As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thanks, [chat]

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    SOTAR bitching about starcraft is stupid.

He's miles ahead of me.

I'm terrible.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I am going to be the best uncle ever. Watch me.
    Is your sister pregnant?

Been pregnant, yes. Getting closer to that date, now, though. I'm going to get all the good parts of having a kid with absolutely none of the responsibilities.

is a white guy the father?

a white guy is the father isn't he?

Man, who knows.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to bed. Congratulatons by extension Elkamil.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is your sister pregnant?

Been pregnant, yes. Getting closer to that date, now, though. I'm going to get all the good parts of having a kid with absolutely none of the responsibilities.

Man, who knows.

Allah

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Is your sister pregnant?

Man, who knows.

you will have to introduce me to your sister, elks

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Congratulations, Mr. Elki.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010

i am kind of a terrible uncle

i blame it on the fact that my sister in law doesn't like me and makes it difficult for me to be around her child

but mostly it's probably because i don't really get kids

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Elki is going to be the sort of uncle who sneaks 5 dollar bills to the kid and takes him on inspiring dance adventures, simultaneously teaching him the value of money and getting funky

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

i am kind of a terrible uncle

i blame it on the fact that my sister in law doesn't like me and makes it difficult for me to be around her child

but mostly it's probably because i don't really get kids

I think thats part of it for me, I had to buy christmas gifts and I sucked at it. Also I get the feeling my brother feels I should do more and he's like 6 hours away in slow mutatnt territory.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »

Thankfully mine has yet to have a birthday.

But I don't really like my niece's mother, so we don't get to hang out often.

EDIT

Oooooo. Name changes. I don't think anyone even noticed mine. :P

I think my brothers wife is a victim of an incestful father and she never came to grips with that, because of that she's off in ways I can't exactly explain without going into personal details. Needless to say I worry one day I'll get a call about my brother and his family being dead to a murder suicide.

I feel ya man.

My brother's baby mama grew up an orphan with a father who is still in prison and a mother who, until recently, couldn't care. She spent many years in an acidic foster home with people she deemed her "family" who tended to be shysters and assholes who took advantage of any and every one.

So she gets with my brother and after about a year she gets pregnant and all that paranoia starts to bubble up to the top. She constantly accuses me of shit that didn't happen, we fight, and I leave the house that me and my brother resided in.

Then she has the baby and starts talking shit about my mother, publicly, through her MySpace/Facebook updates and then gets surprised when I call her up and tell her to stop being a bitch.

Though, honestly, I think its because she has never ever had a real family or support group or had people to actually care about her and respect her.

I tolerate her. I have to. And we get along fine and she's made a real effort to be friends with me and Samantha and she's been real good to my parents so I'm hopin everything keeps for the better.

Though I still suspect that she got pregnant on purpose.

But yeah. When you're an adult you gotta start shrugging shit off and start identifying people that you can trust, otherwise your life is gonna be a constant Springer episode.

I have a coworker who had shitty parents and all he does is mope about it and set himself up with people who are, in the end, shitty fucking people, and he wonders why I don't care to be his therapist.

Sheep on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is your sister pregnant?

Man, who knows.

As an experienced uncle, let me tell you, do not change a diaper.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kagera wrote: »

I keep meaning to ask who the lady in your av is and what is it from because the sig looks interesting and not because I want to masturbate to images of her.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    hey, when's like the starcrafts happening and stuff

i would like to play

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    hey, when's like the starcrafts happening and stuff

i would like to play

Get on US east channel PA

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think I broke Justin guys :(

I get really annoyed when someone says "Oh, I suck, you'll probably beat me." Then they fucking roll my face in shit.

So it's just not worth my time.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is your sister pregnant?
    Yeah, you'll be able to teach him to dance, and cook, and how to appreciate good cheeses... hey, wait, are you sure you aren't his aunt?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/03/03/air.traffic.child/index.html?hpt=T2
    Washington (CNN) -- An air traffic controller and his supervisor are under investigation because the controller allegedly brought his two small children into the control tower and allowed them to speak with pilots on an air traffic control frequency.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    for Podly I guess

Les Chants de Maldoror
    There exists an insect men foster at their own expense. They owe it nothing yet they fear
    it. This insect, which does not care for wine but prefers blood, would, were its lawful
    needs not satisfied, be capable (by an occult power) of becoming big as an elephant and
    trampling men like ears of corn. One must also note how they respect it, how they surround
    it with canine veneration, how highly they esteem it above the animals of creation. They
    give it the head for a throne and it hooks its claws into the roots of the hair, with
    dignity. Later, when plump and well advanced in years, it is--to emulate the custom of
    bygone peoples--killed, in order to be spared the onslaughts of old age. They give it, as
    unto a hero, imposing obsequies, and the coffin conveying it straight to the cover of the
    tomb is carried shoulder-high by the leading citizens. Upon the damp soil which with
    skilled shovel the gravedigger turns over they turn multicolored phrases concerning the
    immortality of the soul, the nothingness of life, the inexplicable will of Providence--and
    the marble closes shut forever on this laboriously filled existence now no more than a
    corpse. The crowd disperses and the shades of night quite soon cover the cemetary walls.

