As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What is a good site to sell old textbooks?

BasicBasic Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
What is a good site, or sites, to sell old textbooks? I have all these college textbooks that I will never look inside ever again and I want to make space, but I don't want to just throw them out.

Basic on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Amazon, AbeBooks, or if they are still used on campus put a little sign under the top new book in the book store with your number on it and "I have a used copy for sale"

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Depends on how old. I usually get a decent return off Amazon. Older the book, worse return. For the current edition i can usually get 60-80%

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BasicBasic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Depends on how old. I usually get a decent return off Amazon. Older the book, worse return. For the current edition i can usually get 60-80%

I have some two year old text books and some more recent ones (last semester), how much will I gain off of them?

Basic on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How much were they worth when you bought them, what condition are they in, and are they still assigned/ at least usable for the professors class? Also, are they for your school only or are they more general?

(Or instead of me guessing you could just go look search for the book on Amazon and see what its going for.)

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just punch the ISBN into Amazon (so you get the correct edition) and see what the used prices are. That's the only way to find out.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Amazon is terrible for selling books, they take a HUGE commission ($11 off a $60 book, are you serious?)
    I use half.eBay.com. Basically eBay for books, without the whole bidding nonsense. Just list them and they'll be there indefinitely until someone buys them. Though you might have some stiff competition since some books are sold there dirt cheap and you might not gain much. Still it's my primary source for buying and selling books.

minirhyder on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is half.com still a thing? That's what I used back in the day (2003-2006).

ASimPerson on