Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

FL Studio confounds me.

TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districtsRegistered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
And Image Line's own tutorial is no help, either. The interface is so heinously complicated that I can't get my head around it for the life of me. My google-fu fails me; would anyone happen to know of a good tutorial, video or otherwise, which walks one through the creation of a simple demo track or two?

TheExAm on
6Jx6HOg.png
BF3/PS2/MWO/Hawken: CabbageOfDiscord | Minecraft: BrotherCabbage

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There are like 6 million on youtube

for example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bndqlP2FzFA

edit: actually that one isn't the best at explaining things

here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssY6G2pE1Mk

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll check those out, thanks!

6Jx6HOg.png
    BF3/PS2/MWO/Hawken: CabbageOfDiscord | Minecraft: BrotherCabbage
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No problem, and if you have any questions, there is a wealth of fruity loops videos on youtube

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • desdinovadesdinova Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've been a user since ~fl3 and if anything I'd say it's got one of the easier interfaces. The biggest hurdle to get by is its current (and silly, imo) hybrid pattern/linear interface. If you focus on grasping the standard features and creating patterns to, then, chain in song mode, I think you'll get through the growing pains a little easier.
    If you have any specific problems, I'm more than glad to help, shoot me a PM.

wat