Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Steam wants your money: Shattered Horizon freekend.

1575859606163»

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    I think it is a pretty surprising surprise.

zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited June 2010
    Valve is hiring me to be the VA for Gordon.

If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    JAHGDKJHAGDKFJHSGDKFHFGKJAHSGDFKASJGDHFSDFHGASHDFAS

• RepoxRepox Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I seem to recall hearing that they were trying to implement the portal gun for Gordan himself to use in Ep 3. Designing the relatively open levels that we're used to in HL that wouldn't be totally broken by the gun would certainly be a challenge.

i remember reading about that on kotaku a long time ago

the thought of taunting enemies while teleporting my ass in infinite loops still makes me giddy.

not only that, but programming the AI to appropriately detect, move and shoot through ever shifting portals...

it gives me a headache just thinking about it
    didn't the portal turrets already do it near perfectly?

• SilvenSilven Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Frustratingly so, yes.

But each of the levels in Portal was carefully crafted for the purpose of portal-ing.

In a different environment I doubt it would work so well.

• RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    well the turrets didn't move, but I don't think it'd be that hard to add in a condition to approach what they're firing at

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    well the turrets didn't move, but I don't think it'd be that hard to add in a condition to approach what they're firing at

It really would.

Fortunately, you can justify enemies not wanting to take portals on account of them having a tendency to spontaneously start being suspended over death. Though perhaps that'd be less fun.

Pony_Sig.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT EVERYBODY'S GOT A PRICE! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Valve is hiring me to be the VA for Gordon.

NUH UH

Milliondollarbelt.jpg
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited June 2010
    ok we are done

If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.
This discussion has been closed.