But console yourselves, humans, for this painful loss. Here, advancing, comes the
    innumerable family it has bountifully bequeathed to you, that your despair might be less
    bitter, and assuaged by the agreeable presence of these peevish little freaks which will
    duly grow into splendid lice endowed with remarkable beauty, monsters with the look of the
    sage. It brooded with maternal wing over several dozen cherished eggs, in your hair--dried
    up by the eager suction of such formidable strangers. The time promptly came when the eggs
    hatched. Be not alarmed, these youthful philosophers will not take long growing into this
    ephemeral life. They will grow so much they'll make you feel it--with their claws and
    suckers.

You others do not know why they don't devour your headbones but content themselves with
    extracting with due pomp the quintessence of your blood. Wait a moment, I shall tell you:
    it is because they lack the strength. Be assured that if their jaws were proportionate to
    their infinite desires, your brains, retinas, spines, the whole body, would be consumed.
    Like a drop of water. Take a microscope and observe a louse at work on the head of a
    street-beggar: you will be amazed. Unfortunately, these raiders of the long-haired scalp
    are small. Of no avail to conscript them: they are not of the necessary height required by
    law. They belong to that Lilliputian world of the stunted, and the blind do not hesitate
    to rank them among the infinitely tiny. Alas for the whale that fights a flea, it would be
    devoured in the twinkling of an eye, despite its size. Not even the tail would be left to
    tell the tail. The elephant lets itself be stroked. But not the tick. I don't advise you
    to try out this perilous test. Beware if your hand be hairy--or simply made of flesh and
    bone. Your fingers would be finished. They'd crack as if put to torture. The skin would
    disappear as if by strange magic. Lice are incapable of wreaking as much ill as their
    imaginations contemplate. If you find a louse in your way, be off and do not lick the
    papillae of its tongue. You would meet with an accident. That has been known. No matter,
    I am already content with the amount of harm the louse does to you, O human race; I only
    wish it could do more.

For how long will you maintain the decrepit cult of this god who is impervious to your
    prayers and the generous offerings you proffer him in expiatory holocaust? Look, this
    horrible manitou is not beholden to you for the great bowls of blood and brains you spill
    upon those piously bedecked, flower-wreathed altars of his. He is not grateful. . . for
    earthquakes and tempests have continued to rage from the Beginning. And yet (spectacle
    worth noting), the more indifferent he proves himself, the more you admire him. It's clear
    that you mistrust his attributes--which he conceals; and your argument rests on the
    assumption that only a deity of extreme power can display such contempt towards the
    faithful who submit to his worship. For this reason, in every land diverse gods are
    extant--here the crocodile, there the whore--but when it comes to the louse, that sacred
    name, all peoples, universally kissing the chains of their slavery, together kneel down in
    the majestic court before the pedestal of the misshapen, bloodthirsty idol. That nation not
    obeying its own instincts for grovelling, and which made a show of revolt, would sooner or
    later disappear from the earth like an autumn leaf annihilated by the vengeance of that
    inexorable god.

O louse with shriveled eye--as long as rivers spill their shelving waters into the abysses
    of the sea; as long as the stars gravitate along their orbits' paths; as long as the mute
    void has no horizon; as long as humanity rends its own flanks in deadly wars; as long as
    divine justice casts its vengeful bolts upon the selfish globe; as long as man disregards
    his Creator and (not without reason) flouts him, so doing with some contempt--your reign
    over the universe will be assured, and your dynasty extend from age to age. I salute you,
    rising sun, celestial liberator, you invisible enemy of man. Continue telling Filth to
    unite with man in tainted embraces and to swear to him by oaths not blown to dust that she
    shall remain his faithful lover for eternity. From time to time, kiss this grand wanton's
    robe, in memory of the important services she does not fail to render you. If she did not
    seduce man with her lascivious teats, probably you could not exist--you, the product of
    this rational and consistent coupling. O son of Filth! tell your mother that if she
    abandons man's bed to wander alone and friendless along desolate ways she will see her
    existence imperiled. May the bowels which bore you nine months in their perfumed maw stir
    a moment at the thought of the dangers that their tender fruit (fruit so nice, tranquil,
    but already cold and ferocious) would consequently encounter. Filth, might empress,
    preserve for my hate's eyes the sight of your famished progeny and the imperceptible
    increase of their muscles. To attain this end you know you need only glue yourself closer
    to man's flanks. This you can do conveniently enough for decorum, since both of you have
    long been married.

