As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East forum badges

• Options
    atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Khadour wrote: »
    Thanks for doing this, kropotkin - I'll definitely swing by and pick one up! Are you guys only distributing at the pre-PAX dinner, or will somebody be handing them out at the Pokecrawl, too?

We're going to have them at the PrePax Gaming Night at the Sheraton too. Ironing out the details of when I'll be getting some from him to hand out, and when exactly I will hand them out at the gaming night since I'll be taking off at 7 and returning around 9 (reservations at Typhoon).

Can't say for sure about the dinner or anything else at this point. I believe there was a post that said where they where you could get them at.

(Edit: Straight from Kropotkin's mouth: Thanks for the positive feedback all. I've contacted the printers and they will have them complete for the end of next week. This means I won't be posting any out to distributors due to lack of time. At least those that do not live in the UK. So it'll likely be the Pre PAX Gaming night, Pre PAX Dinner and BYOC that will be where you will get one. Just remember to be armed with a head full of PA Forum facts before getting one, for you will be tested!)

atiari on
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sooo, I'm new to the whole PAX thing. Does that mean I can find you at the BYOC to pick one of these fancy badges up?

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Exactly. Don't worry about trying to find out which one is BigRed, it'll be quite obvious once you get there (assuming he's there of course).

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hell, I have no idea why I didn't collect on mine last year, I don't even remember where they were distributed. I'd love to get one this year, though (especially if my name is still on it)!

[edit] Follow up note: can the OP be updated with distribution info? I haven't been following this thread, so there's a lot of info for everyone to comb through.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Hell, I have no idea why I didn't collect on mine last year, I don't even remember where they were distributed. I'd love to get one this year, though (especially if my name is still on it)!

[edit] Follow up note: can the OP be updated with distribution info? I haven't been following this thread, so there's a lot of info for everyone to comb through.

They were at BYOC last year just like they will be this time :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BigRed wrote: »

They were at BYOC last year just like they will be this time :P
    MOAR REZON TO VISIT MAH RED!!! :) see ya there!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Lugh LamfhadaLugh Lamfhada Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I... I was included....*tear of joy*

Seriously this made my day. And, hey, we even got a new question out of it.

Q. What is Lord Zero's actual handle?
    A. Lord Jezo.

Ah, typo fun...

Lugh Lamfhada on
    Too much paprika.
    Shit! Too much paprika!
    WHY IS THERE SO MUCH VOMIT IN THIS HAT?!
  • Options
    GentlemanneGentlemanne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh man, my name is on the badge, this makes me happy in so many ways :D

Gentlemanne on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I... I was included....*tear of joy*

Seriously this made my day. And, hey, we even got a new question out of it.

Q. What is Lord Zero's actual handle?
    A. Lord Jezo.

Ah, typo fun...

That's being addressed at the moment. Watch this space.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited March 2010
    eep!
    Why do I feel like I've angered the forum gods?
    Pleeeeease don't remove me from the badge! Waaaaaah!
    No, I'm good. Absolutly crazy, but good.

Lugh Lamfhada on
    Too much paprika.
    Shit! Too much paprika!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    eep!
    Why do I feel like I've angered the forum gods?
    Pleeeeease don't remove me from the badge! Waaaaaah!
    No, I'm good. Absolutly crazy, but good.

It's the miss-spelling I'm addressing! Not your presence on the back of the badge.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Can the OP be updated with distribution info? I haven't been following this thread, so there's a lot of info for everyone to comb through.

Done. All details of the badge, the questions that will be asked and where to pick them up from is in the OP. This will be updated if anything changes.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    baelionbaelion Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yay. I'm on it too!

/happy dance

baelion on
    Masters Degree Student: PLEASE TALK TO ME ABOUT NERDCORE
    Twitter
    Lord help me, I chose !Squirtle
    munkeefish.png
  • Options
    DustinMMOMFGDustinMMOMFG Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So glad to be included on these. This looks awesome! Thanks for putting these together man!

DustinMMOMFG on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, Kropotkin, we leave on Monday 22nd, if you want us to takes some, PM me and I'll give you our address.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    FacelesscogFacelesscog Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Totally digging this. I'll definitely be picking mine up, as will Rebecca (my wife). I also like Ahkhira's idea of chipping in a buck or two to help with the cost of these. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Facelesscog on
  • Options
    acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm on the badge! Now all I have to do is study the hard questions, but shouldn't be that hard....right?

acumen101 on
    Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

No. Not hard at all...

