As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] The Neverhood: Chronicles (Finished)

AlexPHottAlexPHott Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Games and Technology
TNtextlogo.png

As I searched through the thread that lists all Let's Plays done here I couldn't find The Neverhood, I'm very surprised because this is an absolutely wonderful game, I had an LP going of the game so I thought "Why not post it here?" the game needs a lot more recognition.

Anyway... Welcome, this is my second LP ever. Like my STALKER LP, all my videos are in 1080p, high quality and it takes a whole day to edit, export and upload a set (depending on how long it is ofcourse).

Doug Tennapel, the creator of Earthworm Jim is the mastermind behind this silly but brilliant adventure game. With Terry Scott Taylor the soundtrack it can't get any better, the music is such a big part of this game.

This game was released 1996 and sold around 41,000 copies, it never really got enough recognition commercially but it was well recieved by the buyers. It's a point and click puzzle/adventure game that uses the technology called "Claymation" which simply means that everything is in stop motion animated clay.

Characters:
You control the protagonist named "Klaymen", a curious and clumsy fella.

KlaymenToy.png

Through your journey of the Neverhood you meet a few but noteworthy characters, there's the creator of the Neverhood named Hoborg:

Hoborg.png

And to help you along the way is Willie Trombone who makes several appearances.

WillieTrombone.png

The antagonist named Klogg.

Klogg.png

Without further ado, here are the sets, I will keep this post updated and make a new post informing whenever there's a new set:

Set 1: Introduction
Set 2
Set 3
Set 4
Set 5 - Last set, includes both endings.

AlexPHott on

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This sounds awesome, but is 1080P necessary? If it bogs down the process so much, you might want to scale back.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've always wanted to play this/see the experience. This was when I was very, very little. Proceed.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Doesn't seem like a game that'd benefit from 1080p for sure. Makes it look like you're playing a 1996 game on a 1993 computer. Very jerky.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had the sequel, Skullmonkeys. Was a fun game.

tardcore on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Doesn't seem like a game that'd benefit from 1080p for sure. Makes it look like you're playing a 1996 game on a 1993 computer. Very jerky.
    I agree, you hardly see any difference but it's been a habit for me to export with those settings, it's not really a big annoyance for me and I doubt you suffer from it either. ;)

Oh yeah, Skullmonkeys is the "sequel" that was released only for the PS, it's a platformer so it's very different from this game. You could say that Skullmonkeys resembles Earthworm Jim more.

AlexPHott on
  • Options
    TekDragonTekDragon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I knew a guy on the OffTopic forums who LOVED Neverhood and occasionally played RTS games with PC crew. You wouldn't happen to be him?

TekDragon on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TekDragon wrote: »
    I knew a guy on the OffTopic forums who LOVED Neverhood and occasionally played RTS games with PC crew. You wouldn't happen to be him?
    Nope, I'm completely new here.

AlexPHott on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I played this game for the first time at school, my IT teacher brought it in to show us the amazing "graphics". It does look pretty great, and one has to appreciate the great workmanship that has gone into it. But I remember thinking at the time "It's just photographs and videos of clay .... "

And when i think back, my IT teacher was pretty awesome.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I played this game for the first time at school, my IT teacher brought it in to show us the amazing "graphics". It does look pretty great, and one has to appreciate the great workmanship that has gone into it. But I remember thinking at the time "It's just photographs and videos of clay .... "

Sure, it's just photographs and videos of clay, but modern games are just rendered models with textures slapped on them, it just looks different. It's the story, the puzzles, the music and the art direction together that make this such a brilliant game.

AlexPHott on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AlexPHott wrote: »

Sure, it's just photographs and videos of clay, but modern games are just rendered models with textures slapped on them, it just looks different. It's the story, the puzzles, the music and the art direction together that make this such a brilliant game.

Don't get me wrong.

It is a brilliant game. I loved it. Few games come around with this much creativity just oozing out of them.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Uploaded a new set, finished the game now, hope you enjoyed/enjoy it. =)

AlexPHott on