As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 4E Discussion] ITT we all get behind gnomes.

1555657585961»

• HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    okay now this is the worst d&d thread to date

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    I get the impression SkyCaptain has taken a very narrow definition of 'fun', one that implies mindless glee and meaningless reward, rather than a much broader and subjective sense of satisfaction. The later could include dealing with all sorts of difficult challenges and intense contemplation. But most people would not consider situations of pure frustration as 'fun'.
    I have to use the narrow definition because there are people that focus on one single event that is "not fun" rather than the whole experience. I simply and strongly believe that all aspects of D&D should be experienced and not just fun.

Well then I'm sure you won't object when your DM decides that it's time to narrate your character's forceful molestation at the hands of the Bugbear warden.

I have willingly roleplayed a similar encounter in a Talislanta game, where my character was introduced as an owned slave and was mistreated before being freed by the other characters. It was my choice and the GM was very skilled. One of the best GM's I've ever had the pleasure of playing under and I was very disappointed when I was unable to continue playing in that campaign.

Battered Spouse Syndrome, ladies and gentlemen.

Proof that SkyCaptain is damaged goods.

DarkPrimus on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    "You are in a tavern. There is a blonde barmaid who smiles a lot, a sassy red-headed barmaid, and a shy and retiring brunette barmaid. There's also an innkeeper and some people drinking. What do you do?"

Don't go down that road! Please, don't go down that road! We'll end up in one of those hardcore BDSM MU* places that I heard stories about.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    guys

please stop

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • MrBeensMrBeens Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Rumoured future errata might be changing all non-human races into that. With one fixed stat and a choice between two for the other.

Any sources for this rumor? The only time I have seen it mentioned was just after the PHB3 came out and people had a brief discussion about what would happen if the old races were retconned to use this system (I think it was on this forum)

MrBeens on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    "You are in a tavern. There is a blonde barmaid who smiles a lot, a sassy red-headed barmaid, and a shy and retiring brunette barmaid. There's also an innkeeper and some people drinking. What do you do?"

Don't go down that road! Please, don't go down that road! We'll end up in one of those hardcore BDSM MU* places that I heard stories about.

The only time I have ever felt uncomfortable was when someone asked me to fill in for an absent player and the first thing I hear when I sat down at the table...

"Alright, so Lolth is also the Goddess of Bondage and Sex."

The guy was skeevy and creepy... so I made my excuses and fled the game store as fast as I could. I later learned he had been hitting on some fourteen year old girl that was playing Pokemon earlier that day. Ugh. Not enough soap in the world.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MrBeens wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Rumoured future errata might be changing all non-human races into that. With one fixed stat and a choice between two for the other.

Any sources for this rumor? The only time I have seen it mentioned was just after the PHB3 came out and people had a brief discussion about what would happen if the old races were retconned to use this system (I think it was on this forum)

No source as far as I know, just conjecture on a variety of forums across the net. There's probably a dozen threads on the Wiz forums alone about the flexible ability scores.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SkyCaptain wrote:
    Welcome to my ignore list. Feel free to add me to yours or just stop replying my posts from now on as I won't be reading or responding to them at all.

:rotate:

DarkPrimus on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, if there were a way to get ignore lists to automatically hide posts from the person ignored and also and quotes from that person, the ignore system would be perfect.
    No one cares about you.
    No one cares about you either. :mrgreen:

See, this is wrong. I do care about Infidel. His opinions and observations have meaning to me. You, on the other hand...

Delmain on
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

If a creature has Vulnerable X, and it takes Ongoing X damage, does it take the extra damage on each tick?

Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yes.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gnoll Racial power, Ferocious Charge.

Ranger At-Will, Marauder's Rush.

Are these compatible? The power's wording seems to say so, though I've been told that Ferocious Charge is badly worded and you're not meant to be able to use a power that specifically says it can be used instead of the MBA portion of a charge.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dortmunder wrote: »

If a creature has Vulnerable X, and it takes Ongoing X damage, does it take the extra damage on each tick?

A stated Yes. This dirty little trick is why the Frost build exploits were nerfed recently. Too many feat builds around stacking ongoing ping. Still a 'feature' that gets exploited by Radiant vs Undead often in my games.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • DrswordsDrswords Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay guys. i have a new character for the 4e maptools game starting up in May. I finally have his backstory which is based off of a pivotal event in his life.

He is a Kalashtar Bard named Ryth Yfandes. He is young but mature ( most Kalashtar mature much faster than humans ) and he primarily uses an instrument rather than a wand.

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is his backstory:
    The pivotal event in his life was that he was with an adventuring party that was overwhelmed by spiders. He ended up fleeing for his life while his party died. This short story takes place a few days later. It also plays with the idea that Kalashtar are prone to madness.
    Ryth stared blankly at the ceiling of the room, barely noticing as the shadows slowly grew and lengthened into darkness. A small cough finally made him turn and look at the Eladrin sitting in the chair on the other side of the room.

“You can’t lay on that bed forever, Ryth. You’ll need to leave at some point.”

A mixture of emotions threatened to overwhelm the bard before being quashed by a single thought. In a dull monotone Ryth returned, “What do you care, Lethian? You’re dead. I left you to die. I left all of you to die.”

“And so you’ll give up on yourself just as easily? I thought you were special, Ryth. I still do, even if you’ve forgotten. If you’re not going to keep going for your own sake, then do it for mine.”

“What am I supposed to do, Lethian? I can’t save any of you, you’re dead in the dark and being eaten by spiders and – “

“Get a grip on yourself. Move on. Father Creeghan’s going to be angry that you didn’t come back with the amulet. He’s going to be even angrier that you came back alone. Take the wagon and head north, get out of here. Find adventure elsewhere.”

“But I can’t just leave you. I c-can’t… I mean, wh – “

“I’m not a ghost, Ryth. I’m not going anywhere. You know that.”

Ryth sat up slowly before sighing. “Alright, I’ll go. I guess there would be no point in staying anyways.”

As Ryth headed for the door he paused and asked, “Is this what it’s like to be mad, Lethian? To see and talk to ghosts that don’t exist?”

“Ryth, just go. You can contemplate your sanity on the way.”

Once on the road, Ryth unslung his bandore and began to play.

Little left in the moonlight
    Whats left for you is alright
    Lifes river flows across the bend
    We all see each other in the end
    A life of memories shared and said
    I lay me down to join the dead

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dortmunder wrote: »

A stated Yes. This dirty little trick is why the Frost build exploits were nerfed recently. Too many feat builds around stacking ongoing ping. Still a 'feature' that gets exploited by Radiant vs Undead often in my games.

You want to see Radiant vs Undead exploits, check out the lvl 16 cleric utility "Radiant Beams." That power single-handedly won us a big bad fight yesterday from the draconomicon yesterday.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.