As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Thanks, [chat]

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know what I'm just calling Elki's bitch Olivia Wilde and calling it a day.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    so hungry
    Have some cheetos.

Or some dessert nachos.

I am meeting a friend tonight for dinner

she is in town and wants to see some san diego, so that means near the beach

just not sure where to eat

skippydumptruck on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's not your fault. No one wants to talk about it, despite the fact that yeah, it is kinda a weird story.

I don't know much about how air traffic control operates. I can't imagine that they'd have gotten away with putting anybody in any actual danger.

But I am pretty sick of people acting like kids are perfectly appropriate in the workplace no matter what kind of workplace it is. If I'm on the phone with a client, I do not need some crying screaming stomping brat in the background banging on his Leapfrog pad making farm animal noises. I get that daycare is expensive, but so are a lot of things in life.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Seriously.

I now own three God damn pairs of jeans.

A fucking waste.

uh what

I only have 4 pairs of jeans and that is too little

That is because you don't wear shorts every day in your island paradise.

Quid on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

Ugh. The state of arts education, these days.

Elki I didn't have an Arts Education I went to a REAL COLLEGE.

La Pietà, you heathen.

he's not talking about MY av

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited March 2010
    and what are dessert nachos

skippydumptruck on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Seriously.

A fucking waste.

uh what

Yeah but when was the last time she had to be evacuated?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited March 2010
    Seriously.

A fucking waste.

uh what

oh of course you're in fucking Hawaii

in that case

BITE ME

Hakkekage on
    edited March 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    It's not your fault. No one wants to talk about it, despite the fact that yeah, it is kinda a weird story.

I don't know much about how air traffic control operates. I can't imagine that they'd have gotten away with putting anybody in any actual danger.

But I am pretty sick of people acting like kids are perfectly appropriate in the workplace no matter what kind of workplace it is. If I'm on the phone with a client, I do not need some crying screaming stomping brat in the background banging on his Leapfrog pad making farm animal noises. I get that daycare is expensive, but so are a lot of things in life.

huh

I think this is kind of a dick position to hold

skippydumptruck on
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I don't care about Hakks avatar.

I mean, JESUS.

Kagera on
    edited March 2010

Giant ass picture

http://nachopatrol.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/dsc03471.jpg

Quid on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I mean, JESUS.
    jesus is in the sig

fuck

Elendil on
    edited March 2010

Giant ass picture

http://nachopatrol.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/dsc03471.jpg

oh shit that looks good!

skippydumptruck on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hakkes. Answer this question as a lady.

You and a lady friend. Both call a dude to see if he does not pick up for person A if he will pick up for person B.

what does that mean.

what is this happening to me.

someone give me a SC2 beta key.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    God damn bullshit dress code.

Women can wear skirts and heeled sandals but fuck you Quid no shorts and sandals you have to go buy pants.

i tried to prepare you for this world

i tried dogg

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010
    Yeah but when was the last time she had to be evacuated?

That statement loses its effect when the place you're evacuating to is Hawaii.
    oh of course you're in fucking Hawaii

in that case

BITE ME

Listen, we can work this out.

I have a couple pairs of jeans I need to get rid of in a month and a half. Very cheap.

Quid on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2010

I mean, JESUS.

Hahaha. OK, well, I don't know who she is. But I had several photos of her. Full ones, oh yeah.

And then my computer crashed, so... I'll have to remember the website I saw it in.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited March 2010

huh

Yeah, maybe a little.

If a kid is quiet and calm and can just be independent for a little while, I don't mind it as much.

But most of the time when somebody brings a kid to work, they're running around, making noises or they've brought a toy that makes noises, grabbing things off desks, and just being a general pain in the ass. It's really disruptive, but because it's usually the older senior managerial people doing it, they get away with it.

Feral on

edited March 2010

You and a lady friend. Both call a dude to see if he does not pick up for person A if he will pick up for person B.

what does that mean.

It's a way to find out if you're avoiding person A and if so will person B able to be a spy for person A.

Kagera on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Feral's thread is an odd coincidence. I was talking about the perception of work in society in the chat thread the other day and no one understood my perspective.

:?:

I remarked that I thought it was odd and wrong that human beings devote their entire lives to working in a machine that stifles their freedom so that when they're at the end of their life they can retire and are finally free to do as they wish. I find the concept of life long work to be antithetical to what it is to be human.

I both work and largely do what I want. A job is just so I have the means to actually do it.

I can't eat 50$ worth of sushi or buy a guitar otherwise.

But how many hours do you spend working and how many hours do you have for yourself? Unless you're working part time then your work hours exceed personal hours. You're selling your own time to someone else so that they can benefit and then "compensate" you with the money that you need because society is set up that way. Wouldn't you rather live for yourself rather than for someone (or something) else? Except for your birth and death your existence is used for work. When you were a child you were educated not for the sake of an education but so you can work, you go to college because society says you need one again not for education but so you can get a job, the rest of your life will be defined by your work until you retire which you can only do because you sacrificed so many years and not because you deserve to have your own time back.

Even if your profession coincides with your own personal interests you are ever careful of making sure you're still marketable, that you have practical purpose.

