As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Avengers Thread! 'Nuff Said

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Capes are for flyers, and Justice can fly.

Solar on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just ditch the headpiece and he's good.

Hensler on
    edited May 2010
    The headpiece is cool, it needs to stay.

Solar on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You guys need to stop hating on Justice.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Eh, he was pro-registration (switched sides from Caps underground). That's a huge character flaw in my book, and while he is a good person I always have conflicting emotions when dealing with heroes who were pro-registration.

For many of us, the Civil War isn't over yet.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited May 2010
    Eh, he was pro-registration (switched sides from Caps underground). That's a huge character flaw in my book, and while he is a good person I always have conflicting emotions when dealing with heroes who were pro-registration.

For many of us, the Civil War isn't over yet.

Get out of my head.

Solar on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    It shouldnt be over for anyone, they fought each other and locked their friends away. Caps just forgiven it all and IM has conveniently forgot it all.

DarkWarrior on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Witch Hunter you are mirror me, because all those anti-registration jerks still grind my gears.

TexiKen on
    edited May 2010
    Well, they're making a one shot featuring Cap, Tony, and Thor that will highlight the residual fallout of the bad blood between the three (well, the bad blood 2 of them have for one of them). Apparently it will solve everything.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited May 2010
    It's actually a 5 issue mini, which seems excessive. But it is more Alan Davis art.

TexiKen on
    edited May 2010
    You know what would solve some shit?

Steve and Thor beating Tony into a bloody mess.

Yes, I am feeling spiteful.

Solar on
    edited May 2010
    Well, they're making a one shot featuring Cap, Tony, and Thor that will highlight the residual fallout of the bad blood between the three (well, the bad blood 2 of them have for one of them). Apparently it will solve everything.

Didn't a comic come out or a preview for one where Thor floats on down, Stark gives him some bull and then they shake hands and shrug it all off? Presumably play with each other later? Meh, this was a chance for there to be a new big 3. IM might have forgotten it all but unlike OMD he did actually do it still, hes been a big, big douche for many years now and he needs actually calling on it.

DarkWarrior on
    edited May 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It's actually a 5 issue mini, which seems excessive. But it is more Alan Davis art.

Well, it would give substance to the story-line of the three working out their issues, and I' okay with that. Plus, Alan Davis.

And Solar: Did you forget? Sentry was pro-reg, he's had this coming for a long time.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited May 2010
    That was Iron Man #25, and yeah, they basically hugged it out.

TexiKen on
    edited May 2010

Didn't a comic come out or a preview for one where Thor floats on down, Stark gives him some bull and then they shake hands and shrug it all off? Presumably play with each other later? Meh, this was a chance for there to be a new big 3. IM might have forgotten it all but unlike OMD he did actually do it still, hes been a big, big douche for many years now and he needs actually calling on it.

Thor also said that they'd still have that "long talk" and that there was still a huge gulf between them in terms of their friendship.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited May 2010

Well, it would give substance to the story-line of the three working out their issues, and I' okay with that. Plus, Alan Davis.

And Solar: Did you forget? Sentry was pro-reg, he's had this coming for a long time.

The Sentry is severely mentally ill, Tony Stark probably just bribed him with anti-psychotics. "Steve can't take the voices away, but I can, all you need to do is punch people in the face when I say so."

Solar on
    edited May 2010

Thor also said that they'd still have that "long talk" and that there was still a huge gulf between them in terms of their friendship.

I know what he said, its certainly not what was conveyed.

Any talk will probably be just a flaggon of mead, some boar meat and a game of cards.

DarkWarrior on
    edited May 2010
    Or a drunken brawl that will inevitably lead to drinking and laughing over the drunken brawl (and the past five years).

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Something tells me we won't see the actual meeting, just the result. At which point, I assume the three of them will influence the undoing of the SHRA somehow.

Linespider5 on
    edited May 2010
    Basically in IM #25

Tony tells Thor he would have done the same thing if he knew what he knew at the time (that's the caveat of saying I would actually change my decision without actually saying it), and then Thor offers Tony Asgardian gold to rebuild Stark Industries, but Tony refuses.

Tony was actually more snippy with Reed than Thor

TexiKen on
    edited May 2010
    Basically in IM #25

Tony tells Thor he would have done the same thing if he knew what he knew at the time (that's the caveat of saying I would actually change my decision without actually saying it), and then Thor offers Tony Asgardian gold to rebuild Stark Industries, but Tony refuses.

Yah, with Thor Tony was saying he was basically standing by his decisions because they supported the moral stance he was taking in the bigger picture, which is a pretty honorable stance to take (even though I don't agree with it per se), and I see how Thor would be supportive of that at least. With Reed, he was being called on a lapse of judgement because he was so sure things would work out for the best he didn't bother to make sure all his bases were covered in the event of a catostrophic failure.

