As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ps2(disc?) woes

VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I just got Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection last week

it was a brand new box, never been opened before but whenever I put MGS2 in my ps2(got it in 2004ish its a 39001) it stays in the browser and the disc just spins foreverandeverandever

every other game in my library works(including mgs3 that came with it)

help?

VALVEjunkie on

• Options
    Conroy BumpasConroy Bumpas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i know this sounds stupid, as other games work. but this happened to mine when it was on is way out.

the laser just wouldnt play certain disks and slowly got worse.

the putting it on its side thing worked for a while.

mine was strange would play old scrached games from the rental store but not brand new ones.

i think also there is 2 types of PS" discs dvd ones. silver on the bottom and ps2 purple on the bottom ones. and i think the laser when it gets old has problems with one type or the other.

Conroy Bumpas on
    Please note I cannot be held responsible for any mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, karma, dharma, metaphysical, religious, philosophical, Logical , Ethical, Aesthetical, or financial damage caused by this post