As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Week o Games, 3/7: FF XIII, Yakuza3, Spectral Force, BlazBlue PSP, Dawn of War CR

2»

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rakai wrote: »
    The next 7 or 8 days have to be the most insane in recent memory:

FFXIII, Yakuza 3, RE5:Gold, God of War 3, Dragon Age: Awakening, Metro 2033, Resonance of Fate, Infinite Space, Pokemon, Fragile Dreams, and Command & Conquer 4 all release within the span of a week.

Welcome to Christmas2.0, aka, graveyard of games that were all moved to avoid going up agaist MW2.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd wager most of these weren't moved.

That was more the excuse for the games in January and February.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've mentioned it a couple of other places but I figure I should do it again. The PS3 version's the only one with the DLC actually included on the disc, whereas the 360 version is just packaged with a couple of DLC codes. So 360 owners may be better off just finding a cheap copy of the original RE5 release and buying the DLC seperately.

At least this seems a reasonable way of getting around the necessity of making the DLC available on PSN. And maybe it couldn't fit on a single disc and it wasn't worth the effort of printing a second one.

Still, it's always better to do the math to see with version is the most efficient.

I'm guessing they probably had to manage the resources for the original release anyway, so splitting the game afterwards or squeezing the game down even more probably weren't considered serious options.
    I'd wager most of these weren't moved.

That was more the excuse for the games in January and February.

There were a couple that were assumed they'd come out in 2009 (like GoW3), probably because some people had confused their publishers fiscal years.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rakai wrote: »
    The next 7 or 8 days have to be the most insane in recent memory:

FFXIII, Yakuza 3, RE5:Gold, God of War 3, Dragon Age: Awakening, Metro 2033, Resonance of Fate, Infinite Space, Pokemon, Fragile Dreams, and Command & Conquer 4 all release within the span of a week.

Welcome to Christmas2.0, aka, graveyard of games that were all moved to avoid going up agaist MW2.

Sega on Yakuza 3: "Despite taking an entire year to localise our game, we're so pressed for time that we have to cut out all the Shogi, Mahjong, Quiz Game and Hostess content to make the crucial window that contains 2 other massively high-profile PS3 games!" Combined with the utter lack of publicity, I'm half-wondering if they're trying to sabotage their chances of selling any copies - somehow both pissing off the fanbase and passing under the radar of new customers.

Bioptic on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Sam & Max Season 2 for Wii... been waiting for that FOREVER.

And it looks like I'll have to wait another day or two. Stupid non-Tuesday ship dates...

Vyolynce on