That being said, I still don't know how easy it would be to forgive someone who cloned you, told everyone it was you, then used that clone to kill one of your friends. That's at least five issues.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited May 2010
    Basically in IM #25

Yah, with Thor Tony was saying he was basically standing by his decisions because they supported the moral stance he was taking in the bigger picture, which is a pretty honorable stance to take (even though I don't agree with it per se), and I see how Thor would be supportive of that at least. With Reed, he was being called on a lapse of judgement because he was so sure things would work out for the best he didn't bother to make sure all his bases were covered in the event of a catostrophic failure.

That being said, I still don't know how easy it would be to forgive someone who cloned you, told everyone it was you, then used that clone to kill one of your friends. That's at least five issues.

much like the rest of Siege the interesting repercussions will likely be glossed over, THor shouldn't even really be talking with Stark for a good long time until something big came up that forced them to work together. If they weren't going to be in the Avengers together they could probably have explored it but instead it just needed an insta-reset.

DarkWarrior on
    edited May 2010
    Well one could argue (and I can't believe I'm saying this) that fighting alongside Thor for the good of the planet during the Secret Invasion cracked the ice a bit, and going through the Dark Reign as a fugitive and losing everything in the process may have given Thor cause to believe Tony has suffered almost enough. All Tony has to do is apologize for the clone and I'll suck it up . . . maybe.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited May 2010
    Through the actions taken by the Illuminati, which I dont think Thor is a member of, it has resulted in Asgard being destroyed.

Theres lots of stuff thats been ignored, Banner and Skaar should be a lot more pissed at Reed, Stark, Xavier, Strange and whoever else was in that Illuminati group.

DarkWarrior on
    edited May 2010
    Black Bolt and Namor, neither of which actually did anything really dodgy if I'm honest.

Solar on
    edited May 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    Black Bolt and Namor, neither of which actually did anything really dodgy if I'm honest.

Yeah thats fair, I think they both opted out of sending Hulk away. Oh wait, no Black Bolt was in the arena so he must have been involved.

DarkWarrior on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Honestly the only thing the Illuminiati truly fucked up was the Skrull thing. Regarding all their other adventures that were shown they so far have kept the Infinity Gauntlet dormant, made Noh-Varr a force for good, and stood down the Beyonder.

As for Hulk, I'm sorry to say but that was a good decision in theory.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited May 2010
    Solar wrote: »

Yeah thats fair, I think they both opted out of sending Hulk away. Oh wait, no Black Bolt was in the arena so he must have been involved.

I think that was Skrullbolt anyway. But then the real one messed up his street cred by getting all goosey about the Kree and Shi'ar and ended up tearing a hole in the universe.

Solar on
    edited May 2010
    I was always a bit confused at the zeal which Tony supported govt. oversight of superheroes, yet at the same time, was a member of a shadowy group that sought to influence world politics and considered itself above any government.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited May 2010
    This is because Tony Stark is a hypocrite.

Solar on
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Being in the Illuminati beats any government or superhero arrangements. Consider it a dick move to both parties.

(edit) What Solar said.

Linespider5 on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You know what would have prevented all of this? Keeping Millar away from Iron Man.

Fencingsax on
    edited May 2010
    Well Millar can write a damn good Ultimate Iron Man but then again basically created that character anyway.

wirehead26 on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    You know what would have prevented all of this? Keeping Millar away from the traditional Marvel Universe.

I think Millar's writing style works best in creator-owned or alternative-universe (Ultimates, Old Man Logan) settings.

On the other hand, the post-CW Marvel has been an interesting setting for stories and creators.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The illuminati basically caused the whole mess of disasters to befall the marvel universe over the last six years... Wanky bastards...

And Iron kinda already got a little whoopin' in what was it, Thor #2 or #3 from the new series? But i really hope they dont "BAM! Friends again!" the big three, wouldn't piss of enough people is they did.

And old man logan was amazing. Especially the final one shot.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
    edited May 2010
    That whoopin in Thor you're talkin about? Iron Man got off light.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited May 2010
    True... i really want thor to administer some proper asgardian vengence, i mean the godwas genetically raped! By his brah! Iron-brah...

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Uh, like I said before the only thing the Illuminati could be fully blamed for is the Skrull invasion. Otherwise I'd say there track record is pretty good.

wirehead26 on
    edited May 2010
    Besides fucking the entire planet over many years, what they did with Noh-Varr was excellent, but reed n tony had already agreed to the SHRA before it was even proposed, damn futurists. Futurist is code for dick. Also has anything come of the fact they all have an infinity gem? or was that further in the past than i recollect?

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Nope, after the Illuminati split them up between each other the gems were never mentioned again, not even to one another.

Witch_Hunter_84 on