Lugh Lamfhada on
    Too much paprika.
    Shit! Too much paprika!
  • Options
    ShervynShervyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is it too late to say I am interested...or will there be some extras?

Shervyn on
    A man who could afford $50 had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in 10 yrs' time, while a poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a $100 on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet. -Vimes
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Shervyn wrote: »
    Is it too late to say I am interested...or will there be some extras?

That all depends on how fast you get to the BYOC desk! There are 200 being printed, provided you get to the BYOC registration desk and there are any left, you'll get one. Oh and there will be a question to answer to varify you are indeed a forum member.

Note: I will not be able to post these out to anyone! I don't get them until 20th March, which is way too late to rely on postal delivery. They will only be availble from the Pre Game PAX East event at Sheraton and the BYOC desk. Sorry Pre-PAX dinner folk, but with LewieP and his mum going so early, I won't get the badges to them in time.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited March 2010
    A point of clarification please. Will the badges be handed out both wednesday and thursday, or just thursday at the Sheraton pre-PAX gaming?

Lugh Lamfhada on
    Too much paprika.
    Shit! Too much paprika!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    A point of clarification please. Will the badges be handed out both wednesday and thursday, or just thursday at the Sheraton pre-PAX gaming?

Just the Thursday, as that's the day I fly in. I'm staying at the Sheraton, hence me being able to drop them off then.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sweet badges kropotkin! Hope I'll run to you on Thursday then :)

Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpYkMoSpYkMo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i didnt know there'd be a test involved with getting one of these :( i'll have to do what i always do. cram the night before!
    They do look Awesome!

SpYkMo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

You can pick one up during pax as well...

BigRed on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm at the Sheraton, and ideally I'd like to pick up my badge from Kropotkin in person. Did I meet you last year, K? I honestly can't remember.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    HunterAngelHunterAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man since my name is on it.. I hope I can get up to byoc before they run out.

HunterAngel on
    Monty: Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't I been inside you?
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I doubt they will run out. The forum community seems really big, but it's pretty small (especially when compared to the 60,000+ general PAX population [or PAXulation, which I just made up]). 200 is a lot. I wouldn't worry about it.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Best bet is to show up for the Pre PAX dinner or Pre PAX Gaming Night at the Sheraton on Thursday. Or hit BYOC first thing Friday.

atiari on
  • Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

ditto. i'll be queueing up for the keynote early on friday and probably won't get to stop by byoc until after that...

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    HunterAngelHunterAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I guess i'll have to go over to the Sheraton and at least say hi on thursday.

HunterAngel on
    Monty: Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't I been inside you?
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I've never been to a con before, what's protocol with wearing these badges anyway? Lanyard with both on it? How does this fit with my nifty red pass?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I've never been to a con before, what's protocol with wearing these badges anyway? Lanyard with both on it? How does this fit with my nifty red pass?
    2010-03-16%2019.01.20.jpg

That's what last year's badge looks like with the PAX badge. Forum badge comes with the plastic sleeve.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited March 2010

The way I designed it was to have the pass badge and forum badge clipped seperately to the same lanyard. You rest the PAX pass badge on the back face of the forum badge. Most of the time you're supposed to have the forum badge facing outwards, with the PAX Pass only showing when getting through security barriers. The idea of the badge is identify you as a forum member. If people can't see it, then it's not doing it's job :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    spiderz13spiderz13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My name was included on the badge. me??! Here is one big THANK YOU!!!!!!!! You will see me at the BYOC.

spiderz13 on
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    @ Red, would it be too much of a pain in the a** to get my PAX forum badge from when while signing in for BYOC Friday morning?

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Petar1337Petar1337 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    These are pretty cool! How do I get one?

Petar1337 on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Petar1337 wrote: »

Read the first page of this thread, followed by the rest of the pages. ;)

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Liger wrote: »
    Petar1337 wrote: »

Read the first page of this thread, followed by the rest of the pages. ;)

If he wants to be ultra lazy he can just read the first few lines of the first post :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What if you fail the test? Do you walk the walk of shame and give a speech saying you tried your best? Or do you get a pie in the face?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This discussion has been closed.