
10) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?
The A6 size badges currently look like this:
The rest of this post is as was when I first broached the idea to have them.
Last year I made over 250 badges that were handed out to members of the PA Forums. They were designed specifically for us so that when we saw anyone wondering around PAX and saw this very unique looking badge, they'd spot a fellow forum member from afar. Here's a pick of last year's pile:
And here's a blow up of the front and back of them:
Out of the 250 made, well over 150 were not collected. This has given me pause to make them for PAX East.So before printing out a bunch of new badges, I thought I'd come to you, the PA forum members and ask you two questions;
1) Did you like the forum badges from last year and did they help you in anyway finding each other?
2) How can we improve their distribution?
I would love to have them at Will Call where people come to collect their expo badges, but i fear the PAX organisers won't take kindly to that. If there is any way you can convince me that we can get these badges into the hands of people who want and need them, I'll do a batch for PAX East.