Sarksus on
    edited March 2010

what does that mean.

It's a way to find out if you're avoiding person A and if so will person B able to be a spy for person A.

BUT I'M NOT AVOIDING ANYONE

THIS IS WHY I'M SO CONFUSED.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010

what does that mean.

BUT I'M NOT AVOIDING ANYONE

THIS IS WHY I'M SO CONFUSED.

People are paranoid sometimes.

Kagera on
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    God damn bullshit dress code.

Women can wear skirts and heeled sandals but fuck you Quid no shorts and sandals you have to go buy pants.

i tried to prepare you for this world

i tried dogg

This is nothing like the real world's casual dress. There are various guys showing up every day in ironic 80s t-shirts and jeans with denim scraping away. One guy wears an Irish tweed cap everywhere he goes. I'm wearing Kelly green Chuck Taylors for lack of any better choice that isn't a military shoe.

Quid on
    edited March 2010

what does that mean.

uh yeah this

to see if you're ignoring them or just busy

Hakkekage on
    edited March 2010

huh

Yeah, maybe a little.

If a kid is quiet and calm and can just be independent for a little while, I don't mind it as much.

But most of the time when somebody brings a kid to work, they're running around, making noises or they've brought a toy that makes noises, grabbing things off desks, and just being a general pain in the ass. It's really disruptive, but because it's usually the older senior managerial people doing it, they get away with it.

oh you know, for some reason, when I read your post, I thought you were talking about people who work at home

and if their kids are loud in the background when you are on the phone with them

I have never worked at a place where kids are allowed at the office

skippydumptruck on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What movie should I Netflix next? We just watched Six String Samurai, which resulted in both amusement and bemusement.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited March 2010
    man people are weird.

you hear me people?

you are all weird.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I am going to be the best uncle ever. Watch me.

i am kind of a terrible uncle

i blame it on the fact that my sister in law doesn't like me and makes it difficult for me to be around her child

but mostly it's probably because i don't really get kids

Well, I get along with my sister in law just fine. Probably because we met before she was that, went to college at similarish times, and shared some regular young people dumb/fun things together, like a movie marathon with Mean Girls, Planet Terror, and Anchorman.

Is yours old and weird?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    so hungry
    Have some cheetos.

Or some dessert nachos.
    I am meeting a friend tonight for dinner

she is in town and wants to see some san diego, so that means near the beach

just not sure where to eat
    Mexican.

Thanatos on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    DUE, have you had any luck with things that are not beer and video games, sir?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited March 2010
    But how many hours do you spend working and how many hours do you have for yourself? Unless you're working part time then your work hours exceed personal hours. You're selling your own time to someone else so that they can benefit and then "compensate" you with the money that you need because society is set up that way. Wouldn't you rather live for yourself rather than for someone (or something) else? Except for your birth and death your existence is used for work. When you were a child you were educated not for the sake of an education but so you can work, you go to college because society says you need one again not for education but so you can get a job, the rest of your life will be defined by your work until you retire which you can only do because you sacrificed so many years and not because you deserve to have your own time back.

Even if your profession coincides with your own personal interests you are ever careful of making sure you're still marketable, that you have practical purpose.

this sounds like an interesting conversation

if you'd like to opt out of the system, you can do that!

but

then you have to spend most of your day weaving a blanket to sleep under and hoeing your garden and shit like that

which is what a lot of hippies sadly learned in the '60s :(

and, you don't ever get to retire from farming because retirement = starvation woo

on the other hand, I also hate the idea that I have to trade my time for dollars so that I can pay my rent and eat

I guess I'm just saying it seems better than the alternative

skippydumptruck on
    edited March 2010
    Is yours old and weird?

My sister and brother-in-law sing grace at the dinner table and then everyone says something they're thankful for that day in their scary clean house.

I don't see that niece and nephew near as much as the others.

Quid on
    edited March 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    DUE, have you had any luck with things that are not beer and video games, sir?

How do you mean?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    Is yours old and weird?

My sister and brother-in-law sing grace at the dinner table and then everyone says something they're thankful for that day in their scary clean house.

Intervention?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    And whoo! Just knocked out 55 pushups without stopping to rest. Go upper body go.

Quid on
    edited March 2010
    And whoo! Just knocked out 55 pushups without stopping to rest. Go upper body go.

HELL YEAH SON

GET SOME

GET SOME

BIG MAN.

BIG MAN.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    aviation cocktail!

6 oz gin
    2 oz maraschino
    2 oz lemon juice
    1/2 oz creme de violette

it's pretty good

(this recipe made two large cocktails)

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010
    Is yours old and weird?

Intervention?

They're actually remarkably nice and accepting of others. You kind of have to be with our family.

It's just that they're really in to their faith as applies to their own.

Quid on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

huh

Kids suck and the veneration of children in our society is not only creepy but it's down right stupid. What's next? "Dwiver! Pwease put your weft hand out de window and wif youh wight hand tuhrn off de ignitions."

Sheep on
    edited March 2010
    so I think for dinner it is burgers at http://www.barebackgrill.com/

or something at http://www.johnnyvsd.com/

skippydumptruck on
This discussion has been closed.