As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Avengers Thread! 'Nuff Said

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So it's basically just people that wear some sort of Spider costumes? I figured this was going to be something to do with the Spider totem coming back.

Hensler on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It is a Spider totem thing! The Kravens just seem to be going after anyone spider related despite only like three or four of them having actual totem connections.

Furu on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    So it's basically just people that wear some sort of Spider costumes? I figured this was going to be something to do with the Spider totem coming back.

Me too, because really Black Widow and characters like Kaine have pretty much no connection that I'm aware of, it makes little sense to just include them based on the name.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, Kaine is a clone of Parker, so I can see that. Madame Web said before that her ability to see the future was the same thing as Peter's spider-sense. But Black Widow and Scarlet MVP Spider are spiders in name only, I believe. I can't even remember what Mattie Franklin did to get powers.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mattie got hers from a ~magic ceremony~ so she might be connected too, and Arana is definitely connected to the totem.

Furu on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Black Widow and Spider-Woman (and I think Arachne as well) were all shown in that teaser picture showing all the dead spider-people.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    Furu wrote: »
    They are bringing back Armory. Read the solicit for AA #2.

Sweet.

The solicit says that Arsenal is coming back, not Armory.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    spectatorspectator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mattie got "Power" from the gathering of 5 magic ceromony, its not spider related at all. The only reason she calls herself Spider-woman is because she idolises Spider-Man

spectator on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    They are bringing back Armory. Read the solicit for AA #2.

Sweet.

The solicit says that Arsenal is coming back, not Armory.

Really?

Who the fuck is Arsenal?

Furu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Isn't Arsenal a DC character?

Solar on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The only 'Arsenal' that I can find for Marvel is an old Bill Mantlo creation, so I doubt that one.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    IO think Arsenal is the chicky with the alien arm that Gyrick removed after she killed MVP.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Nope, that's Armory, hence the confusion.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    IO think Arsenal is the chicky with the alien arm that Gyrick removed after she killed MVP.

Dude, that's armoury, the chick we all thought it was with the rad pink hair.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, maybe they're just changing her name to Arm-oury.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Too soon.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    not soon enough

Furu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, it's not like Komodo, where they just chopped her legs off. They just took the weapon away. I never understood why they did that to Komodo.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    She didn't want to play ball so they stripped her powers away and with her powers go her legs.

Because ...I guess thats how that works.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    um... Komodo had lost her legs in an accident before she got her powers

in fact the whole reason she stole Conners' Lizard stuff was to grow them back, which is also why she stayed in Lizard form at almost all times

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    um... Komodo had lost her legs in an accident before she got her powers

in fact the whole reason she stole Conners' Lizard stuff was to grow them back, which is also why she stayed in Lizard form at almost all times

Yes but them disappearing when you turn her powers off basically means that her powers are constantly maintaining her legs and then...disappearing that mass back into her. Its as silly as the Lizard. Though they should probably remain all scaly.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    her powers work exactly the same as the Lizard's

why is that so hard to grasp

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I never said they didn't. Its just a silly clause.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    A piece of comic book science is silly? I refuse to believe it.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Maybe Marvel and DC just decided to switch their 1 armed characters?

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    her powers work exactly the same as the Lizard's

why is that so hard to grasp

Doesn't the Lizard's arm whither and drop off when he turns back into Connors?
    It should.

MastaP on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It does.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It does.

It's one of the reasons she spent most of her time in lizard form, she was ashamed of her normal self.

Solar on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It does.

It's one of the reasons she spent most of her time in lizard form, she was ashamed of her normal self.

The thought that allows me to venture outside is "At least I'm not a lizard-man." I now have to rethink alot of shit.

Also: Justice (Vance) needs a new costume. Or at least some minor alterations to his current suit (which he has had since forever) along the lines of the new Quasar costume.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It does.

The thought that allows me to venture outside is "At least I'm not a lizard-man." I now have to rethink alot of shit.

Also: Justice (Vance) needs a new costume. Or at least some minor alterations to his current suit (which he has had since forever) along the lines of the new Quasar costume.

I like his costume. He gets a lot of shit about it and I don't know why, he looks like a proper superhero and the blue/grey/yellow is pulled off.

Solar on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It does.

I like his costume. He gets a lot of shit about it and I don't know why, he looks like a proper superhero and the blue/grey/yellow is pulled off.

It's not horrible by any stretch, but it just seems to have been around so long and he deserves more spotlight (though the recent Academy stuff has helped him there). I have this naive belief that a characters costume is 70% responsible for how successful he is.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It does.

It's not horrible by any stretch, but it just seems to have been around so long and he deserves more spotlight (though the recent Academy stuff has helped him there). I have this naive belief that a characters costume is 70% responsible for how successful he is.

Maybe not 70% but a characters look is certainly important.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I like Justice's costume. He looks like a superhero.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

See, that's what I'm talking about. Superheroes should have bright, skin-tight costumes, preferably with a cool cape.

Solar on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

See, that's what I'm talking about. Superheroes should have bright, skin-tight costumes, preferably with a cool cape.

Nut most of the people in the MU don't dress like stereotypical superheroes, so his outfit looks overdone and makes him seem like a bit of a poser.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Nut most of the people in the MU don't dress like stereotypical superheroes, so his outfit looks overdone and makes him seem like a bit of a poser.

You're a poser

Seriously, though. He's a superhero. His outfit should look overdone, because he has superpowers, and should look different than normal people. More heroes should have capes, when did those go out of style?

EDIT: I also like that star thing he has on his chest. It adds flair.

109706-122601-justice_large.png

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    His look would be more at home in the DCU, where there are a lot more capes.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

You're a poser

Seriously, though. He's a superhero. His outfit should look overdone, because he has superpowers, and should look different than normal people. More heroes should have capes, when did those go out of style?

EDIT: I also like that star thing he has on his chest. It adds flair.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Solar on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    His look would be more at home in the DCU, where there are a lot more capes.

Honestly, it's a pretty good look. The headpiece could possibly be updated, it is a little Gambit-y for my tastes, but at the same time I can totally see how just tampering with the elements of it (show the ears? hide the eyes? or just the hair?) starts to totally screw with everything. At most, they could probably get away with adjusting the colours of his suit a little, but that's as far as it should go.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    For someone who is a telekenetic and has no super strength or speed, having a cape seems a bit too much.

TexiKen on