For myself, if I may be allowed to add a few words to this hymn of glorification, I shall
    speak of the pit I have had dug, forty leagues square and correspondingly deep. Therein
    lies in foul virginity a living mine of of lice. It fills the bottom layers of the pit,
    and thence writhes in vast dense veins in every direction. Here's how I built this
    artificial mine. I snatched a female louse from the hair of humanity. Three successive
    nights I was seen to lie with her, and then I cast her into the pit. Human fertilization,
    which would have been ineffective in other such cases, was this time accepted by fate, and
    a few days afterward thousands of monsters swarming in a compact knot of matter saw the
    light of day. This loathsome cluster became in time more and more immense, all the while
    acquiring the liquid attribute of mercury, and spread out in several tributaries which now
    feed upon themselves (the birthrate is higher than the mortality rate) whenever I do not
    throw them for fodder a newborn bastard whose death its mother desired, or an arm that
    during the night, thanks to chloroform, I am going to hack from some young girl. Every fifteen
    years the generations of lice that feed on man appreciably decrease and themselves foretell
    infallibly the impending era of their complete destruction. For man, more intelligent than his
    enemy, manages to conquer him. Well then, with devilish shovel which increases my strength,
    quarry lumps of lice big as mountains from this inexhaustible mine, break them up with axe
    blows, and transport them at dead of night into the main thoroughfares of cities. There, on
    contact with human temperature, they split up as in their first formative days in the tortuous
    galleries of the subterranean mine, dig themselves beds in the gravel, and stream into human
    dwellings like harmful spirits. The house guardian barks dully, for it seems to him that a
    legion of unknown beings is piercing the pores of the walls and bringing terror to the sleepers'
    bedsides. Perhaps, unwittingly, you have heard at least once in your life this sort of doleful,
    drawn-out howl. He tries with helpless eyes to penetrate the darkness of the night, for his dog's
    brain cannot understand it--this hum irritating him--and he feels betrayed. Millions of enemies
    thus sweep down on every city like a cloud of locusts. Enough for fifteen years. They will combat
    man, inflicting burning wounds upon him. After this space of time I shall send others. When I
    am crushing the lumps of live matter, one fragment may happen to be denser than another.
    Its atoms struggle furiously to detach their cluster in order to go about tormenting humanity;
    but cohesion in its harness resists. By a supreme convulsion they generate such a stress that
    the stone, unable to disperse its living constituents, hurls itself high into the skies as if blown up
    by gunpowder and falls back, burying itself deep below the soil. Sometimes the musing peasant
    perceives a meteorite cleave vertically through space, heading at its lowest point for a field of
    maize. He does not know whence comes the stone. You now have a clear and succinct explanation
    of the phenomenon.

Were the earth covered in lice like grains of sand on the seashore, the human race would be
    annihilated, stricken with terrible grief. What a sight! And I, with angel's wings, motionless in
    the air to view it!

pardon the formatting weirdness towards the end

shit is a pain in the ass

Elendil on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Washington (CNN) -- An air traffic controller and his supervisor are under investigation because the controller allegedly brought his two small children into the control tower and allowed them to speak with pilots on an air traffic control frequency.

terrorists!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I keep meaning to ask who the lady in your av is and what is it from because the sig looks interesting and not because I want to masturbate to images of her.

i think you meant to post this to hakks

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    should i even wonder why Feral was infracted?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

terrorists!

"What are you in prison for?"

"Bring your child to work day."

Nocturne on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh and their response is that they just wanted to see who I would pick up the phone for.

who does that?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God damn bullshit dress code.

Women can wear skirts and heeled sandals but fuck you Quid no shorts and sandals you have to go buy pants.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Is your sister pregnant?

Man, who knows.

you will have to introduce me to your sister, elks

She's the much outgoingier Elk, but I guess her "party err'day-let's fly out to Caribbean for a long-weekend" days are over, now. Maybe.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    should i even wonder why Feral was infracted?

Excessive yiffiness. You know how Will gets about that sort of thing.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited March 2010

God I'm so sick of this story. It's the third time today it's been linked in chat and I heard it on the radio this morning.

The kids didn't do anything other than "Clear for take off, flight 141" and simple shit like that. It was very obvious dad was telling them what to say and let them say the simple stuff, not the complicated air direction. It was all ground.

Just, suspend the guy, tell him not to do it again and move on.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Ugh. The state of arts education, these days.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Heading out, elendil, but I'll check it when I get back

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010

God I'm so sick of this story. It's the third time today it's been linked in chat and I heard it on the radio this morning.

The kids didn't do anything other than "Clear for take off, flight 141" and simple shit like that. It was very obvious dad was telling them what to say and let them say the simple stuff, not the complicated air direction. It was all ground.

Oh, I didn't see it in [chat] earlier.

Feral on

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Elki I didn't have an Arts Education I went to a REAL COLLEGE.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am a slow typist

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Oh, I didn't see it in [chat] earlier.

It's not your fault. No one wants to talk about it, despite the fact that yeah, it is kinda a weird story.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Elki I didn't have an Arts Education I went to a REAL COLLEGE.

La Pietà, you heathen.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so hungry

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    She's the much outgoingier Elk, but I guess her "party err'day-let's fly out to Caribbean for a long-weekend" days are over, now. Maybe.
    You should call dibs on her bar.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

i think you meant to post this to hakks

the virgin mary?

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Seriously.

I now own three God damn pairs of jeans.

A fucking waste.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    so hungry
    Have some cheetos.

Or some dessert nachos.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Seriously.

I now own three God damn pairs of jeans.

A fucking waste.

uh what

I only have 4 pairs of jeans and that is too little

Hakkekage on
This discussion has been closed.